Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel
Ranked #35 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Once again, the premier inn staff are among the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever come across in a hotel. Nothing is too much trouble for them. Room was very comfortable an spotlessly clean. Room was quiet, no complaints

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sheena W
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen, North Anderson Drive. I am delighted to read that you were given another friendly welcome by a Premier Inn and that we gave you nothing to complain about.

I hope you will continue to enjoy Premier Inn hospitality nation wide and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Aberdeen.

Premier Inn North Anderson Drive

Reviewed April 15, 2013

It's your usual Premier Inn stuff. The staff were friendly, the room was clean and comfy and the shower was brilliant!
Downsides:
No. 1 - There was a large group of cheerleaders staying and the girls all congregated in the corridor squealing and shreiking all evening. I had to eventually call reception to get someone to deal with it as the noise was incredible - we couldn't hear the TV in our own room! The manager came and spoke to the parents within five minutes of me calling reception but I felt maybe the staff should have realised that a corridor of 20+ shrieking children might upset other guests before I had to phone. However the staff are not to blame for a swarm of cheerleaders staying at the hotel so I can't really hold them responsible for that!!
No. 2 - the attached restaurant the Cocket Hat. Avoid like the plague - it's awful. Dinner was utterly dreadful and the breakfast was decidedly average with limp bacon and possibly the worst fresh fruit salad I have ever come across. The coffee was dreadful but the rest of it was ok. The Kellogg's cereals were great in fact!
I would stay here again but I wouldn't eat a morsel in the Cocket Hat!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Elanne
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay with us at the Premier Inn Anderson Drive Aberdeen. I am delighted to read that you found the room to be of the usual standard however I am disappointed that you experienced the problems that you did while staying with us.

It is very kind of you to admonish us of blame for the cheerleader girls causing a disturbance however lessons have been learned from that day. Your first impression is not the one that I wish for guests to have of this hotel. In hindsight of that night I would not be as expectant of the parents to control their children as I was and will probably not look to accept a booking like this again.

Hopefully we will welcome you back to Anderson Drive again in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Arrived and staff great, they had forgotten to make up daughter bed, that was resolved as we were going out. Returning we got into bed, it was hard and we could feel the coils in the mattress, after battling about with soft/hard pillows and having to share with our daughter as she had only one, we had to listen to the drunks going down the corridor at 3am.

So shattered at 7, methinks a shower will perk me up, I had to plaster myself against the tiles to get a dribble of water, sounded loud and powerful, but ultimately puny. The luxury imperial leather soap was cheap green stuff, which was not pleasant.

Anyway at reception I mentioned my first dissappointment with premier inn, sadly their machine was off line so they could not refund me at that time, I am still waiting on the refund.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Gobbsmak
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you for your review. It really matters to us that our guests have a comfortable nights sleep, and I am sorry that on this occasion we failed to provide this. Please be assured that at we take all feedback seriously and we would like the opportunity to investigate these issues further. Please email your booking details including your reservation number to talktous@premierinn.com and we will follow this up with the Management Team. Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

My wife and I stayed one night because of the price and location. We know Aberdeen well, but hotel prices are too expensive. We received the usual Premier Inn welcome and no fuss. Comfortable room and bed, and heating excellent. Our room and corridor was very quiet.
Underneath the bed needed vacuumed - but otherwise everything was clean. We did not eat at the next door Cocket Hat for the following reason. The front entrance is so unwelcoming with literally hundreds of cigarette butts scattered all over the ground. Was this a week's collection or over a few days - no-one had cleaned up. This establishment is not a welcome sight for any hungry visitors, and we are non-smokers. It was obvious this eating facility is also the 'local' pub as well. The restaurant is tired looking and needs refurbished. The front door of The Cocket Hat is the smoking area for patrons and smells disgusting. One look at all the cigarette butts and we headed off to eat our evening meal at another nearby hotel and left Premier Inn next morning, with the combined view that breakfast would be elsewhere. This eating facility in our opinion requires serious attention as soon as possible. Ugh!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Anderson Drive. I am delighted to read that you were happy with your room however I am disappointed to read that under your bed was not as clean as it should have been. I have passed this feedback on to the housekeeping team so they will endeavour to not let this happen again.

As for the Cocket Hat I am sorry that you were given the impression that you were about it. My most constructive and considered advice would be if you have the time to post a review here on TripAdvisor on the Cocket Hat’s own review page to allow you to receive direct feedback from the management at the Cocket Hat.

I hope that we will welcome you back in the future and that this finds you well.

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I was seeking a Hotel for 3 Nights on Business in Aberdeen
I have stayed at several Premier Inns in other cities
Aberdeen Hotels-due to the OIl Industry demand are EXPENSIVE and poor value
I booked Anderson Drive for its proximity to my venue -as Taxi availability/Traffic volume in Aberdeen can be problematical

OBJECTIVES
Location -on the main Anderson Drive -central for both my venue and if the Weather is good -a reasonable (c30 min ) walk into town
Restaurant -Cocket Hat -historically came with the Hotel (the Hotel was run previously as the Cocket Hat before Premier took it over)-serves typica Pub food/Service

SUBJECTIVES
First Impressions
On arrival the Cocket Hat is the initial building you see -it appears tired on the outside
Adequate Car Parking is available
The Hotel section -greeted on arrival was typical Premier Inn -and no issues
ROOM
I had room 20 -ground floor looked over the back of flats /masin road -statring to look slightly tired and athroom too -but still adequate
BATHROOM HVAC
There was noise coming from the HVAC -ducting -other extractor fans in other rooms left on -I had to close the Bathroom door to eliminate most of this noise
HEATING
Is an electric resitance unit -this gtoo I switched off due to the clicking off/on
A colleague reported he could not get enough heat out of his unit in another room and was cold overnight (it was c-3C outside )
RESTAURANT
Cocket Hat -this is tired and DIRTY -I visited the first night to have a drink and the tables were sticky -I decided not to eat there -either for breakfast or dinner
Rat traps wre visible outside the property
Colleagues who ate there reported breakfast was OK -dinner was average (tough steak etc)
OVERVIEW
Aberdeen -is expensive due to the Oil Industry
This Premier lived up to expectations ref room standard -but only just
It was however poor value for money
On site Restaurant -was not attractive and certainly did not make me want to eat there(borne out by colleagues experiences)
CONCLUSION
Its Ok for necessity /business -but Id certainly not choose for leisure
Premier Inn however still remains my default search

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SKYLOW
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Thank you for the detailed review of you stay at Premier Inn Anderson Drive Aberdeen. I am glad that you posted such a detailed review as this enables me to act on your comments in a concise manner. There is an inaccuracy in your post that I wish to address first however.

The Cocket Hat is not part of the hotel or even owned by Whitbread, which is Premier Inn’s parent company. We have an arrangement with Orchid Pub’s the owners of the Cocket Hat that enables us to provide the Premier Breakfast to our guests through them. As part of our arrangement we are also able to allow Business Account customers to charge their evening meals to their Premier Inn Business Account even though it is not a Whitbread business.

As part of this arrangement we are happy to display the menu for the Cocket Hat in our rooms and in our reception area. I have no power to effect change in any aspect of your dining experience at the Cocket Hat as it is part of a company that I do not work for.

With regard to your comments about your room and the rate you paid I agree with you 100%. I agree that the rooms are looking lived in more than I would like. I agree that the bathrooms could be better especially the extraction. I agree the heating could be better than the electric units that we have for the coldest hotel location in the Premier Inn estate. Finally I agree that the rate is, compared to Premier Inn’s in other locations expensive.

I would have to debate that we offer poor value however. We are in a highly competitive market place and offer a consistently good quality product. The market drives the rate and in comparison to our competition in Aberdeen I would say percentage wise we offer the same value as Premier Inn’s in other city locations. Due to the high demand for rooms in Aberdeen we are not as easily able to maintain our rooms as other city location Premier Inn’s throughout the UK. Yet we at Anderson Drive work had to provide the consistent quality that Premier Inn guests have come to enjoy.

I am happy to read that Premier Inn will remain as your default search when you are away from home and hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night .We had looked at other nearby hotels who were slightly cheaper but this one looked better. The staff were friendly.the room spotless and well equipped and the beds comfortable extra coffee and milk was provided on request..The check in was swift and efficient and we were told about bar meals in the next door pub the Cocket Hat. We had a lovely bar meal there at a reasonable price and although it was very busy we were dealt with swiftly. Breakfast was served here and the manager was very friendly. The full breakfast was very good and you could eat as much as you liked, it was also piping hot.
The only negative was the outside of the pub would have looked nicer if the cigarette bin had been emptied and the cigarette ends swept up !! However that doesn't take away how good the food was.
We were attending the nearby hospital and will definitely use it again.,

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you for the kind review of your stay at the Premier Inn Anderson Drive Aberdeen. I am delighted to read that you had and enjoyable stay and that you discovered our team to be friendly and your room to be spotless.

The team at the Cocket Hat will be delighted that you enjoyed your meals with them and I will be sure to pass your feedback to the team the next time I see them.

We look forward to your next visit and wish you all the best until then.

Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with work at the end of feb/ beginning of March. The hotel itself is great - nice big comfy beds, spotlessly clean and very helpful efficient check in staff.

I am very surprised that Premier Inn would be associated with the pub next door called The Cocket Hat.

If you like your pub/restaurants filthy, with unpleasant food and full of screaming kids from a nearby council estate running round then this is the place for you. After you've waded through the mounds of cigarette butts to get into the place it all goes down hill.

Great hotel but do yourself a favour & get a taxi somewhere else to eat

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank InvernessMatt1971
Alan S, Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen (Anderson Drive) Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for the review of your stay with us at the Premier Inn Anderson Drive Aberdeen. I am delighted to read that your stay at the hotel was so great.

The Cocket Hat is owned and operated by Orchid and all I can do in regard to your feedback about your experience with them is to pass on your remarks to the pub manager at our next monthly meeting.