“Gorge walk in Tarfside”

20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Gorge walk in Tarfside”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I got a discount voucher for gorge walking for my teenage son and I as it was something I had always fancied. I was concerned as am not very fit and thought this would be a problem, but the guide was great explaining everything in detail and I felt very safe at all times.
Being in the water floating downstream on our backs was fantastic although my son preferred jumping from various heights into deep pools.
The whole experience was great fun and something I plan to repeat.

Visited August 2012

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
“gorge walk”
Reviewed July 31, 2012

Actually won this in a competition, but would happily pay for another go. Good fun, friendly and professional instructor, well- planned activity. The Retreat is a nice place to eat too.

Visited July 2012
Kirriemuir, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Gorge Walking”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Been looking for the perfect family day out with teenagers? This is it! Glen Esk is lovely and the gorge walking was a great laugh. We have done a number of activities with Highway2 Adventure and their sister company GlenTrek and could not fault them. Well equipped, great encouragement and support leaves you feeling very safe! Family all loved the Gorge walking and can't wait to do it again. Great value for money.

Visited July 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic Day”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Had a fantastic afternoon gorge walking in Glenesk. The instructors were really friendly and the kit was all supplied for us and in good condition. Lovely scenery and great fun jumping into the rock pools.

Visited June 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Gorge walk”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I heard about and bought the Gorge walk from a deals website who was offering a discount on the day out.
Originally I was really excited for the walk ( I had done something similar in Vancouver!)
In the week coming up to the Gorge the weather was awful and I began hoping the day would get called off.
To my ( later) delight, it wasnt!

Because of the amount of rainfall in the previous days, our day took a slightly different approach than the norm.
It involved much more jumping of rocks into rapids than floating along with them.

The instructors couldnt be faulted,the equipment was of a very high standard and the retreat ( where you got a complimentary hot chocolate) was just lovely.

I would highly recommend this for anyone looking for something a little different and doesn't mind getting a little wet !!

Visited June 2012