“A "must visit" restaurant in Forfar for locals and travelers.”
Review of Springers Coffee Lounge - CLOSED

Springers Coffee Lounge
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Damian and Nigel offer you a warm welcome to their Coffee Lounge. We provide a large selection of speciality teas and coffee, alongside a range of handmade chocolates, cakes and savouries. Why not pop in and sample some of our extensive menu? We also offer a range of other specialities - seasonal and throughout the year.
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Myself, my partner and children live just outside Forfar. We have all visited together and I often go on my own. Every visit is a treat.

Anytime I go into town I have to go to visit even just for a coffee. Lunch is always delicious with a menu full of traditional fare but with extra special and interesting international dishes too. I am addicted to the Croque-monsieur, deeelicious!! As are their Waffles. Beware! Your Springers Coffee Lounge addiction will start there for sure.

The owners and staff are always welcoming and happy to see you and will always go that extra length to meet your needs.

Even if you don't have time to stop, pop in for some of their homemade chocolates, they are as delicious as their restaurant food.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

At Springers you get lovely tasty food and, best of all, a menu that has a few different things...not just the same stuff you get everywhere. Friendly staff too. Highly recommended.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Looking though Forfar for somewhere decent to have lunch, I espied this quirky wee place. Not initially terribly inviting and not quite clear at first what it was: was it a chocolate maker, sweet shop, coffee place or lunching spot? All of these in fact. Don't let that put you off. It is a bit of an oasis for food, tea and chocolate lovers. excellent lunch with unusual choices such as a New York Philly steak roll: just as good as anything that I have eaten there in that City. Excellent leaf teas also found there. Service is charming and swift. Beware though, there are not many tables so get there early. I do hope they expand a bit.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I have been here a few times now, and, in my opinion, it is actually starting to improve from the fairly high standard it started out with. Its always been good during the day, but, these occasional Saturday night opening (fortnightly, I think) are starting to become a worthwhile regular occurence for my and partner.
This timje round there was a group of us. Its a fairly smallish menu, limited choice, but as its published some time before you know whats coming and its your choice whether you'll be happy with this prior to the visit. If you dont fancy that weeks choice, simply go elsewhere, if you do fancy it, you;d be foolish to go somewhere else.
Its a limited range of options, but, they are all cooked to perfection, the service is very good and the staff are friendly and welcoming.
I will no doubt be returning in the near future. It is not licensed, but, you can bring your own, so it makes no odds.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

found myself in forfar for the afternoon and chanced upon this delightful coffee shop. ordered something called pan perdu which i had never heard of before and found it to be delicious. the coffee was top notch too. on my way out i bought some of their home made chocolate and i can safely say it was as good as any chocolate i've tried before. shame that i am so seldom in forfar. well done.