“Very Good first visit!”

Ranked #15 of 56 Restaurants in Forfar
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

After recently moving into the area we decided to try out Chapter and Verse after being recommended! On a Sunday evening we walked into a busy, lively bar with others enjoying a high tea.. We decided to have the set special dinner menu for £12.99 for two courses! Brilliant portion sizes, good food, great service! Would definitely return! The chicken pakoras are a must!

Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The worst food I have ever had from Chapter and Verse was still above average.

Great varied menu and consistently good food brings people back again and again and I am always happy to do so!

Reviewed August 3, 2013

I love chapter and verse, fantastic food, introduced me to a love of mushrooms. Buffet on a Thursday is good as well. The staff are good although at times can be a tad slow, but it doesnt take away from the meal. Every time I go to another restaurant in town I find myself wishing we had just gone to chapter and verse.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I've eaten here a few times over the last year, usually in a large group, service is always quick and friendly. The menu is varied so everyone gets something they like, with a few different deals to choose from and prices are reasonable. Food is always very good.
Clean and modern, dining area is shared by customers drinking at the bar, this can get very busy later in the evening. A little more attention to eating customers to maintain a dining experience needed as the evening goes on.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

We have been here twice when travelling further and although from the outside it doesn't look much, once inside I was overly impressed.
We had high tea and the breaded fish was tremendous. The variety of cakes you get is wonderful. I'm actually hungry now thinking of the lovely food.
Can't wait to visit again