“Very nice food and venue”
Review of Cumin Tandoori - CLOSED

Cumin Tandoori
Cuisines: Asian, Indian, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to the Essence indian cuisine! According to the dictionary Essence is a substance obtained from a plant, drug, food source or the like, by distillation and infusion; containing its characteristic properties in concentrated form. Here at ‘’The Essence of Cuisine’’ it is our aim to source the finest seasonal ingredients then extract the best possible flavour from them; then infusing with rich spices and sauces creating the very best eastern cuisine in Aberdeen! Our patrons Muhammad and Fakir Ahmed have many years’ experience within the restaurant sector and have gleaned many secret family recipes and brought them to Aberdeen adding a fresh modern and contemporary twist for all our customers to enjoy. We are sure that we can cater for all diners be them Indian gastronomy aficionados; or newbies to the world of Indian cuisine.
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Me and my partner have recently move to Aberdeen and we love Indian food so finding a good quality Indian restaurant was high on our priority list.
I booked a table for last Saturday evening and managed to get a table at 8.30pm without any problem, on arrival I noticed the restaurant was busy but we where taken to our table without hesitation, the waiter asked if we wanted any drinks and told us about the specials.

The restaurant is clean with a traditional feel regarding decor I liked it but my husband said it was a little to dark, I ordered the chicken tikka and my husband ordered a vindaloo curry !
both meals arrived in a timely manor and a new round of drinks.

I enjoyed my own curry but after trying my husbands it's was way to hot for my but he said it tasted very good and the heat was perfect for him.
The waiting staff where very attentive and this is a place I will be coming back to again, very good value for money and the food was good quality.

5  Thank Kelly w

Reviewed June 8, 2014

Definitely my favourite place to eat Indian food in Aberdeen. I originally came here for the buffet but you can also order starter dishes as well. I really enjoyed the variety of food stocked in the buffet. It has your old favourites as well as other dishes you may not be as familiar with. I personally enjoyed their pakora, tandoori chicken, and masala. Will certainly try to come back soon!

5  Thank Vincent P
Reviewed June 8, 2014

As the title says this is our 3rd visit as a family and we have always been very happy with the food provided on each occasion.
I have now sampled a lot of food from the menu and it is all very tasty and you can tell it has been made fresh, the staff are extremely friendly and very helpful if you don't know a particular item on the menu they give a decent description.

One of our favorite places to now eat looking forward to next Saturday as we have a table booked.

4  Thank ken t
Reviewed June 8, 2014

Found this on trip advisor and worth the visit. Staff very attentive and food delicious . Menu has a few new items which were worth trying . Price reasonable for Aberdeen and very busy only downside is that tables are a bit close for comfort but recommend this to all that like good food.

4  Thank Jan196029
Reviewed June 7, 2014

I decided to go with the tandoori menu this time around, and as expected they met all my expectations. Dinner here is always very special, with just the right amount of fresh spice and sizzling heat. Best currys.

4  Thank Hass B