“Good value 3 star in Aberdeen” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites

BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites
Ranked #29 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Good value 3 star in Aberdeen”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Booked here for a business trip, I was pleasantly surprised at the good value for money. Small single room but comfortable with a great shower. Sink was to small though. Food in the restaurant was great value for money.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kenneth1964
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Dear Paul G

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

Marc A Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Armadale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2013

Love this hotel. The first time we stayed they upgraded us to a suite where we had couches, fridge (with freebies), a bag of goodies, microwave, cooker, cupboards with crockery and cutlery. Comfy rooms, clean with lovely beds. Good food and close to amenities. Second time and third time was just a twin room but still very nice, clean and spacious and would stay again.

Room Tip: Choose a suite if poss.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear isobel m

I am glad on each visit you have enjoyed your stay and that the small touches are noticed and appreciated. Currently we are giving our rooms a make over, I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

Fife
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

We booked a 2 night stay at the Summerhill Hotel with a Groupon Promotion. The hotel is located in one of the less affluent areas of Aberdeen and the exterior of the building is a throwback to the 1960's.
However, once you step through the front door, the decor is modern and the welcome at reception is warm and friendly. The bedroom and bathroom are well furnished, quiet and comfortable.
One nights dinner and a bottle of Prosecco were included in the deal and you are never sure just what to expect with this type of promotion. However, we were not disappointed and the Summerhill exceeded all our expectations. The service was friendly and efficient to the extent of putting a jug of water on the table without having to ask for it. We so enjoyed the dining experience that we repeated the experience on the second night of our stay.
The Summerhill is a 3 star hotel but provides 5 star value and we would certainly recommend it to potential guests.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear joabil

It is always encouraging when our guests receive a high level of service and are happy to recommend the hotel to future guests. I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Cant fault this hotel ,stayed just for one night but a very clean and tidy hotel, rooms well equipped and bed was comfy staff were really friendly and helpful food was very good would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear megandsid

Newport-On-Tay
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night groupon deal in a suite. Very comfortable beds, also having a fridge and microwave was brill! Everything was spotless and well thought out. We were pleasantly surprised to have a goody bag with bottled water, fresh orange juice, choc. biscuits and crisps!! along with the tea and coffee it was an added bonus.
All the staff we spoke to were very helpful and friendly, which is a Great bonus as sometimes you feel that the staff are "to busy to talk to you"!!
We were also very impressed with Jonathon the assistant manager, he organised the restaurant very professionally, thanks also to all staff. We had dinner as well and all food and service excellent. It really makes your break very relaxing. Please don't let the car park put you off, as when in the hotel you will be impressed. We will definately stay here again.Big Thanks to ALL STAFF

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Hazel72

I will pass on your comments to Jonathon and the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

It is always encouraging to hear such positive responses following a guests stay with us.I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

StAndrews Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned home from a great weekend. We used a Groupon Voucher, which was excellent value for money. We had a suite, which had fridge microwave etc. The fridge had bottled water milk, kitkats,alpen bars mars bar and crisps. Amazing to get all these goodies supplied. We found the staff excellent. The room spotless. Lovely breakfast Buffet in the morning, and a lovely evening meal. Yes the car parking area looks a bit scruffy, but what a pleasant surprise when you get into the Hotel. Well done Summerhill Hotel, we'll be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear kaywhittaker

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

It is always encouraging for myself and the team when our guests share their experiences especially when the guest experience has been an enjoyable one.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was a business stay and one thing that has become essential for business is a working Wi-Fi connection. I regret to say that for the three days myself and my collogues were there, the best any of the 3 of us had was a 5 minute connection: most of time is was a few seconds only - I gave up and used my phone to connect - not ideal. Apparently their service provider (BT) had been notified of the fault the previous week but nothing had been done to fix it.
The staff in the hotel were pleasant and helpful and the hotel is currently being redecorated throughout and they are doing a good job of it.
Be advised a lot of the rooms only have a shower fitted, not a bath which I only discovered on arrival when all of my team were in rooms without a bath. One of collogues was astonished to find that she was in a room with a single bed and as she described it, not enough room to swing a cat. (That's a cat-O-nine-tails, not the animal!)
As mentioned in other reviews the shopping centre which uses the same car park as the hotel is a grubby unpleasant place with empty alcohol bottles etc. littering the walk-ways - one of my collogues reporting seeing syringes as well. The newspaper shop in the complex is the first time that I have so many empty shelves in many years, staff pleasant but nothing much to buy which speaks volumes.
I usually go a for walk around the area of any hotel I'm staying in: this one after a look in the newsagents I decided not to. Shame for the hotel staff who do a good job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank AndyDragon
Dear AndyDragon

Please accept my apologies regarding the lack of wifi signal during your stay, this has been an on-going issue which our IT department are monitoring very closely as we are very keen to have this issue resolved as a matter of urgency.

Unfortunately the shopping precinct the hotel backs onto does present its challenges to our guests and therefore we do try to ensure it is a positive experience once you enter the hotel. With regards to our rooms most have bath and shower though some have shower only though the reception team are happy to change guest rooms if we have availability though this is always increasingly difficult midweek.