“Very Good”

Ranked #25 of 684 Restaurants in Aberdeen
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Amarone is the ideal venue for a gathering of family, friends or business associates and is situated in a prime location on Union Street in the heart of Aberdeen's city centre. Join us and enjoy the ambience of our newest, stylish, contemporary Milanese restaurant and pizzeria. Not only will you experience fine dining at Amarone Aberdeen, but it provides an ideal location to meet for breakfast, pre and post dinner drinks. With a wide range of the finest Italian wines, Prosecco, Champagne and an Italian inspired cocktail list, the bar will not doubt become a favourite venue for the discerning locals and visitors alike.Whether you require a little privacy for a special occasion or there's a big event in the diary, look no further. Our private dining rooms are perfectly suited for a business meeting, quiet evening out or a notable celebration - suitable for groups of up to 40 people.
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Very Good”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

I must confess I'd not really noticed the arrival of Amarone, so was looking forward to trying it out. I was in a party of five and overall we found it very enjoyable. The food is not the cheapest, but to offset this, four out of the five had no qualms. The fifth thought her dish had probably spent more time than was optimal on the pass.

Two points in Amarone's favour are a) the booth seating is designed to allow real people to sit comfortably! Too often restaurants try to shave off a few inches of space to increase the available covers leading to an uncomfortable eating experience b) hot food served on hot plates - it's amazing how often restaurants get this basic requirement wrong.

Amarone is a welcome addition to Aberdeen's restaurant scene and providing standards don't slip, I'd expect it to be a success.

• Visited January 2014

• Greek first
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
“Great food, service, atmosphere and amazing place to eat overall!”
Reviewed January 18, 2014

Came to Aberdeen for vacation and needed a place to eat one night, heard from a friend that this restaurant was very nice so I had high expectations... and they were met with exceptional standards! I was eating alone and had asked to be seated by the bar to not take up space as it was a busy night, and it had no affect on the venue's incredible and modern, yet authentic, atmosphere. I started off with the minestrone soup and a soft drink which had arrived in almost a matter of seconds, it was delicious and i found myself not being able to stop eating it. I finished the soup quickly and later on ordered the chicken, pine nut and lemon salad and was astounded at its quality. I finished this quickly as well and unfortunately had no room for dessert. Throughout the night I was waited on by a very attentive, kind and sociable server, the food and drinks came very quickly and were handled with professionalism. Overall one of my top experiences in any restaurant - not just in Aberdeen. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for great food and a great time, I was really impressed with the venue and would consider Amarone as one of the best places I had ever eaten at.

• Visited December 2013
Scotland
“First time, impressed”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Went for a midweek meal and was busy which is a good thing. Was left just standing for a bit at entrance whilst table was prepared even though we had booked. Couldn't fault the food at all all very nice, contemporary portions rather than large portions meant 3 courses easy to handle! One observation was we were served by a few different people, doesn't bother me though. Expensive but would certainly return.

“Best Meal in Aberdeen!”
Reviewed January 16, 2014 via mobile

Wow...this was the tastiest meal that I had in Aberdeen. The restaurant is chic & modern. My server was very attentive. 5 Stars for the Halibut in lemon butter sauce & sautéed spinach!!!

Scotland
“Great food”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Really enjoyed our meal here - the meals were quick out and delicious. The scallops were very tasty and the pizza was massive, I could barely eat it all! Great wine, food and service - I am already planning to go back next week, and then again with work!

• Visited January 2014