“Totally wonderful experience”

Cuisines: Asian, Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 18, 2014

I felt like being back home..loved the food completely..service was excellent and atmosphere was awesome..cheers to kaami :)

2  Thank vamsikrishnayp

Reviewed February 17, 2014

Outstanding - I'm no stranger to Shri Bheemas but a new job meant a night out to celebrate was required. Rather than looking through the menu and trying to decide I left the call to our waiter - the prawn starter was fantastic and the lamb mos mos (not on the menu apparently?) was exceptional.

2  Thank MartAberdeen
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had the bad idea of going to this restaurant on a Sunday, and I don't recommend it. There were hardly any customers and therefore we were served food that was not of prime freshness. They shouldn't open the restaurant on Sundays if they are not able to provide the same quality of service as the other days. My aubergine curry was very thick, oily and heavy and was hard to digest. The rest of the food was ok but not great and not fresh. The tea cups and sugar bowl were dirty.

The staff was friendly at first but got overly familiar with me and my husband, which got clearly uncomfortable after a while.

Furthermore, my husband was pressurized to write a Tripadvisor review onsite as a "favour" to the waiter (?!), before we even paid the bill, which I thought was distasteful and rather unprofessional. I decided to write my review later, at home!

All these elements combined made the experience a bad one, and I'm afraid we will avoid this restaurant in the future and won't be recommending it to our friends.

Keep Pudin Hara or other digestion tablets close by!

4  Thank SimhaABZ
Reviewed February 16, 2014

We had a voucher and this was the second time we visited this place. It was hard to find it the first time but it was not easier the second time as well. It would be good to put some sign boards indicating the way. Nice ambience, good food, friendly staff and good service. It was a nice relaxed evening.

2  Thank Rishi G
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Visited the restaurant for a Saturday evening meal having visited the city centre restaurant with some work colleagues.

Had difficulty finding the restaurant, which appears to be in the old function suite of the Parkway Lounge Bar, only indication was a small Restaurant sign in the window but we only saw that after we called the restaurant from the car. When we arrived at 6pm the restaurant was empty but soon filled up and was reasonably busy by the time we finished. The restaurant felt cold initially but I didn't feel it too cold after the food arrived.

We had a couple of Dosa dishes for starters which were good but probably a bit too much for a starter. For main course we had the Chicken Chettinad and Chicken Patia with extra chillis both of which were very flavoursome with rich flavours. The rice and garlic naan were also excellent. Portion size was just right.

Service was attentive and friendly and the food was served quickly. Price was probably a bit above average but still reasonable.

1  Thank amcintosh12