“...still good, and staff are NOT on their mobiles all the time; they are taking the orders!!”
Review of The Bell Rock

The Bell Rock
Ranked #10 of 61 Restaurants in Arbroath
Cuisines: Pizza, Scottish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Award winning fish & chips served and delivered from 12pm till 10pm. A large diverse menu from fish and chips and Pizza's and everything in between.
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Visited for the 4th time and have to say it is completely consistently good. I dont eat fish and chips much cos usually chips are greasy and soggy...but these were once again great, and lovely fresh fish. they do a really good pot of tea and I also had the "school style" sponge pud and custard...great!
We live in England but I am Scottish and was visiting my dad who lives locally, and my 19 year old son found it really quaint and Scottish...esp. the bread and butter! But he really liked the food and the place. Staff were all attentive and efficient and as I have said in the title it is pretty obvious that the staff are not texting their mates all the time...they are using mobiles to take orders and relay them to the kitchen!!

3  Thank weeherdy
There are newer reviews for The Bell Rock

Reviewed August 24, 2014

Heard this was supposed to quite good.
We had a trip on the Bell Rock Express 11 mile high speed boat trip, brilliant.
Anyway we completed the trip about 1pm and as the restaurant was just across the road thought we would take a chance and see if we could get a table
Although quite full we did and what a fantastic spread.
Soup followed by a choice of battered fish, white pudding, sausage, roast beef, Yorkshire pudding, and more. Dessert was apple crumble, custard, sticky toffee pudding, ice cream.
Lots more and all regularly refreshed
Finally all for 7.50 per head
Staff were excellent

5  Thank john a
Reviewed August 22, 2014 via mobile

After a long walk, I came here with friends for lunch - the atmosphere is so sad, the carpet is stained, the toilets are unpleasant and the waitresses need training in hospitality. I left feeling depressed. I hope the restaurant can afford a makeover in style and substance, as the location by the sea is great.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

Well for a family of 4 fish and chips was a nice change. Prices were good and it has an alcohol permit. I tried the masala fish and loved it. Along with the bread and butter and big portions, left full and happy.

2  Thank Peepers75
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The bell rock takeaway is a great place to get a fish supper, burger or hot dog! The menu is vast and although you have to wait a while it's worth it for the freshness! Delicious and good quality produce.

1  Thank Shagues