“Nice Break in Travel”

Peggy Scotts Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 55 Restaurants in Forfar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This restaurant / cafe is on the A90 Nr.Forfar Scotland. It has been refurbished to a high standard, and a godsend if trawling the A90, which has miles and miles of nowhere as convenient as Peggy Scotts
Reviewed January 22, 2013

As we do from time to time, my wife and i dropped by on Saturday to enjoy a cup of their coffee which is extremely good. As we were going South, I had soup..... Lentil Soup and my wife a Baked Potato. Both had coffee and a buttered roll. The standard is high and cross section of the public visit. Their soup is to die for! Care has to be taken crossing the carriageway if you are going South but worth the effort. The tables are well cleaned and prepared before the next diner. It has come a long way from the little shed and increased in standard. Well recommended.

There are newer reviews for Peggy Scotts Restaurant

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Unpretentious superior stop for breakfast, lunch or coffee on the road to Aberdeen.
Most things are home made, cakes, soups etc. and good value.
We always stop for a cake, bacon roll or a full breakfast if we are really hungry.
More like a giant home kitchen than anything else.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

Having visited here prior to its expansion to a much larger restaurant and grocery/gift shop, i personally preferred the 'old version' of Peggy Scott's. The portions now are very small, cost you more and the quality of the food is not great. On our most recent visit, we ordered baked potatoes with tuna mayonnaise. The potatoes were tiny, together with a small scoop of tuna mayonnaise and a soggy and withered salad made it very appetising - yuk!!! This business is basically taking advantage of travellers and locals alike due to its good location being situated on the A90 and having good parking facilities - pity the food that is served is poor in quality, quantity and value for money. The staff scowl at you and are very unfriendly and this evidently comes across in the food that is served here. Think twice about stopping here on your journey, and as an alternative, go to MacDonalds which is also situated on the A90 at Forfar or go into Forfar itself. I would also like to point out that some of the Peggy Scott's signage on the outside of the building is missing, and has been like this for months now. However, the restaurant is very clean, but unfortunately the food and staff let Peggy Scott's down very badly. My family and I will not be frequenting this restaurant again

2  Thank ModGirl1965
Reviewed December 16, 2012

small portion , big price , wont go back had a very basic meal , there is better
places in the area at a more reasonable price

1  Thank DundeeDave63
Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

On a return journey from Edunburgh my step son and I were tempted by the 'fish and chips' banner.
This place is in a great location with easy parking and that is where the positives stop.
My stepson has some learning difficulties but as a teenager obviously loves any chance to be independent. This gave me an ideal opportunity.
He wanted to go in and order our carry out and I was to stay in the car. Parked pretty close to the door I could keep an eye as he ordered 2 fish suppers and chose 2 cans. Not wanting to disappoint and not having ability to remember lots of detail he- very cleverly I thought - opted to take a quick pic on his phone of the huge juice selection to let me chose.
Straight away he was pounced on by an extremely rude staff member wondering what he was doing. Given no chance to explain he was accused of ' spying' on them for manufacturers!!!!!!!!! Had they been caught before not following merchandising contracts- me thinks so!!!!!
He relayed this story to me as I chose a drink but would not let me go in and speak with them.
When he returned for our food he was treated very poorly with nothing but carcasm.
The food was extremely expensive and absolutely awful. Frozen 2 for 99p quality fish and cheap nasty frozen chips. Lovely!!!! NOT!!!!!!! To the nearest bin it went!!!!
I vowed to contact them to raise my concerns about his treatment by these 2 ladies.
I called them politely the next day to ask how to raise my concerns. Oh my goodness. The staff have obviously never attended the school of customer service. Nor do they obviously have a policy on how to deal with dissatisfied customers.
I spoke with the owners' mother who was aggressive and extremely rude whilst allowing me NO opportunity to express my concerns. She wouldn't give me the owner's name or contact details. How odd. What have they to hide???? All I wanted was an email address - surely better to receive concerns that way than on a public forum like this?????? Hey ho. Their choice!!!!
Give this a major body swerve-you will only be disappointed!!!!!

7  Thank samantha_melrose