It's such a shame to have to write this but after no repsonse from Amy the reception manager this is our last resort :( Having stayed at Malmaison Aberdeen many, many times my partner and I are huge fans. The suites are all a great standard, the bar and restaurant offer a great selection and the staff are (usually) always on hand to go the extra mile. Unfortunately, after booking the Balmoral for an extremely special date in June this year we were sorely let down. I booked the room the week before and popped in to the hotel on the Friday before our stay the following week to drop off a few things. At this point I double (and triple) checked that we would get the correct suite as Malmaison Aberdeen had made this mistake before. Yes- assured it will be ready for us to check in at 3pm, delighted to have us back etc.etc. Two days later we received a phone call to say that the room had been scheduled to have maintenance done and would not be available... this fiasco of it not, then will, then not be available continued for the next two days. The day before our reservation I spoke to a staff member who put me on hold whilst she spoke with maintenance - she informed me the room would 100% be ready and not to panic. At this point we had now spoken to about 4 different staff members all of whom told us different stories. On the day we were due to check-in we then recieved a call from the reception manager to say the repair would take longer and that we could not have the room. She then offered us a slight discount and said we could check-in to another room and get ready then come back after the special event to the room. We explained that the whole reason for splashing out on a £300+ per night suite is to enjoy the experience of getting ready in it and that returning to a room at 1am to sleep for a few hours and having staff move our belongings was unacceptable. We also explained that this had happened before and were offered a much more appropriate solution. We ended up staying somewhere else. We were left to feel like our "valued" custom wasn't worth more than a small discount off the room and the impact which the whole fiasco had on our special day was horrendous. We left her with our email address and asked that, when she had come up with a suitable means of improving our terrible, disappointing experience, that she should just drop us an email. Still waiting on said email.... Such a tremendous disappointment to be made so aware that choosing to host a special event with Malmaison Aberdeen really doesn't mean anything at all to them, and that despite over 3 years of repeat custom no real effort has been made to redeem being messed around so much. Lesson - don't rely on Malmaison Aberdeen for your special events....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malmaison Aberdeen is the latest luxury hotel to join the Malmaison family. This boutique hotel used to be the famous Queen’s Hotel and truly is fit for a Queen. Retreat from daily life in the spa or enjoy a work out at the gym. Look no further than Malmaison Aberdeen for the perfect venue for business trips or leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Malmaison Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Malmaison Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Aberdeen Scotland