“very bad spa day - Don't waste your money!!!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel

Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Carnoustie
Cupar, United Kingdom
“very bad spa day - Don't waste your money!!!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013

Was given this spa day as a birthday gift which arrived a week late to begin with, I was advised to arrive at 9.30am on Sunday 7th July 2013 I arrived early, As I had never been to the hotel before explained to the person on reception that I was here for a spa day he hardly took his eyes of the computer and gave me directions to the spa area, On arriving at the Spa area I was surprised to find nobody about and a notice on the door stating that nobody would be available until 10.00am. I went back to the reception and advised them of this and was told to go back and wait that someone would be there soon. I didn't think this was very professional and not much customer care was given. Eventually at 9.40 a member of the spa team came and I was shown the spa area, i was very disappointed in the pool area very shabby and unappealing. I was told that lunch would be served at 12.00 so after using the spa facilities I made my way to the bar where I ws informed lunch would be served. I asked a member of the var staff if I was in the correct place for a spa day lunch and was told to take a table. About 15mins later I was brought a menu due to the lack of staff I was unable to finish my lunch as my spa treatment was booked for 1.15.. I felt the staff where very nattentive its not as if when I entered the dining area that there where lost of other dinners there was only myself and abother couple but it took them an hour to serve a plate of soup and my main dish of dried up chicken on a bed of cous cous.

On a lighter note the spa treament of massages and a facial was very good.

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone and do not think the spa day was value for money.

The hotel management need to listen to customers critism and act accordingly not just e-mail back a standard e-mail. The hotel could do with a refurbishment and better staff training on customer care.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pamelawatson
gordon m, General Manager at Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Pleased to have had the opportunity to communicate directly with you Mrs Watson, and do hope that I can persuade you to return to our Hotel in the future.
I do hope you appreciate that we do take our customes comments seriously and do not 'e mail back standard e mails' to any of our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (349)
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

Spent the weekend at the Carnoustie Golf Hotel for a hen party. the hotel and spa staff were wonderful. They specially requested sun for the weekend and it was there waiting for us.

There were 24 of us and the staff looked after us very well serving us dinner in a private suite and nothing was too much trouble. Well done Morag our event manager. I enjoyed watching the golfers tee off on the 1st hole and coming in on 18th. I had the best ever back massage in the spa and we were only minutes from the beach. Unfortunately we had to leave at the end of the weekend but hopefully I will go back again.

Room Tip: The Armour Suite was wonderful but you have a balcony in the Hogan suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review, delighted you enjoyed your stay and your Spa treatments.
Look out for our Spa offers at bespokehotels.com
Thanks again
Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

Just spent a hen weekend at this hotel had a private suite . We were able to have dinner and party for 24 people in suite. Hotel ,staff & spa were all amazing. Would recommend this hotel for short break .

Room Tip: Ben Hogan suite was amazing lovely surroundings & views
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda S
Thank you for your review.
We had an idea that you had enjoyed yor stay but delighted to have it confirmed!!
Thanks again
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just spent an overnight at this hotel with friends, great deal with Hotel Connextions. We were upgraded to rooms overlooking the 18th hole, breakfast and service was great. Would def recommend this hotel if you can get a deal, no complaints at all.

Room Tip: 234 and 236 overlooking 18th hole.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review.
Delighted that you enjoyed your dtay and hope that you will keep a look out for more great Carnoustie offers from Hotel Connexions.
Mandurah, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2013

Large hotel overlooking the Carnoustie Golf Course. Lovely big room. Tv, hair dryer, tea making, toiletries, lounge chairs and small table, ice maker in corridor, free wifi, free parking, lift, plenty of storage. Breakfast was continental. Cooked breakfast with a surcharge. Big bathroom with bath and good pressure shower. Also right on the beach front. I think there was a pool but I didn't use it. Nice bar area and bar food well priced. Didn't see the menu for the restaurant. Our room had a view of the car park! A view of the golf course would have been lovely. Even so, I would still recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your post. Delighted to learn you enjoyed your visit.
Look out for future offers at bespokehotels.com and I hope we can welcome you back.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights, was extremely disappointed on arrival. The whole hotel is very tired and in need of refurbishment. Furniture, floor coverings, curtains, everything. We had a great view overlooking the first tee and the wooden frame around the window was rotten and looked like the window would fall out!

We ate dinner one night which was very good indeed, no complaints there but breakfast was pretty poor.

Overall, as a previous review stated its living off its name and definitely doesn't deliver anything like the quality you'd expect.

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting a review.
Each of your comments, although disappointing have been noted, thank you.

Travelers are raving about these Carnoustie hotels

Market Drayton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

When we arrived at the hotel after a very long journey we went straight into the bar for a drink. Shocked at how tired the furniture was and the amount of empty glasses left on tables. We had an upgrade to a suite which was lovely and ordered room service. The food was average given the price and not impressed with having to pay £5.00 service charge. Would not visit again.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments, disappointed to read you did not fully enjoy your stay but do hope you will cange your mind and make a return visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnoustie
Corner Hotel
#11 of 18 in St. Andrews
Hotel Du Vin
Hotel Du Vin
#5 of 18 in St. Andrews

Been to Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel? Share your experiences!