“Burger with a friend”

The Adelphi Kitchen
Ranked #52 of 691 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The rumours are true! The Adelphi Kitchen is back in business! Under new management and boasting a new menu, The Adelphi is well and truly open again.
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Went for lunch with a friend with high hopes of the new Adelphi. Decor is nice with a lovely Scottish feel and a real homely approach within a small restaurant. Service was equally warm and friendly without being overbearing. But to be honest I didn't like the menu layout or the clipboard style presentation. The food was ok, you can tell it's quality and sourced local but I was hoping the burger would have more of the smokehouse flavour I think there trying to portray with the Decor and presentation, also a small portion for the £15 price. A few small negatives but you must try the Adelphi and support this great eatery that dares to be different but still supports local suppliers.

1  Thank Mraoa
There are newer reviews for The Adelphi Kitchen

Reviewed April 12, 2014

First class food, service and warm lovely atmosphere. Been a few times since recent openings and high recommend. Will be back very soon

1  Thank Sa78
Reviewed April 7, 2014

If you're looking for a warm & friendly fine dining experience you need look no further, everything that we ordered was cooked to perfection, served in a cozy informal atmosphere. I have no qualms about returning for what was a wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Was so excited to try the Adelphi Kitchen, and just knew it would be impossible to choose what I wanted to eat! The restaurant itself is small and cosy, nicely decorated and quite quirky.
Managed to choose from the menu. The tongue and cheek was lovely and my partner had the squid which she said was "the best I've ever tasted".
I had a dirty steak for my mains, oh my goodness!! Just fantastic! Served with chips and greens.
My partner had the burger/ peanut butter and bacon on a burger is just genius!
Puddings were tiramasu knickerbocker and peanut butter cookies- again both lovely!
My one negative is the service- it was there at the start but just disappeared towards the end. We had wanted coffee but sat with empty dessert plates for 25mins, no one came near, the couple beside us were having the same problem. The 4 staff on duty were standing At the bar- not very perceptive! Eventually we got someone and we asked for the bill- dessert plates were not removed! This won't stop me returning as the food was great,

Reviewed April 6, 2014

I am sure that there has been lot of preparation and groundwork behind the scenes, both in terms of food and architecture to open the Adelphi Kitchen restaurant; these people know what they are doing and are here to stay.

Been twice in the last month. Both times on Saturday at lunch time.
Had the Juicy Lucy Burger the first time and the Scallops and Black Pudding the second time.
Both time I was thinking: this is the best food I had in Aberdeen in a long time.

You can tell they use great quality food and then that they know how to cook it.

Staff was polite, informative, sharp, attentive.
Service was professional and kind.

The atmosphere is really unique, a beautiful interior.
Nice music playing in the background to the right volume.

I would recommend to anyone, romantic evening or business lunch meeting.