“Perfect for groups”
Review of The Stage Door Restaurant - CLOSED

The Stage Door Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse, Scottish, Grill
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We are a group of 12 to 17 people that have an annual trip to Aberdeen and have done so for 19 year in a row. We always try to find some good reataurants in and around Aberdeen and have had some really good experiences. But, we always tend to return to The Stage Door restaurant. We know that it is "banker" and we always are pleased with the food and service.
The restaurant is located in an old theatre and with plenty of space are perfect for groups.

There are newer reviews for The Stage Door Restaurant

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Went to the stage door on Saturday evening it was my birthday and retirement party with 18 friends from work, as always food was excellent we had the large party menu 3 courses for £27 excellent value. The food was tasty and well presented. Staff were excellent and drinks and food were served with a smile. The restaurant was very busy and we had a great time . We have been going to this restaurant for many years and are always happy with food and service. As I am getting older the stairs up to this restaurant are a challenge and I never asked if there was a lift but I would think so. There is parking outside the restaurant and it is quite easy to get picked up or dropped off.

1  Thank maryec c
Reviewed January 28, 2013

I've eaten at The Stage Door 3 or 4 times now and make it a priority to eat there when ever I'm visiting Aberdeen. Staff are very friendly and courteous, they are also well informed about the dishes and wines on offer and work efficiently to make the meal a success.
Food has been very good on every visit - a little disappointed on my most recent visit that the ribeye on the bone wasn't available as this is usually excellent and probably my favourite. However, the other options were also very good.
Would happily recommend this restaurant to all.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We had eaten here previously but it was the pre theatre menu. This time we ate off the full menu and it was exceptional. Everything from walking in the door to leaving was flawless. Food, service and staff were all exceptional. I can not recommend it highly enough.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have reviewed The Stage Door previously as it's one of my favourite restaurants in Aberdeen city. I was not disappointed on my most recent visit last Saturday when my sister was visiting from London. As always the staff were super friendly, efficient, and knowledgeable. Even though the restaurant was busy and we hadn't booked a table one was found for us quickly. I had ham hock terrine and beef bourguignon with horseradish dumplings - absoutely delicious. My sister decided to try the fritto misto from the steak out menu. With king prawns, scallops, and calamari all cooked perfectly there was no way she was going to let me try any! She opted for the turbot for main and really enjoyed that too. The new menu is extensive but reasonably priced with something to suit everyones tastes and budget. The Stage Door is the Malborough sauvignon blanc of the restaurant world - you just can't go wrong.