“Cocket Hat lets it down bad!!”

Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is well situated within easy reach by car of city centre and all amenities. Hotel staff were friendly and helpful. Room was clean but a bit tight for space - two adults, toddler bed and cot. However the associated restaurant (Cocket Hat) was dark, dingie and unappealing!! We only ate there the first morning for breakfast but detested the place! Staff were ok but place was as described and toilet was grotty & smelly! Breakfast mediocre at best! Would not recommend!!

• Stayed: April 2013
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your review of your stay with us at the Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive. I am glad to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us at the hotel however I’m disappointed to read that you found the room to be cramped during your stay.

The Cocket Hat next to the hotel that provides breakfast for us is owned and operated by Orchid. As this is not a Whitbread site there is very little that we can do to influence service at the Cocket Hat.

I am happy to say that the Cocket Hat will be refurbished in the next few months once all the planning is finalised.

I hope you will stay with us at North Anderson Drive on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive

Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

stayed here(1 night) while visiting family. first impresstions were not too good but room wass lovley, very clean, and bed was massive. great nights sleep we did not eat at the restraunt nxt door the crocket hat i think as the reviews wernt very good. only took 5mins into city centre for a lovley meal at the filling station.

• Stayed: March 2013
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us and that you liked the massive bed in your room.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive on you next trip up visiting family.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Hotel really clean spacious rooms and kind staff which were really helpful. Breakfast not as good as other premier inns not all advertised contents breakfast available and some staff here so miserable clearly disliked their jobs which impacted on service. Was a bit grubby glasses and buffet table at times. Been to bridge muckhart premier before and would go back there over this one due to eating establishment

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable hotel stay with us during your time in Aberdeen.

I have mentioned previously on this forum that the Cocket Hat that provides breakfast for the hotel is owned and operated by Orchid. As the Cocket Hat is not part of the Whitbread estate there is very little that I can do to directly affect your experience with them.

I do know that the Pub will be given a long overdue refurbishment in the next few months once all the planning has been finalised. If you feel strongly about the experience that you had while dining with them I can only suggest that you comment directly on the Cocket Hat page on tripadvisor.com.

Kind regards

Reviewed May 4, 2013

Having stayed here before it was great! Booked again stealing the last room on booking.com, it was a disabled room which I was quite happy with ie plenty of room, after traveling from Glasgow I decided to take a bath only for the water to cover me just up to my knee the rest of my body could not be submerged in the water due to the depth again no big deal but the shower on is too powerful for the holder and pushes the shower head to the left forcing the water all over the floor it was soaking that I could wring out a towel twice!!! I ended up trying to shower having one hand on the shower head and trying to grab shower stuff to wash. Far from disabled friendly! Would hate to have problems showering and staying in this room, also room was booked for Two but one hand towel and one medium size towel. Cannot fault staff and rest of room but don't have a shower or try and have a relaxing bath unless you want to have a half hearted shower and half an inch deep in water when you come out bath.

• Stayed: May 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen North Anderson Drive. I am disappointed to read that you had problems with the shower in your room during your stay and I will look to rectify this problem immediately.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed the rest of your stay and the service from the team during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn North Anderson Drive on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights for a family wedding and chose here as close to the family . paid £97 for 3 nights and was dreading what it would be like . we arrived check in fast . End room on the top floor . could not complain it had what we needed . big bed , tv , bath , shower , hairdryer and towels etc . The bed was spotless with crisp white bedding . Room clean enough , only tiny lack of cleanliness was dust round the carpet edge and under the bed , mildew on shower head and bath rim and shower gel holder . we only asked once for room to be cleaned as we did have a couple of late getting up . When we arrived the room had been cleaned and fresh towels . Bed uncomfy after 3 nights but hey there never as good as your own . staff , no problems and always happy . Never heard any noise . Also pub next door absolutely fine .
Will definately stay in another premier inn.
Fantastic value .

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank YorkshireKebab

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive. I am disappointed to read that there were some minor cleanliness issues with your room. We will work harder to ensure that our first impressions are better and what you would expect of a Premier Inn.

I am delighted that you had an enjoyable stay and that you will look to use Premier Inn again in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn North Anderson Drive on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Once again, the premier inn staff are among the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever come across in a hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Room was very comfortable an spotlessly clean. Room was quiet, no complaints

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheena W

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive. I am delighted to read that you were given another friendly welcome by a Premier Inn and that we gave you nothing to complain about.

I hope you will continue to enjoy Premier Inn hospitality nation wide and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Premier Inn North Anderson Drive
Aberdeen

Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's your usual Premier Inn stuff. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and comfy and the shower was brilliant!
Downsides:
No. 1 - There was a large group of cheerleaders staying and the girls all congregated in the corridor squealing and shreiking all evening. I had to eventually call reception to get someone to deal with it as the noise was incredible - we couldn't hear the TV in our own room! The manager came and spoke to the parents within five minutes of me calling reception but I felt maybe the staff should have realised that a corridor of 20+ shrieking children might upset other guests before I had to phone. However the staff are not to blame for a swarm of cheerleaders staying at the hotel so I can't really hold them responsible for that!!
No. 2 - the attached restaurant the Cocket Hat. Avoid like the plague - it's awful. Dinner was utterly dreadful and the breakfast was decidedly average with limp bacon and possibly the worst fresh fruit salad I have ever come across. The coffee was dreadful but the rest of it was ok. The Kellogg's cereals were great in fact!
I would stay here again but I wouldn't eat a morsel in the Cocket Hat!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elanne
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay with us at the Premier Inn Anderson Drive Aberdeen. I am delighted to read that you found the room to be of the usual standard however I am disappointed that you experienced the problems that you did while staying with us.

It is very kind of you to admonish us of blame for the cheerleader girls causing a disturbance however lessons have been learned from that day. Your first impression is not the one that I wish for guests to have of this hotel. In hindsight of that night I would not be as expectant of the parents to control their children as I was and will probably not look to accept a booking like this again.

Hopefully we will welcome you back to Anderson Drive again in the future.

Premier Inn Anderson Drive