“Very welcoming”

Balmashanner Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #9 of 16 Forfar B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 6, 2012

I needed somewhere to stay overnight while on business. Marie & Vikki were most helpful and welcoming even though booking was last minute. Lovely room and tasty breakfast. Only downside - no en-suite. Bathroom is lovely but had to be shared.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed June 8, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the B&B for a family wedding along with some other family members. I can only say Marie & Vikki went out of their way to be helpful, from offering my sister spare tights to calming us all on the "Big Day" Robert took some photo's and presented me with the first picture of my daughter at breakfast the following morning.The area is truly beautiful, the cooked breakfast excellent but above all the hospitality shown to us all was much appreciated and we look forward to a return visit!

Room Tip: Rooms all south facing. Very peaceful setting
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Travelling on business and after a mad few days, this beautiful spot up in the hills was just what i needed. A nicely decorated room with all that you'd expect for modern accomodation to hand. A superb full english in the morning set me right for the day ahead and after a good nights sleep in this wonderfully quiet location it's defintely worth a visit to recharge your batteries with some stunning views all around. The town is only a short distance away by car so everything you need is really on your doorstep.Will certainly visit again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I stayed in the Balmashanner b&b while i was working away from home, my stay was just short of a month and i didnt want to leave! Rob and Marie were very friendly and catered for my every need. I opted for an evening meal rather than breakfast as im up early everyday and I was NOT dissapointed. the food was lovely, home made and very varied, I never had the same meal twice! I'm hoping to back up here soon for another job and i will booking straight back up! Thanks!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 22, 2012

well whats to say spot on b and b with in walking distance of town but you are on top of the hill agreat location bed really cosy and no noisy neighbours got a warm welcome on arrival followed by real mcoy home cooking which was great worked all over country this b and b is hard to beat really enjoyed my stay and will be recomendit to fellow travelers

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My fiance is currently working in Kirriemuir so is staying in the Strathmore room on a long term basis. I have visited him 3 times and always had a warm welcome, even for my boisterous bulldog who comes with me. Breakfast was lovely and the loan of a bathrobe was much appreciated. Great walks in the surrounding area. Recommended!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 17, 2012

I was hoping to book accommodation for some friends visiting and wanted to book all rooms for 2 nights. I phoned and was told they were all available for my dates. I asked if I could see a room and was told they were all occupied. As I live locally I asked them to call me when a room was available for me to see. "We don't do that!" was the reply.
I asked "don't you want my business?" They said "no we don't need it"

(The customer is usually wrong!)

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends