Chapelbank House Hotel & Restaurant
Chapelbank House Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 16 Forfar B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 27, 2013

This was one of the best meals I have ever had and I am no youngster. I had scallops, followed by chicken on a skewer. My son had soup followed by duck. I wish I had taken pictures as they were beautiful to look at as well as delicious to eat. We finished with one of the "Little Indulgences" which are five small desserts (mousse, cranachan etc) from which you can choose one and the ones we had were positively divine. The service was superb, friendly, attentive and helpful without being over the top . I wish I lived nearer as I would go back again and again.
Moira Chaplin, Wiltshire.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed April 26, 2013

A warm welcome and pleasant young lady gave me directions to the car park.... (the easy way)when I eventually found the accommodation which was set back from the main street.
Nice twin room.....although most of us still prefer a double bed when away from home.
I ate in the restaurant surf and turf................OMG fabulous. Chef needs a pay rise LOL.
Breakfast VG ? owners overheard discussing plans for the day.....not a bad thing and good interactions with staff
I was allocated room 3 at back of hotel......rooftop views.....look further...snow topped mountain and so quiet at night. I would love to revisit with my husband.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 21, 2013

My husband and i along with two friends had a meal here. The service was excellent, im a vegetarian and was pleased with the choices on offer. The food was really nice and we will be returning here for a meal in the future.

• Stayed: May 2012
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Hotel room was very warm so turned the electric heater off to cool down, the radiator has thermostatic valves on them which is how we should control the temperature of the hotel room... Unless of course the heating goes off at night when there is no double glazing on the windows! WHY? It was snow outside!
When I woke up at stupid o'clock 4am in the morning and was freezing cold, put the electric heater back on then at 7ish the heating came back on!
It's simple.. I stay in a hotel I expect in winter for it to be heated, I am able to turn the thermo valve to control the temperature, but you must have the heating on for your customers choice of comfort!

Strange ordering breakfast the night before, but was nice!

There is a Premierinn nearby who was cheaper but I prefer to give the smaller hotels a chance... Well they have had their chance and blew me freezing socks off!

The shower was small and old, the plastic on the head had turned cream coloured, it doesn't take much to spruce up a shower room? Does it?

The food in the restaurant was good, a tadge expensive £13.95 for a pork chop, but nicely cooked.

Room Tip: Leave the electric heater on if its cold....
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank DevaDave27
Reviewed February 9, 2013

my daughter and i went here for lunch today what value you for money luvly homemade mushroom soup and steak baguette 7.95 where else could you get such a nice lunch in forfar definetly will go back also staff sooooooo helpful

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2013

We went to Chapel bank with family from England to celebrate my husbands birthday,as it's in walking distance fom our home.
The food,starters AND main courses were excellent,the service speedy with a lovely smiley waiter.
Excellent wine,and presentation first class,well done,great chef-all in great value.
We will return!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Room was clean, comfy and spacious. Bathroom was a bit dark and the shower screen leaked quite a bit. There was no plug by the desk to put the kettle on so either had to unplug tv or take kettle to bedside stand. All in all it was ok but just lacking that bit of ooomph.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business