I remember staying at this hotel over 20 years ago and it was a wonderful hotel. Stayed here a couple of times in the last 18 months or so. The hotel is OK but getting pretty tired now. Reception is welcoming, clean, friendly reception staff. My room (204) is very dated. It was comfortable and clean but basic and could DEFINITELY do with a makeover. The headboard on the bed looked pretty grotty and there were scuff marks over the walls. The food in the restaurant was very good and tasty. Service for meal was fast but there was only one person on at the bar so there was a bit of a wait to get served. Overall this could be a great hotel if some money was spent on refurbishing. As it stands just now, I would book the hotel again but wouldn't be my first choice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Waterside Hotel is a purpose built hotel situated on the north east coast of Scotland, in one of the major fishing ports - Peterhead. Set in its own widespread gardens on the banks of the estuary of the River Ugie, the hotel offers breathtaking scenery and is conveniently located for Trump International Golf Links. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Britannia Waterside Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Swallow Waterside Hotel Peterhead
- Waterside Inn Peterhead
- Swallow Waterside Peterhead
- Britannia Waterside Hotel Peterhead, Scotland