“lovely”

Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
“lovely”
Reviewed August 1, 2014

had a lovely meal for valentines day with my boyfriend! food and service excellent! defo going back for another meal.

• Visited February 2014

• Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Still Aberdeen's Best Restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Many excellent restaurants continue to open in and around Aberdeen, but never in my opinion do they seem to wrestle the mantle of the North-Easts finest restaurant.

Whether it's a family celebration, a romantic meal for 2, or a business lunch/dinner, look no further.
Quality of food and service is second to none, portions are more than adequate, prices are reasonable, and the ambience within the restaurant is great.

For those visiting Aberdeen you must try here.
For those in Aberdeen who haven't been you too must try here.

10/10

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Taking The Duchess for Dinner”
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I have never been to the restaurant before and was pleasantly surprised. We were warmly greeted and the waitress was hovering, ready to help with our elderly companion who struggles walking. A table near the entrance was quickly opened to us as apparently our booked table was too far. Thank you for that!
Excellent starters of cheese pastries, halloumi cheese and the best calamari we've eaten in a long time. Mains of Monkfish Medallions with tomato and mozzarella served on herbed cous cous was just really good. Friends had the sea bass and lamb cutlets and really enjoyed them. Only one dessert ordered for The Duchess. Mint chocolate and Hazlenut ice-cream which was deemed far to generous a portion for her to finish, was polished off in no time. Coffees and liqueurs and the last of the wine had to be finished outside as our table was needed for the next sitting. Shame it was bloody baltic and not very comfortable last night.
This restaurant was fully booked on a Wednesday evening. They have two menus - one being an early bird special. Most diners were choosing from the main menu.
Great food, great service. Why have I never been before????

• Visited July 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Posh Turkish Nosh”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Sorry about my review title - but I could not think of a better description. The Rendesvous (not to be mixed up with the Nargile on Skeane Street) offers a comprehensive up-market selection of Turkish and Eastern Mediterannean meat, fish and vegeterian choices. The selection of Meze is extensive and excellent quality. You could spend your visit just grazing on these. My personal favourites are the Sujuk and Kizartma offerings. I tend to go for the meat main course dishes - the venison is excellent. For those less adventurous I can recommend the lamb kebab choices. The wine selection is limited, but good. The restaurant is busy during the week, particularly wWednesday through Saturday. Advanced booking is advised.

• Visited February 2014
“First visit and will be back!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

I took my other half here for his birthday the other day. We had already visited Nargile but heard good things about Rendezvous Nargile and thought we would give it a go. The service was excellent- attentive but not always in your face, and this was on a busy bight with many small tables and two large groups. We had the meze starters and the iskender and kuzu lamb chops for mains. The food was excellent and the portion sizes were very large! We also really enjoyed the lebanese wine. I thought that the price was very good for what you got. I remember last year's birthday meal elsewhere cost at least double what I paid at rendezvous and wasn't nearly as exciting. Made us feel like we were back in Turkey. Thank you for the lovely evening; we will be back for sure!

1 Thank ashleygaidhlig