“honey chilli beef is a must try! will definitely be returning”

Yangtze River Chinese Restaurant
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I came here on a Monday evening with my sister. My first impression was how friendly the staff were and I like the décor too, traditional Chinese. We both had the Crisp Wan Ton for a starter which was lovely along with a nice sauce. My sister had the honey chilli beef which was absolutely delicious! I had the chicken curry. I can be quite fussy with a curry sauce but this was lovely. I’ll definitely be more adventurous next time. The only thing that let it down was the quality of the chicken. I think you can find this with a lot of chinese restaurants though. All in all a really nice restaurant and I was very impressed. I’ll definitely be returning next time I fancy a Chinese!

1  Thank gemmxx

Reviewed February 22, 2013

It is hard to find a good Chinese restaurant to visit in Aberdeen but I would choose this over the rest. Having had bad experiences in the past with Manchurian, I feel Yangtze is the lesser of two evils! The food may not be 100% (sometimes lukewarm and/or too salty) but I do not discover weird things in my food (check out my review on Manchurian to understand).

The décor could benefit from a little make-over, in particular the bathrooms, but the food will fill you up for the whole day. (Not too sure if that is a good or bad thing...) Place is worth a try!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

On a weekend away we decided to try it for a family meal. We were rather disappointed. Felt a definite disappointment that we'd wasted both calories and a lot of cash on a very dull, bland meal. Service wasnt amazing either - order was wrong twice. Nothing terrible or bad - just dull, bland and disappointing.

1  Thank nicola g
Reviewed January 15, 2013

It offered really good food, service was very good. highly recommended for anyone craving chinese food!

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Visited this restaurant while just passing by and never been in before. What a great surprise! Lovely staff, very friendly. Food was amazing! We had a sharing starter followed by kung po chicken and sweet and sour chicken. So tasty but we couldn't finish our meal. Staff were kind enough to wrap the leftovers for us to take home.
Great place and will definitely return :-)
(£48 for two inc 2 Chinese beers each)