“Excellent Food”

Howies Aberdeen
Ranked #45 of 724 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Scottish, British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Refurbished January 2015. Great fresh seasonal food prepared to order. 2 Large dining areas and 2 Private Dining rooms. Set prices & a la carte. Central Aberdeen. Informal, great value, well established. Excellent wine list. Whether a small intimate dinner for two, business lunch for 12 or a wedding party Howies is the perfect venue.
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Went into Howies for a evening meal this is a traditional Scottish Restaurant with a set menu and a special board it serves a very good choice of Wine i had Chicken breast in Whiskey sauce Mashed tatty and haggis with neeps followed by Cheese Board with Port,Excellent Service and would go back Next time in Aberdeen

1  Thank bogmalobobby
HowiesRestaurants, Owner at Howies Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

What a great review. Thank you so much. We are delighted you enjoyed your meal so much and are planning on coming back on your next trip to Aberdeen. Until then. Cheers from the Howies team.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I booked in just under a 100 people for our Christmas Lunch in 2012 and the Howies team were amazing. No one wanted for anything, they were polite, friendly and very professional. The food was outstanding and no one complained to me about anything which can be hard to achieve when you have just under a 100 people.
Thanks Howies it was a great day.

HowiesRestaurants, Owner at Howies Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

To receive such a great review from a table of just under 100 people is a joy. The Howies Aberdeen team are over the moon so thank you for choosing us for your Christmas party and for giving us such wonderful feedback. We hope you will come back to eat with us before next Christmas! With very best wishes for a great 2013.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

It does not look like a bespoke restaurant space... And it's off the beaten path of Aberdeen but its worth the extra few steps. Service here was prompt and attentive... And it was the best hamburger I have had in Aberdeen. I have been back a few times and the other dishes are very good....

Summary...make the effort to find this place

HowiesRestaurants, Owner at Howies Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

What a lovely review. Thank you so much. And a great accolade indeed - 'The Best Hamburger in Town' . you have made the Howies Aberdeen team smile broadly. We hope to welcome you back again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We went to Howies for my daughter's graduation lunch in December. We went for the Christmas menu and all had a lovely meal. I went for the salmon then the roast chicken with roast potatoes and seasonal vegetables which were all very well cooked. My son had the banoffee pie for dessert which looked great. The staff wre very friendly and the service was quick despite there being a number of large parties also having lunch. A lovely place.

1  Thank DoonhamerScotland
HowiesRestaurants, Owner at Howies Aberdeen, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2012

Thank you for your lovely review, we are delighted you enjoyed your graduation lunch at Howies - and delighted you mentioned the great service and food - the team are thrilled!

Reviewed December 14, 2012

The food was absolutely lovely. I had a groupon voucher which included starter, main and a glassof prosecco each which I used for lunch. The autumn menu was ongoing when we visited. My and my friend started off with parma ham and duck slice with beetroot sauce and rocket salad. The taste of the sauce went really well with the slice and salad. It was sweet and elegant. For main, I had venison casserole with mashed potato and my friend had catch of the day which was a sea-bass. My friend's seal-bass was nice, roasted well, came with good vegetables. My venison casserole was ok, could have been more flavoured. The prosecco was very refershing and nice and I ordered a glass of water with it which came with lemon and ice made it perfect to go with prosecco. Afterward, I ordered dessert which was the apple + cinnamon crepes - was not very nice. The filling was too much and all I could taste was cinnamon. Atmosphere was very nice and buzzing. I will try it out once more in the future.

Tip: Dress smart when going there.

Thank you for your very positive review after your visit to Howies! We appreciate all feedback, and I have discussed your issue with the apple and cinammon crepes with our Head Chef, and may look to implement some changes. We have been running a deal with Living Social, but have never been involved with Groupon. Hope to see you again very soon!