We booked a dinner B&B package for a spur of the moment treat. We arrived at about 4pm but by then the only options for dinner were 6pm and 9.30pm – not ideal! Also our room wasn’t ready which we didn’t know until we specifically asked the receptionist as she had just left us standing there like a couple of lemons while she fiddled with her PC. To be fair we were then offered complimentary drinks in the bar while we waited but no one told the bar staff – how embarrassing! Mind you the service was so slow that our room was ready before the drinks! In fact another customer told me (without any prompting whatsoever) that slow service is normal in the bar. Our room was okay but very hot in the night and the heater controls didn’t seem to work. There were no glasses (although there were plastic beakers in the bathroom) and there was a large brown frothy liquid stain on the bedroom ceiling that looked like someone had been spraying coffee or Guinness about. In the Brasserie the menu for the actual DB&B package is very limited indeed so if you want anything substantial forget it. If you opt for the normal menu they do credit you with £35 a couple but that will only get you a modest main course. In my view calling it a DB&B package is at best a little disingenuous. The food was reasonable but the French fries reminded me of McDonalds and although the staff are nice we didn’t have any cutlery when our mains arrived and had to ask for it! My breakfast was very good but my wife’s was only luke warm. In conclusion I was very disappointed and really don’t know what all the fuss is about this place. Frankly it seemed less than ordinary to me and not at all worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Malmaison Aberdeen is the latest luxury hotel to join the Malmaison family. This boutique hotel used to be the famous Queen’s Hotel and truly is fit for a Queen. Retreat from daily life in the spa or enjoy a work out at the gym. Look no further than Malmaison Aberdeen for the perfect venue for business trips or leisure breaks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon, Orbitz and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Malmaison Aberdeen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Malmaison Aberdeen Hotel Aberdeen
- Malmaison Hotel Aberdeen
- Aberdeen Malmaison Hotel
- Malmaison Aberdeen Scotland