“Quality hotel” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Peterhead
Ellon
“Quality hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2012

This was my first visit to this hotel and I was very impressed by the general decor and layout. Reason for attending this time was for a social function with the Ythan Fiddlers. The evening dinner was excellent and the general atmosphere created by the staff and guests was first class. A very enjoyable ceilidh was enjoyed by all in one of the excellent function rooms. This is clearly a hotel that can offer good facilities for any number of functions. I would like to return and enjoy a stay at the hotel..

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Gloucester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2012

This was my first trip to Peterhead and initially I was placed in another hotel by the travel management compasny as the Buchan Braes was full, or so they told me. I emailed the hotel direct and to my surprise they emailed back immediately to say they had some availibility and that they would put me on a reserve list for my first night. Within 24 hours they came back to me to advise that they could accommodate me for my full stay and the booking was made.

On arrival I was upgraded to a suite, which didnt disappoint. The rooms are spotlessly clean, have independent heating controls and have large flatscreen TVs as well as FREE wi-fi throughout. Everything needed for my business trip.

On the first evening I ate in the Grill Room and I must say the food was outstanding so much so I even had a dessert. On the second evening I ate in the bar lounge area and this too was excellent. Breakfast had a great selection of both hot and cold with food cooked to order, no buffet breakfast here.

The hotel is a bit out of the way, so if you want to be in town its probably not for you but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and I can not recommend it enough. I look forward to returning on my next trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Ayeup
Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2012

First time staying at the Buchan Braes Hotel, from the quick check in until morning departure the service and quality of the hotel was excellent. Given an upgrade to suite because hotel was so busy.
Evening meal offered a good selection of local meat and seafood courses, then a relaxing drink at the bar to finish off with. Breakfast cooked fresh on order.
Will definetely stay here on next trip to Peterhead.

Room Tip: All rooms are of a good size and very comfortable.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Wasn't sure what to expect, the hotel is rather strangely situated next to an old Air Force station, however the friendly welcome and attentive staff were very welcoming. I didn't eat at the hotel in the evening, but the breakfast was excellent and cooked to order, no dried scrambled egg here. It was very good.

From a business perspective, it has free wifi, so many hotels charge for this service, that its nice when it is offered for free.

• Stayed November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 26, 2012 via mobile

We had our wedding here back in October an I can honestly say I wouldn't have changed a thing! From first meeting until the day itself nothing was too much bother and we were able to relax! The meal was fantastic and our room was great! So comfortable, clean and we were impressed! The staff are second to none and we would recommend the place to anyone and everyone! X

• Stayed October 2012
Menasha, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 5 days in November as part of a Scotland hunting trip. Excellent accommodations and contrary to popular opinion the food was outstanding. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The bar was also excellent for light food or drinks.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Darlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Travelling as a group of 7 we stayed at this hotel for a wedding. A little concerned that due to the time of the wedding we would not be able to check in untill after the ceremony which was no good as we needed somewhere to get ready, a quick phone call to the hotel put our minds at ease and we were able to have an early check in. All the staff were very helpful throughout our stay. The room was a good size, nice comfy bed and the bathroom was a decent size too with a big shower.
I know the food will of been different to the restaurant because we were at the wedding but the standard was great considering the number of guests that were there. Excellent food and hot!! Breakfast was good too, great choice and if you wanted a cooked breakfast it was cooked to order.

The outside does not look very nice but do not let this put you off. You would think it was two different places once you have been inside.

All in all we would stay here again and would reccommend the hotel to anyone!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank J0T86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterhead
Printworks
#3 of 7 in Peterhead
Saplinbrae Hotel & Lodges
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
Kilmarnock Arms Hotel
#1 of 1 in Cruden Bay (Port Erroll)
Tufted Duck Hotel
Tufted Duck Hotel
#1 of 1 in St Combs
Seaview Hotel
Seaview Hotel
#1 of 1 in Boddam

Been to Buchan Braes Hotel? Share your experiences!