“It's curry Jim but not as we know it.”
Review of Cinnamon

Cinnamon
Ranked #442 of 696 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Indian, British, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 24, 2012

The staples of British Curry are on the menu here but one gets the sense that they are not why you're meant to come here. The body of the menu is taken up with curry with a difference. They call it fusion.....
Service was specially provided by the Chuckle Brothers (to me, to you, to me....) and the food we were served was in child size portions only. One exception to this was the naan bread which was about the size of an LP (remember them?) and, to complete the analogy, was served on an old mesh turntable mat!
Rather a pretentious place altogether which left us confused. Did we really pay all this money for an average meal with chaotic service?

Reviewed September 30, 2012

If you haven't time to read all of this, the headline says it all.

My daughter and son-in-law booked us here on Saturday 29th October with enthusiastic recommendation as "the best Indian restaurant in Aberdeen". As we had all eaten together in other good Indian restaurants elsewhere, including the excellent cafe India in Dingwall (Ross-shire), we had great expectations. The doorman (yes, a doorman!) was regally dressed in Indian style and the ambience was busy, warm and friendly. The table was nicely dressed, the chairs comfortable, the menu well presented and interesting, with novel (in fact described as 'nouvelle' options. So far, so good. The waiter was engaging and, when I relayed our daughter's recommendation he agreed, adding that he didn't expect us to be disappointed. Unfortunately my wife and I certainly were. We ordered from the classic dishes menu. We were plied with popadums and multiple offers of "more drink?" (a criticism I see in other reviews of this restaurant) but the service was excruciatingly slow: more than an hour to get our food. That might have been offest if, when it came, the food had been outstanding: it wasn't even acceptable Nor was it hot, in either sense of the word. In fact none of my, or my wife's, dishes had any spice or flavour at all. Can you imagine even thinking about adding salt and pepper to Indian food? The "baby aubergine", by the time you'd removed the indedible parts, was so baby as to be foetal. My wild brown rice was neither wild nor brown, the chicken component was dry and the sauces bland. Frankly I've had better from the diet section of the chill cabinet in Tesco's. For 4 people £90 + tip isn't out of the way for a decent Indian meal, but we felt cheated. If you like Indian food, don't bother. If you've never had Indian food (there must be some), this experience might put you off. Enjoy yourself: go somewhere else.

1  Thank GrumpyGInvernes
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We came here after walking round Aberdeen looking at the prices of Indian food. Aberdeen must have the most expensive Indian restaurants in the UK and I am not sure why. This one was of an average price compaired to the others and we found the food to be very nice and the staff friendly and very helpful. We tried a dish that we were not keen on and they very kindly offered to make us something different free of charge and gave us more hot rice. When we had our old favourites we were very happy with the meal. The food was of good portion size and very tasty. I was given a red rose on leaving which I thought was a nice touch. We will return.

Reviewed September 7, 2012

India restaurant that trys to do dishes a little bit different, but slightly too much style over substance

Reviewed September 1, 2012

These guys are doing something pretty cool by offering at least 15 different naan's. Mine was cinnamon, honey and nut, it was freaking tasty! The mushrooms with tomatoe were good and I had the scallops which was an appetizer and it was nicely done.