“Wife Birthday” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Peterhead
Inverness
“Wife Birthday”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

stay here on the 8 june 2013 in one of there Executive Room, room was ok but the sink had a big crack in it reported to the front desk was ask if we would like a other room but just stay where we were as was only for one night, the hotel could do with refurbishment all over, the dinner at night was good, after staying in a great hotel the night before it was a big comedown, I would not recommend this hotel in its present condition but if done up who knows

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The staff were rather useless, hotel and all the rooms I stayed in for the 6-8 weeks I was there were very dated 60's-70's decor poor tv selection 4 channels morst of the time. Hot water was always a problem too. I would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Peterhead hotels

Lanark, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Looks like it could do with refurbishment in both the main areas & rooms. Areas could do with a better clean and if it was my furniture it would have been in the skip. Staff were good, however over both nights ordered food and either brought late or wrong. Menu is not big & if fussy eater like me, not a lot of choice.

May stay again if I got a reasonable rate but at over £110.00 per night would opt for another hotel.

Room Tip: Stayed in 117, on ground floor & I like to leave window open but due to not being able to make r...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

I was booked in here by my company after a trip offshore. I'm glad they paid, as I would have asked for a refund. I was put up in the lodge apartments, and they were pretty run down and showing their age.

The over-bath shower didn't work, there was no phone in the room for a wake up call, and a pet hate of mine, there was no free wifi anywhere in the hotel.

I seems like they rely on transiting offshore workers for a majority of their clientele, so keep everything as basic as possible.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shaunthediver
Cumbernauld, Scotland, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

My first time in Perterhead Waterside we stayed in an upgraded room the rooms and the hotel is a bit dated but the staff very welcoming and the Manager said the hotel is due upgrading I enjoyed the pool and gym If your looking for a quiet break or on buisness I would recommend it

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
lanark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Having stayed here on previous occasions and found it to be good value for money. We decided to take our grandchildren with us for the weekend. No problem with booking as we always use Easybreaks for booking. Could not understand how someone found it expensive as we had a family room and even taking into account the little extra charged for the children this was under £100 per night for the four of us DBB the children having the choice of the adult menu smaller portion or the children's menu. Both children were satisfied Although the down side was dinner was not served until 7pm and at 8pm with us still waiting on the main course the five year old was almost asleep and too tired to eat. The waitress however did sort out a roll and sweet to be eaten back at the room. The children enjoyed the use of the pool twice daily and added to the fact that the weather was very good they have requested that we take them back sometime.
However I would add that on this occasion we did not find as many people dinning as usual and Hilda who I think is the restaurant manageress was not on duty. We have always found her to be most helpful and she was one of the reasons we felt it would be fine for the children.
Our room also contained slippers and dressing gowns as it was booked as a spa break and we had a free bottle of wine and fudge/tablet. There was no problem with having the wine chilled and served at dinner.
Maybe over the years the hotel has reached the position where it requires upgrading but our room was clean and well serviced . Therefore I can only say that we still found this to be good value. Although I understand that things may change under the Britannia ownership.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Glasgow,
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I have not stayed at the Waterside for several years and could not believe how poor this has become. The general environment/public areas are in total decay. The staff could not be more unhelpful if they tried.
I was not planning to be in the area but had to stay overnight in Peterhead due to a work commitment and this was the only hotel I could book as it was the only one with rooms available - now I see why.
The room was depressingly bad, small and in bad need of decoration and just miserable to be in.
Dining room closed that night at 8.30pm so had to get back in the car and drive in to Peterhead to find something to eat. On reflection it was just as well - I had breakfast the next morning and the hot buffet was atrocious so I probably dodged a bullet there the night before.
When reviewing hotels or places of interest for Trip Advisor I always try to provide some balance and say good things as well as critical things but for this hotel it is a real struggle.
The location is lovely out on the edge of town, quiet and peaceful and the view from the main dining room/breakfast room is really nice but the rest of the place is beyond awful.
I had no choice the night I stayed there as everywhere north of Aberdeen was fully booked except the Waterside but I will not be hurrying back - it really was that bad.

Room Tip: Not sure there are any decent rooms - the one I was in was really poor - this is a hotel that is in...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank sweetville
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterhead
Buchan Braes Hotel
Tufted Duck Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Combs
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cruden Bay (Port Erroll)
The Saltoun Inn
The Saltoun Inn
#2 of 18 in Fraserburgh

Been to Britannia Waterside Hotel? Share your experiences!