“Lovely Meal”

The Bieldside
Ranked #161 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Scottish, British, Bar, Gastropub
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated to the west of Aberdeen, but within the City limits, The Bieldside Inn offers various areas of relaxation and dining space to suit your mood including the lounge bar, the restaurant and the outdoor balcony. During the warmer months the restaurant expands on to the balcony for an inside/outside dining experience. "The Bielder" has built and maintained a reputation for high levels of service and delicious, quality food menus, why not come down and see for yourself?
Reviewed May 2, 2014

I dropped by here for lunch today with my friend. It's a long time since I last visited and it had certainly changed a lot! We were greeted by a member of staff and shown to our table. Drinks were served very quickly and we studied the menu. At first glance we thought it was a little pricey but when the meal arrived we understood why. It was beautiful food, beautifully presented, cooked to perfection. The staff were pleasant and attentive but never bothersome. I plan to go back very soon!

1  Thank Podret
There are newer reviews for The Bieldside

Reviewed April 22, 2014

We had lunch at the "New" Bieldside yesterday and were very dissapointed. The New owners have ruined what was a reliable lunch stop for us while visiting Aberdeen.
The staff were difficult to understand, there appeared to be (the manager) a older gent with a lot of self importance stomping around talking on his mobile...rather loudly, and looking at his reflection, all very strange.
My wife had a ham and cheese toasty £9.00 ++ and I had what was supposed to be a Cajun chicken sandwich thing, that tasted nothing like any Cajun anything I have ever had, terrible with a funky taste.
So two sandwiches a regular coffee and a lime/lemonade £28.00 !!
The food was shocking , and a rip off, and please put the show pony manager away in the office or something.
There were maybe 6 in for lunch including us, maybe the locals know better?
Never again.

1  Thank row62
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Stopped in past the Bieldside Inn for supper after visiting family, it was quite busy and we were advised we could only have table in restaurant till 8, this was find by us. Food looked and tasted amazing, must try the chicken skewers with coriander salad. Surroundings quite trendy and very comfortably, reasonably priced for the area. Only gripe was the waitress removed our glasses while I was still eating, I purposely leave some of my drink for after my meal, I should have said at the time but I was taken by surprise.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

The Bieldside Inn has changed hands several times in the past few years, I believe. I was very impressed by its current incarnation. The service was great, the food incredibly fresh, well prepared and reasonable in price, and the wine and drinks are not overpriced, either! It was a lovely, relaxed atmosphere and I would recommend it for family get-togethers,o

1  Thank Barbara F
Reviewed March 20, 2014

The staff were inattentive and we had to ask several times for our drinks, when we finally caught the attention of the staff. We then waited 45 mins for 3 starters (there were 8of us), which were borderine disgusting. When we asked the manager how long the main would be, she rudely responded that it had been 12 min since our starters. We had elderly relatives with us, she said we should have asked for their meals to come with the starters, but without my ability to know how long three starters could possibly take, her comment was totally pointless.
When the mains finally arrived, 5of the 8 were cold. We sent them back but I should have asked not to bring mine back. The gluten free menu is horrible, just the same meals as usual but with out chips, or sauce. This is the second time we have had a bad meal, and the second time the management has been very rude to us. We will not be going back, and suggest others do not waste their time or money doing so.

4  Thank GN31