“excellent food, give it a try!”
Review of Ban-Car Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fraserburgh
Ban-Car Hotel
Ranked #3 of 16 Fraserburgh B&B and Inns
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
“excellent food, give it a try!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Been here many times, always had excellent service, the food is always fresh and theres plenty of it! My daughter even asked for one of their specials that wasn't on the menu that day and they kindly accommodated her! My hubby nearly always has their Beefsteak pie which he says is the best he's found while eating out so far. I am very surprised that the Ban-car has a couple of poor reviews on here - if you do experience something wrong or to your dissatisfaction then let the staff know - they are really helpful. We are fairly regular visitors so we know the place pretty well.
Our daughter got married there in 2011 and we had a fantastic day and night. Tina, David and staff could not have been more helpful. We stayed over too and loved the rooms, clean and comfy, well equipped. We had guests from England and they said they had a brilliant time and were shown Scottish hospitality at its best.
Will definitely be back to fill our hungry tummies!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My wife and myself ate there yesterday 4th sept 2013 in the bar and the food is really bad, i opted for roast chicken but it was not roasted chicken, it was just a fillet from a pack , terrible gravy, and deep fried whole potatoes, if Macdonalds were going to do roast chicken this is what i would expect, what i was served was not what it says on the menu !!! , as for my wife's pasta ribbons with mushroom and sausages it was worse than mine, well overcooked ribbons, cheap supermarket sausages and mushrooms cooked in garlic and butter, disgusting stuff i have to say having tasted it, stayed in the area for 10 years and this was the first and last time we will stop there, i must add that the oatmeal stuffing/skirlie was just fine. wish i had taken a picture of my meal to show you all.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Canvey Island
Reviewed July 19, 2013

It's been many years since we last stayed at the Ban-Car. In those days we looked upon it as a pub with accommodation, but still a nice place to stay. Since then things have changed and it has become a hotel which has a bar.
My own impression of the bar area is that it is a bit gloomy, but don't let that fool you because behind that is a very nice restaurant and breakfast room for those that are staying at the hotel.
Talking of staying, the accommodation is first class. The upstairs was equal to a first rate hotel with the rooms a nice size and very comfortable. I do agree with an earlier writer that the wi-fi was a bit hit and miss in the room but better either on the landing or in the lounge, but that is just a minor point.
The Ban-Car is on a main road and can be noisy at times, but this is largely at rush hour times and doesn't really create too much of a problem.
The food was excellent. We ate there both at breakfast time and in the evening and were pleased with everything we had to eat. As a recommendation, the two sets of relatives we were meeting for a drink one evening both decided to eat there beforehand so that speaks volumes if the locals eat there from choice.
I also gather that the Sunday carvery and the Christmas/New Year functions are sell outs with the locals and if the locals go it must be good.
Overall an excellent stay and just the place to stay on our next visit.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed here for 6 days on a golfing trip and found the Ban-Car to be a fine, enjoyable hotel with a good restaurant and a friendly, helpful staff. The owner was on holiday but her dad was filling in and proved to be a natural in the hospitality business. When the power went out due to a farmer or someone cutting an underground cable, Doug, the owner's dad, was making sure we all were informed, supplied us all with torches (flashlights to us Americans), and did a fine job dealing with the emergency. The restaurant was fine and the breakfast was typical delicious Scottish style with excellent Stornoway black pudding. I was in room 16 which was new and was just as nice as any 5 star hotel.

I highly recommend this for either a short term or long term stay. It's second to none!

Room Tip: Room 16, while well appointed did not have a strong Wi-Fi connection. However, standing outside the...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2013

Im surprised to see any "poor" ratings for the food. We have eaten there several times and always thought it was really good at sensible prices. It has one of the best reputations in the area and as some reviews have said it is always busy and that is because it is popular with the locals. Its a small rural hotel/pub and if you want to be sure you can have a table you do need to book in advance.
We have also stayed at the hotel and found the rooms to be in excellent condition, well decorated and roomy. Breakfast is also of a high standard.
The owners are also very helpful people and will do whatever is necessary for you to have a good stay.
Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I was visiting my cousins who live in nearby Crimond & Peterhead. Since I'm from the US, I always want really good fish & chips at least once. The restaurant in the Ban-Car Hotel is very good but my elderly cousin doesn't like to eat out anymore. Even though the restaurant doesn't normally do take-away (take out), they accomodated our request and we enjoyed a wonderful Fish & Chips dinner in my cousins home.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Fraserburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had a really ggod lunch here and very good service. Somewhere to make a point of stopping and we found it really homely with good fresh food.I hadnt been there for ages .. had my sons 21st birthday meal there about 8 yrs ago and my fortieth birthday party too many years ago to remember but going in again was good to see nothing had changed . The service and food was very good and a great place to have close by. If you are visiting give it a try.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phil M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fraserburgh
Tufted Duck Hotel
#2 of 16 in Fraserburgh
The Davron Hotel
The Davron Hotel
#1 of 3 in Rosehearty

Been to Ban-Car Hotel? Share your experiences!