“Excellent”

Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites
Ranked #29 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
“Excellent”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Cant fault this hotel ,stayed just for one night but a very clean and tidy hotel, rooms well equipped and bed was comfy staff were really friendly and helpful food was very good would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, May 12, 2013
Dear megandsid

Thank you for taking the time to communicate your views on the hotel via the Trip Advisor site.

I will pass on your comments to the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

Marc A Adams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
Newport-On-Tay
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned from a 2 night groupon deal in a suite. Very comfortable beds, also having a fridge and microwave was brill! Everything was spotless and well thought out. We were pleasantly surprised to have a goody bag with bottled water, fresh orange juice, choc. biscuits and crisps!! along with the tea and coffee it was an added bonus.
All the staff we spoke to were very helpful and friendly, which is a Great bonus as sometimes you feel that the staff are "to busy to talk to you"!!
We were also very impressed with Jonathon the assistant manager, he organised the restaurant very professionally, thanks also to all staff. We had dinner as well and all food and service excellent. It really makes your break very relaxing. Please don't let the car park put you off, as when in the hotel you will be impressed. We will definately stay here again.Big Thanks to ALL STAFF

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Dear Hazel72

I will pass on your comments to Jonathon and the team which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

It is always encouraging to hear such positive responses following a guests stay with us.I hope we are in the position to welcome you back again in the near future.

StAndrews Scotland
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Just returned home from a great weekend. We used a Groupon Voucher, which was excellent value for money. We had a suite, which had fridge microwave etc. The fridge had bottled water milk, kitkats,alpen bars mars bar and crisps. Amazing to get all these goodies supplied. We found the staff excellent. The room spotless. Lovely breakfast Buffet in the morning, and a lovely evening meal. Yes the car parking area looks a bit scruffy, but what a pleasant surprise when you get into the Hotel. Well done Summerhill Hotel, we'll be back.

Dear kaywhittaker

I will pass on your comments to all team members which I am sure they will be pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am glad the team made your stay an enjoyable one.

It is always encouraging for myself and the team when our guests share their experiences especially when the guest experience has been an enjoyable one.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This was a business stay and one thing that has become essential for business is a working Wi-Fi connection. I regret to say that for the three days myself and my collogues were there, the best any of the 3 of us had was a 5 minute connection: most of time is was a few seconds only - I gave up and used my phone to connect - not ideal. Apparently their service provider (BT) had been notified of the fault the previous week but nothing had been done to fix it.
The staff in the hotel were pleasant and helpful and the hotel is currently being redecorated throughout and they are doing a good job of it.
Be advised a lot of the rooms only have a shower fitted, not a bath which I only discovered on arrival when all of my team were in rooms without a bath. One of collogues was astonished to find that she was in a room with a single bed and as she described it, not enough room to swing a cat. (That's a cat-O-nine-tails, not the animal!)
As mentioned in other reviews the shopping centre which uses the same car park as the hotel is a grubby unpleasant place with empty alcohol bottles etc. littering the walk-ways - one of my collogues reporting seeing syringes as well. The newspaper shop in the complex is the first time that I have so many empty shelves in many years, staff pleasant but nothing much to buy which speaks volumes.
I usually go a for walk around the area of any hotel I'm staying in: this one after a look in the newsagents I decided not to. Shame for the hotel staff who do a good job.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank AndyDragon
Dear AndyDragon

Please accept my apologies regarding the lack of wifi signal during your stay, this has been an on-going issue which our IT department are monitoring very closely as we are very keen to have this issue resolved as a matter of urgency.

Unfortunately the shopping precinct the hotel backs onto does present its challenges to our guests and therefore we do try to ensure it is a positive experience once you enter the hotel. With regards to our rooms most have bath and shower though some have shower only though the reception team are happy to change guest rooms if we have availability though this is always increasingly difficult midweek.

Forfar, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We had the 2 night groupon deal which was amazing value for money. Our room had a fridge and microwave which bottled water and fresh orange and bikkies on arrival. Great room. Only fault was the shower head didnt work properly. Excellant breaky. Nice staff.

2 Thank dellulahlaura
Dear Laura352_12

Please accept my apologies for the issue you encountered with the shower head, I have passed this onto our maintenance team to address the shower head issue.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had a great week at Hotel like all others when arrived the carpark was not the best, but once inside was a world of difference. Staff were very friendly and helpfull, all service was excellent and food and room was very good. Thanks to the manager Marc and all the team for a very pleasant weeks stay. Thanks

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank StephenP443
summerhillAberdeen, General Manager at Best Western Summerhill Hotel And Suites, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear StephenP443

Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I got this on a Groupon deal and went up this weekend to relax.

A few have reviewed the car park but ive not come across many 5 star car parks.
It was fine and a place to park your car.

The reception was a warm welcome and helped to room with bags.
Had a suite which was immaculate and spotlessly clean. Nice touch with chocolate/crisps and orange juice and biscuits in fridge.
Own microwave if you wanted to use and having this in the room with a fridge was a nice bonus.
Spent the whole weekend total relaxing and no noise whatsover. If you want a chill quiet weeked, this ticks the boxes.

Breakfast was included and plenty of choice as was the choice of meals should you choose to dine here.
I cant comment on the dinner menu as didnt use.

Overall, it was a fabulous break, friendly staff, spotless suite and a peaceful haven.
I loved it and would definately recommend and intend to go back.

1 Thank chef007_10
Dear chef007_10

It is always a pleasure when we exceed a guests expectations especially when generally the car park is the first aspect of your stay and this can of course be off putting for some guests.