Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast
$113
$94
$64
  • Restaurant
Chris Horsburgh's B&B(Forfar)(Great Value!)
$72
One Strathview B&B(Forfar)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Had a quick one night stay and found the place to be just what I needed. Not in the middle of town, but close enought that I drove in two minutes. If I am ever up there again I will stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at Balmashanner...Peter and Marie were very welcoming and hospitable..
Peter gave us a talk about the area.... Beautiful location with fabulous views...

Bedrooms (we had the single - Glamis and large double - Lour) were very comfortable and very clean...we had our breakfast in our room, sitting by the window looking out onto the beautiful scenery...what a start to the day...makes a change not to have to rush downstairs to the dining room and stand in line for food that has been kept warm...

We had the full Scottish breakfast...amazing...all local produce and excellently prepared by
Marie...will give her 5* 's...

Many thanks Peter and Marie for a lovely 2 nights in your beautiful home...
Dianne,Doreen and Judy. (4-6 July 2012)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I needed somewhere to stay overnight while on business. Marie & Vikki were most helpful and welcoming even though booking was last minute. Lovely room and tasty breakfast. Only downside - no en-suite. Bathroom is lovely but had to be shared.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the B&B for a family wedding along with some other family members. I can only say Marie & Vikki went out of their way to be helpful, from offering my sister spare tights to calming us all on the "Big Day" Robert took some photo's and presented me with the first picture of my daughter at breakfast the following morning.The area is truly beautiful, the cooked breakfast excellent but above all the hospitality shown to us all was much appreciated and we look forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: Rooms all south facing. Very peaceful setting
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Travelling on business and after a mad few days, this beautiful spot up in the hills was just what i needed. A nicely decorated room with all that you'd expect for modern accomodation to hand. A superb full english in the morning set me right for the day ahead and after a good nights sleep in this wonderfully quiet location it's defintely worth a visit to recharge your batteries with some stunning views all around. The town is only a short distance away by car so everything you need is really on your doorstep.Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business