“Most Enjoyable”

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Most Enjoyable”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

I met with my colleagues last night and luckily I got to choose where we went so as Ciao Napoli is one of my favourite restaurants in Aberdeen we went there. The food was its usual delicious standard and the service was very good. I would highly recommend.

1 Thank Sylvia M
peppenino, Manager at Ciao Napoli, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind review we are very delight that you enjoyed the experience at Ciao Napoli.

Inverurie, Scotland, United Kingdom
“Ciao Napoli”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

My wife and I bought a meal for 2 from Groupon, I made the criminal mistake of not printing off the entire voucher but only the email (as it said to do). Quite rightly the manager could not take this and advised us that our voucher was not valid and any meal would be full price. Unfortunately he announced this in full earshot of at least 2 other couples to our embarrassment. When challenged about this (in a quiet corner by us) the manager plainly did not see the issue and was quite rude to us.

Basically can not rate or judge the food but the service was dreadful.

We did offer to pay for our drink and starter but he declined. We did not expect a "freebie" just decent service.

4 Thank Darren R
peppenino, General Manager at Ciao Napoli, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
We are very sorry for the misunderstanding and any embarrassment caused with regards to your groupon voucher on your recent visit to our restaurant. We can only apologise if this was not explained clearly or discreetly enough. The complimentary drinks and starters were offered as a good will gesture for the inconvenience caused and was not meant to offend.
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
“Fantastic”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I was with my colleagues to “Ciao Napoli” for the second time last week, and I came back to make a new review. Last time was fantastic and this is why I came back, but this time was more than fantastic. We order some Italian plates like starter and for main course the specialty of the day, a plate with different types of fish. Believe me all the food was fantastic. For desert I take a tiramisu that was very good. We take also some bottles of vines that ware more than good. I will give a 9/10 to this restaurant with the remark that I will come back also next time. Guys all the best.

peppenino, Manager at Ciao Napoli, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Stoke on Trent
“Italian in Aberdeen - you can do better!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Food is ok, staff are friendly and efficient enough, ambiance is adequate, reasonable value for money; as you can see there is nothing wrong with this resaurant but there is also little to recommend it. Other Italian restaurants in Aberdeeen that rate higher than this one, do so because they have such a greater impact - but it is ok.

• Visited January 2013
peppenino, Owner at Ciao Napoli, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Thank you for you feed back. Also if is a bit unclear. if you can explain how we can do better we are happy to listen our customer.
kind regard
N lepre
Aberdeen, Scotland
“Less than pleasant”
Reviewed January 26, 2013

I will start this review by saying that I have been to this restaurant before and have been very very happy with the food. However, last night was not the case - also, nothing really seemed to come without pasta i.e. previously I have had the monk fish and prawn skewers, now it's been changed to monk fish and prawn skewer on linguini. So if you're trying to avoid/reduce carbs don't go - I know that sounds crazy because it's Italian but normally there is pasta then separate dishes. Overall I found the food to be greasy, my friend had carbonara and at the bottom it was swimming in grease - but the best was a huge screw in my other friends mussels. The waiter apologised and said what else can I say!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Someone else came out of the kitchen and said the screw had came from the handle of the pan....................

We got 2 bottle of wine on the house but I won't be back.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank gillybean72
peppenino, Manager at Ciao Napoli, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
i am really sorry what happen to you friend, i spoke to the chef who had a warning we gave 2 bottle of pinot grigio to apologise, plus a round of limoncello. about the prawns and the monkfish is always be served with linguine. in am italian restaurant the pasta is the main meal and not a side dish. however a lots people ask without pasta, which we are very happy to serve, just need to be ask. i am apologise again for what happen your friend. but on the night no one take attention about the greasy carbonara ( which is a rich dish) we are invite you at ciao napoli . giving you the best service we reserve to our customer.
kind regard