“Did the job”

Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Grantown-on-Spey, United Kingdom
“Did the job”
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here as a family of 4 for 2 nights for a short break in Aberdeen. Staff on reception was very welcoming and friendly and we were sent straight to our room. The room was fairly fresh looking and very clean. Spacious enough for a family of four. The only small let down was noise from the room upstairs. Not very good sound-proofing and we had to listen to someone else's small child run riot until 11pm on both nights.
The area surrounding the hotel is probably it's biggest let down. It looks a bit scruffy and the restaurant next door looks extremely unappealing. Reading previous reviews we decided to give it a miss.
All in all an adequate stay but I think we will try a different hotel on our next visit.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Emmamacp, I am glad to read that you found our team to be welcoming and friendly. I am sorry to hear that you had noise from the room upstairs and if you could contact the hotel and advise us of your room number or reservation number, we would like to have the opportunity to sort this for you. Our telephone number is 01224789080 or alternatively you can email me on operationsmanager.aberdeencentralwest@whitbread.com . Again I do apologise and I look forward to hearing from you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Drumnadrochit, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Normal standard expect to receive from premier inn. Nice room warm and comfortable. Experienced a problem with booking but this was taken care of with no difficulty which you don't always get at other hotels. Would alway recommend them as you know you get good quality every time.

Hi Linda,

I appreciate that you have taken the time to write a review on your recent stay with us. I can only apologise again about the problem that you had whilst staying with us but I am delighted to read that we were able to sort this without any problems. Thank you for recommending us for our quality and we hope to see you again.
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed February 23, 2014

Premier Inn Anderson Drive Aberdeen
Review

Booked online for a short stay in Premier Inn Anderson Drive as I was sitting for a clinical examination at the Aberdeen Royal Infirmary.

The main reason why I chose Premier Inn: The location was perfect as it was a short 20minute walk from the inn to the examination centre.

Getting to the Premier Inn from Dyce Airport
Taxi 15-20minutes, about 6 GBP

Reception
We arrived at around 7PM and despite the cold weather we were given a warm welcome by the inn receptionist. After a brief check of the reservations and passport, we were handed a key and reminded of the sleep well guarantee.

Room
The room was clean, comfortable for 2 people. A window (locked for security reasons) revealed a view of a side street and a cluster of houses. The sheets were crisp and clean. You have a choice of firm or soft pillows (the softer version was kept in the clothes cabinet). The bed was firm and supportive and sleeping was no issue at all. We requested for a quiet zone and the room was perfect for studying with decent enough reading light (I used the dimmer to brighten the reading table). The room temperature can be regulated with the room’s thermostat quite easily.

Toilet
The toilet was clean on our arrival. Manual flush toilet, no additional noise from the unit itself on use. There were 2 faucets on the sink, one for hot water and the other for cold water. Handsoap (foamy!) was available via dispenser. The bathtub was equipped with no slip grip on the flooring. The traditional bath soap was nowhere to be seen and in its place was a dispenser for body wash. The temperature of the water from the shower was easily adjusted and one can enjoy a hot shower in no time at all. We had no issues with the towels.

Internet access
One can avail of the free internet for 30minutes every day, but if you wish to have more internet access time, you can fork up 3 GBP for 24hrs use via voucher or as additional charge on your credit card.

Next door was the Cocket Hat where buffet breakfast is offered (pay an additional 9GBP per head on the online booking) from 7AM to 9AM. Lunch and dinner is also served, with 10.99GBP for dinner for two (except drinks). Lots of choices for meals available and the servings very generous. We thought the salad needed a little more dressing though.

Breakfast options include various cereals, muesli, croissants, white and wheat bread, chocolate muffins, bacon, sausages, eggs (sunny side up or scrambled), baked beans, roasted tomatoes, and buttered mushrooms. To wash all those down one can have coffee, tea, cranberry juice, orange juice, apple juice or plain water. I was happy with how the food tasted and had my fill every breakfast.

They offer free wifi, however no matter how hard we tried we couldn’t get access. Asked the staff how to get on line however she wasn't sure as well.

Others
If you wish to iron your clothes, you can borrow the iron and ironing table from reception.

Leaving for the Airport
Check out at 12noon consisted of just handing over the key to the receptionist. The reception can arrange for a taxi ride back to the airport. The waiting time was very brief as the cab arrived within 5minutes of the call.

Overall: Very pleasant stay. Staff very helpful and accommodated our requests promptly. They actively request for feedback at every opportunity and even send a survey form to your email address to rate their service.

Room Tip: Request for a quiet zone room
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Keoki-Cervelo, Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn Anderson Drive. I do hope that you did well in your exams at ARI. I am glad to read that the reception team gave you a warm welcome and you found your room to be clean and comfortable. Thank you for your comments with regards to the restaurant, The Cocket Hat, this is not a Whitbread Restaurant so I will be sure to pass on your comments to the Manager. Thank you again for taking the time to give us feedback and I do hope that we can welcome you back to Aberdeen on your next stay,
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Recently stayed here for 5 nights. As always rooms were spotless and very comfortable. The staff were very helpful and we booked about 4 months before and got good prices, however we did not eat at the cocktail hat this time as it still seemed very quiet and my last meal there was terrible.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Hello Valbanks,

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at Premier Inn Anderson Drive. I am pleased to read that your room was spotless and comfortable and the team were helpful during your stay. I can only apologise on behalf of the Restaurant (Orchid Group) regarding your last meal there and I hope that when you return you will have a better meal if you choose to eat there. I hope that we can welcome you back to Aberdeen when you retrun.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

Room was great what you always expect in premiere inn staff very friendly on reception we had someone above us who sounded like they were running a marathon in their room which kept us awake both nights.
The restaurant was terrible food was disgusting and had taken far too long to come out many people walked out and they had run out of a lot of food and drinks and the bar attendants were very unfriendly the only friendly one was the girl on at breakfast time. For value stay was okay wouldn't come back
Tho due to not sleeping very well.

• Stayed February 2014
Hello Alanaleeli,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Premier Inn Anderson Drive on your recent stay to Aberdeen. I am glad that you found the reception team friendly. I do apologise with regards to your noisy neighbours, if you can contact me at the hotel, I would like to have the opportunity to sort this for you. The telephone number is 01224789080 and my email address is operationsmanager.aberdeencentralwest@whitbread.com .
I also apologise for the service that you have received within the restaurant, although this is not a Whitbread owned restaurant I can certainly pass your comments to the General Manager there.
Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay with us and I look forward to hearing from you.
Isle of Bute, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

We found our room to be clean and spacious. The additon of a comfy chair in the family room is a first and made our stay all the more comfortable. The staff were friendly and helpful. The only negative was the family meal that we had in The Cocket Hat. We had to ask where our food was as it took so long to arrive and when it arrived it truly wasn;t worth the wait. Lessons in food presentation are definitely needed in this establishment. My recommendation is to stay at the hotel and eat elsewhere!

1 Thank Ann D
Laura M, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Hi Ann, I appreciate you taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us here at Premier Inn Anderson Drive. I am glad you found your room to be clean and spacious and that the comfy chair made your stay more comfortable. I can only apologise on behalf of the Cocket Hat for your experience as it is a separate company but I can assure you that I will be passing on your comments to them. I do hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 7, 2014

I stay in Aberdeen very frequent for work Business purposes,and find it hard to find good hotel,this hotel I find allways very clean and helpfull staff,always and have good stay here,this week as allways it is very hard midweek to find hotel,I found Sarah on Reception this week and found her to be very helpfull in finding me room for the week. Top marks for Sarah. And also special mention to all on Reception desk here. So 5 stars for Sarah.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Hello Andrew,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us, all feedback helps us improve! I am glad that you found the hotel very clean and our staff helpful. Sarah will be thrilled to know that you have found her to be very helpful. We all look forward to welcoming you back to Anderson Drive Premier Inn in the future. Thanks again.