“Good value great service”

Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites
Ranked #36 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed May 19, 2013

This hotel is a few miles outside the city but there are regular buses. A taxi will cost about £8-10. From the outside its pretty bleak but once inside its bright, fresh & modern. We stayed a weekend through a groupon voucher so got 2 nights bed & breakfast with dinner, 2 courses and bottle of prosecco. Menu limited but adequate. Food average. We upgraded to a suite for an extra £15 which provides a mini kitchen with microwave and fridge. What really made our stay however was the staff who couldn't have been more helpful. Nothing was too much trouble. Kelly was very pleasant and deserves special mention. Friendly, approachable staff, clean modern facilities. Hotel is on flightpath for Aberdeen airport but this did not disturb us.

• Stayed: May 2013
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear scottishshopper

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one and that Kelly helped make your stay more comfortable.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Booked here for a business trip, I was pleasantly surprised at the good value for money. Small single room but comfortable with a great shower. Sink was to small though. Food in the restaurant was great value for money.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kenneth1964
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

Dear Paul G

I will pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Love this hotel. The first time we stayed they upgraded us to a suite where we had couches, fridge (with freebies), a bag of goodies, microwave, cooker, cupboards with crockery and cutlery. Comfy rooms, clean with lovely beds. Good food and close to amenities. Second time and third time was just a twin room but still very nice, clean and spacious and would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if poss.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear isobel m

I am glad on each visit you have enjoyed your stay and that the small touches are noticed and appreciated. Currently we are giving our rooms a make over, I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked a 2 night stay at the Summerhill Hotel with a Groupon Promotion. The hotel is located in one of the less affluent areas of Aberdeen and the exterior of the building is a throwback to the 1960's.
However, once you step through the front door, the decor is modern and the welcome at reception is warm and friendly. The bedroom and bathroom are well furnished, quiet and comfortable.
One nights dinner and a bottle of Prosecco were included in the deal and you are never sure just what to expect with this type of promotion. However, we were not disappointed and the Summerhill exceeded all our expectations. The service was friendly and efficient to the extent of putting a jug of water on the table without having to ask for it. We so enjoyed the dining experience that we repeated the experience on the second night of our stay.
The Summerhill is a 3 star hotel but provides 5 star value and we would certainly recommend it to potential guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 12, 2013

Dear joabil

It is always encouraging when our guests receive a high level of service and are happy to recommend the hotel to future guests. I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

Cant fault this hotel ,stayed just for one night but a very clean and tidy hotel, rooms well equipped and bed was comfy staff were really friendly and helpful food was very good would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013

Dear megandsid

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night groupon deal in a suite. Very comfortable beds, also having a fridge and microwave was brill! Everything was spotless and well thought out. We were pleasantly surprised to have a goody bag with bottled water, fresh orange juice, choc. biscuits and crisps!! along with the tea and coffee it was an added bonus.
All the staff we spoke to were very helpful and friendly, which is a Great bonus as sometimes you feel that the staff are "to busy to talk to you"!!
We were also very impressed with Jonathon the assistant manager, he organised the restaurant very professionally, thanks also to all staff. We had dinner as well and all food and service excellent. It really makes your break very relaxing. Please don't let the car park put you off, as when in the hotel you will be impressed. We will definately stay here again.Big Thanks to ALL STAFF

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Hazel72

I will pass on your comments to Jonathon and the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

It is always encouraging to hear such positive responses following a guests stay with us.I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned home from a great weekend. We used a Groupon Voucher, which was excellent value for money. We had a suite, which had fridge microwave etc. The fridge had bottled water milk, kitkats,alpen bars mars bar and crisps. Amazing to get all these goodies supplied. We found the staff excellent. The room spotless. Lovely breakfast Buffet in the morning, and a lovely evening meal. Yes the car parking area looks a bit scruffy, but what a pleasant surprise when you get into the Hotel. Well done Summerhill Hotel, we'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear kaywhittaker

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

It is always encouraging for myself and the team when our guests share their experiences especially when the guest experience has been an enjoyable one.