“Nice hotel”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Peterhead
Scotland
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Warm welcom on reception and very frieldy and helpful staff.
Good reception area.
Excellent restaurant.
Lovely room, plenty spacious and a nice en-suite.
Intermittent wifi was promptly resolved.
Will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank mckaykarenj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Carnoustie, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding, the staff were very friendly and we were able to check in and get ready for the day with plenty of time which was great. The meal was lovely and the day went past without a hitch, the breakfast was delicious and the room we had was very well equipt and decorated beautifully, if I was ever visiting the area again I would be sure to stay here.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Ellon
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was very impressed by the general decor and layout. Reason for attending this time was for a social function with the Ythan Fiddlers. The evening dinner was excellent and the general atmosphere created by the staff and guests was first class. A very enjoyable ceilidh was enjoyed by all in one of the excellent function rooms. This is clearly a hotel that can offer good facilities for any number of functions. I would like to return and enjoy a stay at the hotel..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was my first trip to Peterhead and initially I was placed in another hotel by the travel management compasny as the Buchan Braes was full, or so they told me. I emailed the hotel direct and to my surprise they emailed back immediately to say they had some availibility and that they would put me on a reserve list for my first night. Within 24 hours they came back to me to advise that they could accommodate me for my full stay and the booking was made.

On arrival I was upgraded to a suite, which didnt disappoint. The rooms are spotlessly clean, have independent heating controls and have large flatscreen TVs as well as FREE wi-fi throughout. Everything needed for my business trip.

On the first evening I ate in the Grill Room and I must say the food was outstanding so much so I even had a dessert. On the second evening I ate in the bar lounge area and this too was excellent. Breakfast had a great selection of both hot and cold with food cooked to order, no buffet breakfast here.

The hotel is a bit out of the way, so if you want to be in town its probably not for you but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and I can not recommend it enough. I look forward to returning on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ayeup
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 2, 2012

First time staying at the Buchan Braes Hotel, from the quick check in until morning departure the service and quality of the hotel was excellent. Given an upgrade to suite because hotel was so busy.
Evening meal offered a good selection of local meat and seafood courses, then a relaxing drink at the bar to finish off with. Breakfast cooked fresh on order.
Will definetely stay here on next trip to Peterhead.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a good size and very comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect, the hotel is rather strangely situated next to an old Air Force station, however the friendly welcome and attentive staff were very welcoming. I didn't eat at the hotel in the evening, but the breakfast was excellent and cooked to order, no dried scrambled egg here. It was very good.

From a business perspective, it has free wifi, so many hotels charge for this service, that its nice when it is offered for free.

• Stayed November 2012
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We had our wedding here back in October an I can honestly say I wouldn't have changed a thing! From first meeting until the day itself nothing was too much bother and we were able to relax! The meal was fantastic and our room was great! So comfortable, clean and we were impressed! The staff are second to none and we would recommend the place to anyone and everyone! X

• Stayed October 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterhead
Printworks
#3 of 7 in Peterhead
Saplinbrae Hotel & Lodges
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cruden Bay (Port Erroll)
Tufted Duck Hotel
Tufted Duck Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Combs
Rocksley Inn Hotel
Rocksley Inn Hotel
#1 of 15 in Peterhead

Been to Buchan Braes Hotel? Share your experiences!