“Hotel Good, Restaurant Poor”

Premier Inn Aberdeen North (Bridge Of Don) Hotel
Ranked #24 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Hotel Good, Restaurant Poor”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

A good hotel without the trademark lumpy bed. Very impressed with the hotel, just let down with the restaurant side. Slow service, stone cold food, which after complaining, was taken away and returned over cooked. The young waitress claimed it was a new meal, but clearly it was not. Breakfast (cooked) was again over cooked and tasteless. Not the usual decent Premier Inn breakfast you get.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
aberdeennorth, Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen North (Bridge Of Don) Hotel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Walliskirkland,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us at Aberdeen North (Murcar) Premier Inn.

Thank you for your positive comments about the hotel, I have passed your kind words on to the rest of the team who are thrilled to receive positive feedback.

I have passed your comments with regards to the restaurant on to the restaurant management team who are sorry and feel disappointed to hear that your experience in the restaurant wasn’t a positive one. If you would like to discuss your experience in more depth please don’t hesitate to contact the restaurant management team.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback. The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Polish first
selby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 19, 2012

My last review on here was unfortunately for the worst Premier Inn I've ever stayed in so it's only fair that I review one of the best too.
We travelled to Aberdeen from North Yorkshire to celebrate my Father-in-law's 80th birthday. After a very long drive with 2 young children, it was lovely to receive a very warm welcome on our arrival. The room was one of the biggest family rooms I've experience with Premier Inn. Everything was spotlessly clean.
My only niggle and it is a niggle was the mattresses, they are SO hard, even the kids had a little moan. This seems to be a universal Premier Inn problem though, not just here. But, the staff were only too happy to help when I asked for a duvet to fold on top of the bed to sleep on.
The restaurant at this hotel is also excellent and the staff, again, very very frendly.
We'll definately be back (with a memory foam mattress topper!)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Claire24660,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you received a warm friendly welcoming upon your arrival. I have passed your positive comments on to the housekeeping team who are thrilled to have their hard work and standards of their rooms recognized.

I am however sorry to read that the mattress wasn’t to your liking and you found the mattress to hard. At Premier Inn we use a premium brand for our beds and our housekeeping team turn the mattress’s monthly to ensure the mattress’s stays in top condition to stop the mattress’s from sagging.

Again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay here with us. The team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Edinburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012

We were up in Aberdeen to help our daughter move into the university campus. We stayed 3 nights each night in a different hotel, We stay at this hotel on our last night and the old saying goes save the best till last would be revelant to our stay. The service is excellent, The room was ideal for our needs and the bed was very good and it provided me with the best sleep of our trip. On arrival kerry was very friendly and explained the hotels facilites and times of meals ect. I would also like to thank the manager of the resturant for making sure our visit was an enjoyable one. We took the meal deal and I can say that the food is excellent and the breakfast was the best we had on our 3 night stay. So a big thank you to kerry and the manager of the resturant for the care and attention they provided me with. I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank darroch66
aberdeennorth, Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen North (Bridge Of Don) Hotel, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
darroch66,

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that your experience was a pleasant one from checking in, right through to your breakfast! Here at Aberdeen North we strive to give the guest a brilliant experience that ensures you will come back to visit us again.

The team and myself here at Aberdeen North wish your daughter all the best with university and we hope to see you again when she graduates.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here on numerous occations during business trips as the staff where always fantastic. Made my stays warm,family like, humerous and demonstrated always a professional attitude with a human touch , thanks to all the staff in the hotel and restaurant , Ele,Jess,Grant,Kev,Alana, jurgina, Natalie, and JO. Many more who names I have forgotten. recommend this hotel ten times out of ten .... That's why I always came back. Thankyou to everyone

• Stayed September 2012
moremachinethanman,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay with us here at Aberdeen North (Murcar) Premier Inn.

I am thrilled to read that there has been team members in both the hotel and restaurant who have left a lasting impression with you so much so that you have remember their names. It is always nice to read personal comments about the team and that they have made the right impression.

The team in both the hotel and the restaurant work very hard to make a lasting impression and strive to be the best that they can be whist given a brilliant guest service.

Once again, I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feed back and the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Bath, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The hotel was clean, the staff efficient, everything you would expect. We were travelling with teenage daughter, and there was plenty of space for everyone.Our room was at the rear on the ground floor. At breakfast the breakfast was hearty and the service friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
aberdeennorth, Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen North (Bridge Of Don) Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
GaleB565,

I am thrilled to read your positive and kind words about your stay with us. I have passed your kind words onto all the team here that are delighted to have their hard work recognized and appreciated.

Once again thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Braintree, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

Stayed in the Bridge of Don premier inn for 3 nights in sept, I can honestly say it was one the the best Premier Inn's we have stayed in. The rooms were very clean and had the biggest television we have seen in a premier inn, We stayed in room 23 right as the back, it was very quiet even though a main road was not far from us, we did not hear any traffic. The staff were very polite and friendly and made us feel very welcome. We had a great time as the hotel was near to cairngorns national park and all the distillerys, also try to get to huntly falcolnry, it was excellent. Cant wait to come back to this premier inn in the near future.
Mr and Mrs Crofts

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
aberdeennorth, Team Leader at Premier Inn Aberdeen North (Bridge Of Don) Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Manddc1,

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you found our room clean and comfortable. We recently had a refurbishment in March and they put 40-inch flat screen TV's into all our bedrooms.

I have passed your positive feedback on to the Housekeeping Team who is thrilled to have acknowledgment for all their hard work; they really do work hard to continually deliver our high standard.

Again, thank you for taking the time to leave feedback and the team and myself look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I have stayed at the premier Inn north Murcur on many occasions and find that the hotel is excellent. Very accommodating and friendly staff.
You will always be welcomed with a smile from reception and anything to assist you during your stay is no bother at all.
Hotel management are second to none with Kerry leading the way in a warm, friendly atmosphere.
Well done all at this Premier Inn.

Room Tip: All rooms are of equal quality.