“Very good hotel”

Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Edinburgh
“Very good hotel”
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel, the facilities were excellent good bar and beers to choose from, the room was very clean and plenty of parking spaces, the staff were first class and I would definately return here in the future

Room Tip: I was on the second floor and was not disturbed by noise or traffic
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Danermag

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback

I a delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us here at Premier Inn and found the room to great standards.

I have passed on you comments to the team regarding the service you received.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Livingston, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2014

I stayed here on a Friday and Saturday night with my partner and our 11 and 6 year olds. I read the reviews so thought the worst but was pleasantly surprised.
I booked the room online without breakfast so paid about £78 in total for us all for the two nights.
The room was spacious, bed was huge and comfy with 2 single beds for my boys. The room was quite modern and had a small flatscreen TV.
The bathroom was fine with bath and shower.
The only bad things were the shower always soaked the floor and the heating wouldnt adjust to turn it down and my partner was irritated at the fact that the mirror is not positioned above the desk meaning she had to sit on the floor when getting ready.
But all in all it was a good quality room where we all got an excellent sleep.
I paid extra at reception to book breakfast for myself and my 2 kids ate free, result. It was all you can eat and there was loads of it, all good quality food and very tasty.
We also had dinner in the restaurant one of the nights. It was reasonably priced and very good. The bar was reasonably priced too and the place was pretty big and seemed nice enough.
I would stay again and would recommend this place.
We went to the Beach Ballroom for a party and the taxi cost about £10 each way.

Room Tip: Get a family room everytime.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Simon J

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us here in Aberdeen, and you found the room to your standards.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Stayed here recently for a business trip. Initial impressions were pretty grim. It is in a rough estate with a really rough-looking pub next door. I probably wouldn't want to stay here alone if I was female or had young kiddies.

Aside from the outside aesthetics, everything was OK with the stay at the hotel. Clean, bacth/shower, heating (no A/C), tea/coffee, etc... It was a fairly quiet and peaceful night's sleep. The only issue in the rooms was the noise from footsteps from the floor above and the guests or cleaners were moving furniture quite noisily in the morning.

We didn't eat at the restaurant because it looked a bit rough. Expect that you would like to seek alternative places to eat if you stay here. There's a lot of choice in the centre of Aberdeen (about 10 minutes' drive away).

We did have breakfast at the pub next door and found it to be OK - cooked food seemed to be quite fresh for a buffet-style breakfast. Breakfast only ran until 9am though - which is a lot earlier than we had been informed on the Premier Inn website/reception.

I'm afraid to say that I would seek alternative accommodation the next time I was in Aberdeen - even though this hotel is conveniently located for our future meetings in Aberdeen. I stay in hotels several nights a week and I'm afraid that this one falls below the normal high standards I have come to expect of Premier Inn due to its location and on-site facilities.

Room Tip: Select a room on the top-most floor as the floors and walls are very thin.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Matsando

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am sorry you did not find the location and surroundings of the hotel to you liking. We do have another 5 Premier Inn's around Aberdeen for you future visits.

I hope you will continue to choose to stay with Premier Inn in the future.
Reviewed March 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a night on business. Typical prem inn - you get what it says on the tin - friendly efficient staff, clean and comfortable hotel room. The brand works and they have high expectations from their staff. Shame they are even vaguely associated with the inefficient and tatty restaurant next door. The best thing whitbread should do is buy it and then the customer will have the best of both worlds!

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, March 31, 2014
Dear MBDerbyshire

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am delighted to hear that we lived up to your premier inn standards. I will pass on your comments to the team.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 24, 2014

Next time I'm off to Aberdeen, I'll most likely be booking into this hotel again :) Great quality bedrooms at a reasonable price within my budget for a student conference made it easy to choose. Location although out the way of the centre of Aberdeen was still easily reachable and inexpensive by taxi.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear Frado01

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Broxburn, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

we stayed here 21st and 22nd march. the room itself was large and very fresh looking.we ate at the pub/resturant attached and it was good value for money.
our first night we didny sleep much because there was a droning noise ,almost like a generator type sound. on speaking to reception in the morning they could not do enough and refunded that nights charge. the next night we had the same noise. i went along to the reception and took them along to our room ( 12 ) so they could hear it. He said it sounded like it was coming from the ventalation duct which had just been worked on it he did offer us a change of room but as this was past mindnight we refused. In the morning on checking out the nice lady on the reception said they were getting maintance to look into the noise and that she had already refunded me the 2nd nights charge. brilliant service and it will not stop us from returning.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Justmags

Thanks you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I would like to apologise once again for the noise you occurred during your stay.

I am glad to hear that the reception team dealt with your issues and resolved them for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Thank you to the staff at the Premier Inn for a very warm and friendly stay.
The rooms are as promised, simple and comfortable, perfect for a good night sleep! Close to the Royal Infirmary and city centre

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Hi Sjlynham, I appreciate that you have taken the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to read that your stay was perfect for a good night sleep. I look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Aberdeen.