“Excellent food and brilliant service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cumin Tandoori

Cumin Tandoori
Ranked #23 of 665 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Bangladeshi, Fusion
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Cumin Tandoori welcomes you to a journey through exotic cuisine from the rich heritage of the Indian Sub-Continent. At Cumin Tandoori you will learn some of the special history behind the dishes, enhancing your enjoyment & enriching your knowledge of Indian haute cuisine.Our master chefs are dedicated to bringing you authentic Indian dishes to give you an evening of culinary delight.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Excellent food and brilliant service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

The only reason I booked a table at Cumin Tandoori was due to it appearing on my Tastecard list and I have yet been able to find a good Indian restaurant in Aberdeen that isn't a ridiculous amount of money. We could not fault the food or service. Made to feel welcome from the moment you enter to being back out on the street I would highly recommended this restaurant to anyone in Aberdeen. Being able to ask about the dishes and alter hotter ones so I could handle the spice was an excellent touch! We will definitely be heading back there soon!

2 Thank KristinaHazza

• Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing food and great service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've eaten a few idea in meals in Aberdeen over the years and I have to say that this is one of the best I've had of recent times! Came in with work colleagues and was not disappointed. Great service, great food and I will most definitely be back!! Yum!

2 Thank sophiet76
Scotland
“Poor Experience.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Tried the lunchtime buffet on the back of an online voucher from Itison costing £12.00 for two persons inclusive of a pint of Lager or 250ml glass of wine per diner. Very good value I thought.

I apologise to anyone who may have had the full al a carte menu as by all means it seems to well reviewed on TA. I can only review based on my lunchtime visit and the signs were very poor. Veg pakora, chicken kebab and veg curry for starter with a small plate of cucumber, lemon and green salad for accompaniment. Pilau rice, quarter sized naan's, chicken tikka masala, and lamb bhuna for mains - Extremely poor selection, small plates, inefficient replenishing and an all round poor show.

The food tasted just OK, They had no Kingfisher or Cobra lagers as advertised in the deal, they served 125ml of wine in a 250ml glass. Did I get my £6.00 per person's worth? - even including the drink i'd say not. I guess I won't be back, certainly not for what can only be considered a very miserable and half hearted attempt at a buffet lunch.

3 Thank OhDannyBoy
Cumin T, Manager at Cumin Tandoori, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear OhDannyBoy,

Thanks for your feedback. We really appreciate your input.

We are very sorry to hear that your visit to Cumin Tandoori for a Buffet Lunch did not meet your expectation.

Our All You Can Eat Buffet lunch normal price is £7.95 and the choices are,
3 different types of Starters (Chicken Pakora/Tikka, Veg Pakora/Onion Bhaji, Garlic Mushroom/Kebabs)
1 Veg dish
1 Mild dish (Chicken/Lamb)
1 Medium dish (Chicken/Lamb)
Rice
Nan
Green Salads

With 'itison' voucher you can have all of the above PLUS Glass of wine or Beer for only £6.

Just for your information, our normal a la-carte menu prices are 10-15% cheaper than most of the Indian restaurants in Aberdeen.

If you compare the normal price of all the items you getting with buffet lunch, could be helpful for your judgement.

With All You Can Eat Buffet lunch you are now getting:
Starters:
One portion of Chicken Pakora - £5.50, Veg Pakora - £3.90, Garlic Mushroom - £3.50.
Mains:
Chicken Tikka Masala - £9.95, Lamb Bhuna - £6.50, Vegetable Curry - £5.95.
Pilau Rice - £3.00, Nan - £2.40

So, over £40 worth of food you can eat as much as you can for only £7.95 (normal buffet price) and with your 'itison' voucher it is £6 with free drinks.

We do not sell any cheap or low quality food in our restaurant and I doubt you will find anything cheaper than this anywhere in Aberdeen apart from fast-food.

We believe our customers are always right and we apologies for not been able to meet your expectations.

I hope you also understand our costing side to provide high quality food in cheaper price.

We hope to see you again at Cumin Tandoori.

Kind regards,
Management
Cumin Tandoori
Scotland, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

No faults. Brilliant. Work night out - faultless food & service. Table of 7 - no issues with anything can't recommend enough.

2 Thank Sco13
“Outstanding service and meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2014

Cannot fault food venue or friendly staff ....outstanding.Good location and layout. Service was prompt. Good space between courses. Good banter. Portions were excellent and as described. I have ate curry from here to Jihalabad and this was the best by far .

2 Thank Billy M