“Absolutely perfect!”
Review of The Station Hotel

The Station Hotel
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My wife and I used to live in Carnoustie many years ago, so when it came to our 35th wedding anniversary we booked dinner and an overnight stay at the Station Hotel. The staff were very pleasant and attentive. The lounge bar has a great selection of beers and spirits. I would particularly recommend "Cameron Brig" as a superb scotch. Our room was very comfy but the main accolade must go to the chef and the fantastic home made steak pie..everything about the place is absolutely charming.... Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 25, 2013

We have seen this hotel on previous visits to Carnoustie and decided last minute to stay here. we managed to book a room on the day and our check in was quick. The room had a bit of sea view and we were not bothered by any noise from rail station. room was big enough and clean although we will book in advance in future for a double room. Breakfast great choice and was lovely great service. Loved our stay and will return again soon. will recommend to family and friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank smokieFalkirk
Reviewed May 10, 2013

we were taken to the restaurant by my father for a meal in April second visit. We had been told about the excellant steak pie on an earlier visit but had not partaken that visit. However this time we didn an we were not disappointed in fact words actually cannot describe how goegeous it was. Piping hot and the beef just melted in our mouths the pastry was crunchy on top deliciously soft underneath and the gravy complemented it perfectly. Cannot wait to go there again. Try for yourselves you will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2013

I had lunch there on 19th April with my sister. I was immediately surprisedto be greeted my a member of staff. We had booked and were taken to our table in the resurant. The menu was extensive and the special were a soup and main course. My sister had the beef olives (the special) I had the scampi. Both were of the highest quality and piping hot. The staff were very informative and service was with a smile.

I will be recommending the StationHotel to my friends. I will also return in the not too distant future.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Just returned from another visit to the Station Hotel. Every bit as good as last time. Very comfortable room, lovely food and friendly staff. Just the ideal hotel for a relaxing break. A great location for touring with regular bus and train sevices if you felt like a break from driving.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2013

My wife Diane and I visited the Station Hotel in Carnoustie after booking by phone a table for lunch for the next day and we arrived to be greeted by a staff member and taken to our seat in the Restaurant . We were made welcome by her and we ordered our usual drinks J2 O and they had them in stock . We were given the menus and told of their Specials that they had for that day and we chose the starters from the main menu (prawn cocktail it was but under a similar name) and then we chose Home made Steak pie and my wife chose Chicken & Ham Pie from the special menu as a change from her usual lunches out at various catering establishments in the Angus Area etc .

The starters and the main courses were excellently presented and delivered with the happy helpful staff member who greeted us initially . The meal was ideal and we would certainly recommend the Station Hotel at Carnoustie to anyone wishing a lunch .

The Carnoustie railway station is nearby and is on the main London -Edinburgh to Aberdeen line but we in the restaurant did not hear any of the traffic and the trains did not affect our meals or anything in the hotel that day or on our previous visits to this catering establishment in Carnoustie ! There are a number of old photographs on the hotel walls showing the building previously or some Railway posters too but they give a good historical picture to look at during the visit to the hotel

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Another job away from home took me to Carnoustie and the office booked me into this charming establishment. As the name suggests it is right next to the town railway station and hence the main East Coast railway to Edinburgh. This means some distant noise as trains thunder by about 100 metres away, but I didn't find it any more distracting than most city center traffic noise. At the back and bordering the railway station is a large parking area. An obvious rear enterance from the car park, leads into the hotel.The welcome from the staff was warm and friendly. The decor of the public areas is not that inspiring, but is typical of this standard of hotel, in my experiance. The room was spotless as was the shower room / toilet. Dinner was had in the hotel restaurant on both evenings of my stay and was superb! A good choice of dishes and sweets. The food quality gave the impression of having been cooked in house. Again, the serving staff were cheerful and efficient, with a can-do attitude. It was leading up to Christmas and all the eating rooms were very busy. Always a good indicator of a good establishment when the locals use it. The breakfast was plentyfull and freshly cooked. If I have cause to go there or my employer sends me to the area again I will gladly stay here again. My only gripe, Communicated to the staff on booking out, was that my room was realy quite cold as was the shower room. The radiators didn't seem to get hot enough. This is a fairly minor point, but sitting on the bed after a couple of nice pints in the bar, watching the tv, was made somewhat uncomfortable by the lack of heat. This despite double glazing and thick curtains. For the record though, outside temperatures were well below zero for that whole week.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank petemob
Also consider these accommodations in or near Carnoustie
Carnoustie Golf Course Hotel
#1 of 3 in Carnoustie
Seaview Guest House
Seaview Guest House
#1 of 8 in Carnoustie

Been to The Station Hotel? Share your experiences!