“A First rate Golf Course”
Review of Panmure Golf Club

Panmure Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Design influenced by the five times Open Champion and famous course architect James Braid, this traditional 18-hole Championship links course measures 6,360 yards.We are very proud of our traditions, our Clubhouse and, most of all, our Golf Course which combines the best elements of links and heath.With tight fairways, challenging carries and compact, undulating greens, it is admired by visitors from home and overseas. Old Scots pines and sandhills forged by nature give the terrain an enduring quality in keeping with its long history. Hallmarks such as the 'Hogan' hole (the sixth) and the Buddon Burn (the twelfth) conspire to give you a round of golf to remember.Our Clubhouse is one of the finest old golf buildings in Scotland. Its unique and delightful lounges are full of character. Devotees of the history of golf will be interested to know of our origins, borne of the close trading relationship between Dundee and Calcutta in the halcyon days of the Jute Industry. Friendly staff afford a real Scottish welcome and good food and wine will complete your day here.
Reviewed May 28, 2013

This is a quality course with an excellent and historic Clubhouse and extremely friendly staff.
It was so good we played again two days later

1  Thank David D

Reviewed May 27, 2013

This was my first game at Panmure, and was played in a howling gale. However, the wind did not deflect from the enjoyment of what is a pretty and challenging course (I suspect the wind blows often). Clubhouse is a little old-fashioned, and all the better for it. Lovely old building and full of tradition. The staff, particularly Ian, who gave us a tour of the clubhouse before our round, were extremely friendly. Food was what would be expected of a good golf club - plain fare well presented and very reasonably priced. No negatives - except the wind!

2  Thank Derick J
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Two of us played this course on the 19th of this month and I must say it was an experience being my first time on a Links course. The course was in excellent condition and very challenging and I can recommend it heartily. We only played the front 9 as we had to attend a family lunch, but it was not cheap- two of us paid £180.00 for the round including a buggy, but I would do it again.

1  Thank jraill
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Played Panmure last week as one of the four courses in the Carnoustie Country Classic. The course is in excellent condition and the greens are among the best in Scotland. As with all Scotland golf, as the wind changes direction, so changes the course. This was my sixth time at Panmure. Last year the wind was from the north, making the long par 4s on the back nine very difficult. This year the wind was equally strong from the south, such that it was now a challenge not to hit over greens that couldn't be reached last year. The course is easy to find as the impressive clubhouse is visible from the road connecting Carnoustie and Monifieth. It is only a minute drive south of the town of Carnoustie. The 6th hole is named after Ben Hogan, who practiced here before playing and winning the 53 British Open down the road. A very difficult par 4 requiring a precise second shot to an elevated green surrounded by gorse bushes. There are many great golf courses in Scotland, but if your golfing plans involve a visit to Carnoustie, try the neighboring Panmure links as well. You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank jce1031
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I throughly enjoy Panmure, I play it every time I am up around St.Andrews / Dundee on golf trips. It is a good challenge for any level of Golfer, I am off 2 and my dad is off 18, obviously playing different styles of golf, we both find it fun and a great challenge. Watch out for Ben Hogan's favourite hole, the 6th, easy drive, punishing second! brilliant hole.

2  Thank MarcL86