“Consistently high standards!”

Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed dinner with friends in the conservatory area. Service was efficient and friendly, and the food was very good as always.

My only complaint would be the 'Chicken Balmoral', stuffed with white pudding according to the menu. My impression of it was that the stuffing was in fact haggis, something that I'd never have chosen. Shame as this was the only thing letting it down.

There are newer reviews for Cults Hotel Restaurant

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Early evening supper with wife and friend. Just as well to beat the sat evening rush but easily seen why so busy. Excellent food and service and reasonably priced. . Not something I eat but from spouse "liver, bacon &*onions" just brilliant. Highly recommended..

Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

I've visited this hotel restaurant many times over the past 3 or so years and it's never dissapointed.

The food is of top quality & you get plenty of it. The menu is great, plenty choice & the staff are all very nice - also looking the part in the Cults hotel green jacket uniforms.

I usually try and get a table in the conservatory area of the dining room as its got large floor to ceiling windows all round, moody-dim lighting and has a great atmosphere for an evening meal looking out onto the street.

I would highly reccomend this hotel restaurant of you're in the area.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I have eaten here several times and it has always been good, but on visiting on Sunday was left very disappointed. Our group of 4 all opted for the carvery but were very surprised by the poor quality of the beef and lamb served as it was very fatty, tough and a bit tasteless and not of the standard expected for the price we were paying. My rating would have been lower, but luckily the accompaniments served with it were quite good.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

Whilst on a recent visit to one of our favourite places to eat, we left feeling somewhat disappointed. The poor service & lack of attention from the waiting staff was frustrating & by the end of our meal became tiresome & annoying.
We had to ask for everything whilst they stood & chatted amongst themselves, which also made us feel uncomfortable.
As always my wife ordered the chicken cranachan @ £14.75 lacked the usual quantity of sauce to which she is used to. We felt uneasy to ask the aforementioned waiting staff for extra sauce to accompany her meal & at no time during our visit were we asked if we needed anything or if everything was ok. We pointed this out when we had finished our meal with a response of "We'll you finished it" from the young waiting staff member, who clearly lacked any customer training. I pointed out to him that at £14.75 for chicken in a sauce with oatmeal & cheese, we were hardly going to leave it!! to his silent response.
I am sure the management will be surprised with how poor our service was but clearly here was lack of supervision on this sunday evening.