“Well-placed budget hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
London
“Well-placed budget hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2009

The rooms are rather small and ours was very stuffy. However, this is a very conveniently situated hotel in the city centre allowing quick and easy access to almost anywhere you would want to go to in Aberdeen.

Good self-service breakfast and the hotel has a restaurant & bar for the evening but we chose to go out given the large amount of restaurants/bars nearby.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Premier_Inn, Guest Relations Advisor at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 17, 2009
Thanks for your feedback. At Premier Inn we endeavour to offer the best value quality stay. All feedback both positive and negative is investigated and acted upon to ensure we are offering our customers the best possible service.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Greek first
Minneapolis, Minnesota
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

Very classic Premier Inn. We stayed with a young child and an infant for one night.

We did get a handicap room which was large. Temperature in the room was a little cold with no way to increase the heat and the windows didn't shut all the way. You had 2 light choices: either had all lights on which was very bright or 4 small side lights that were too dim, and one of them didn't work. Only one small dim light for the bathroom, and chrome bath furnishings was peeling off. Also at times the water just wouldn't come out of the faucets. Room was clean otherwise and no problems with a crib. Staff was friendly and helpful to basic questions. Place was very quiet and the parking lot was probably 4/5 full.

Parking lot under the place was at least free but I doubt that they checked it the night that we were there as there was a car parked in the drop off zone all night long and nothing was done about it.

They did have a place for breakfast, but pricey and there were many places to eat just a short 5 minute walk away so we did that instead.

They did allow us late check out but the electronic keys were deactivated anyway at the routine check out time.

Although cheap rates, we had a feeling that this was a cheap hotel and basic. Very similar to a 2 star hotel room in the USA. We will try other accommodations next time we are in this town.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Premier_Inn, Guest Relations Advisor at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 16, 2009
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2009

My friend and I were very happy with our stay in Premier Inn Aberdeen. The reception staff were extremely helpful as indeed were the staff in the restaurant. Very convenient hotel if travelling without a car; only a short walk to shops etc. I would happily stay here again should I be in vicinity of Aberdeen.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
Limerick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

We booked double room two nights,arrived after midnight but they could only give us a twin room, after booking back in early May. Room was facing the back yard, terrible noises all night, delivery trucks etc. We complained the next morning. We were told the room problem was due to a fault in the computer system during the previous day. The matter was addressed by staff member, Claire I think. We were allocated a another room, double, luggage was shifted for us and the charge for the first night was refunded.
Breakfast was reasonbly good, they had porridge on request, more than we found in other establishments. Staff were quite nice.Other members of the group had a good report on the eveneing meal.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2009

In the US, budget hotels are crummy and I expected the same from the Premier Inn. This one however was so much better. Totally clean. The woman who checked us in was very friendly and helped us with finding a good pub for the evening.

I can't vouch for any other Premier Inns, but this one was great, especially for the price. It is 2 minutes walk from Union Street. On-site parking. Lobby and rooms were fresh and up to date.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
lancashire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2009

I found the hotel to be good, however from about 02.00 till 04.00 students were whailing screaming and fighting outside, when that stopped noisy wagons were reversing with the warning horns sounding, hardly a wink of sleep all night,

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
Ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

I stayed in this hotel for five nights at the beginning of April ('09). From the moment I tried to check-in the staff were unfriendly and unhelpful. Two nights of my stay were being paid for by a company and I was paying the other three nights myself - I had already explained all this over the phone when making the booking, but when I arrived it was apparently a major inconvience to the staff who simply couldn't understand this. A manager was called and she was extremly rude, snapping at me, demanding my 'proof' that a company were paying for two nights of my stay. After a few moments, she obviously realised that the company had already paid for my room, but rather than apologising, she simply handed me my room key and walked off. This was the first time I had ever been to Aberdeen but the reception staff didn't ask if I needed any help and were completely unapproachable. I decided to figure out the city by myself rather than have to speak to some one at the front desk again.

Over my five night stay, my room key stopped working several times (which judging by the reception staff's hostility towards me, was entirely my fault...). The room cleaners didn't replace toliet roll or hand soap which was irritating. Check out time was 12 noon but at 11.50 a.m. as I was finishing packing my suitcase, I had cleaning staff knocking on my door, demanding to know why I hadn't left yet - this really pissed me off and I thought it was the height of rudeness.

My only complaint about the hotel however is about the staff. The room itself was comfortable (though very small) and the hotel is just a couple mins walk from the main street which is very handy. I wouldn't recommend it for first-time visitors to Aberdeen as you'll get no help whatsoever from the reception staff, but it's good for business stays.

Overall, a good hotel which is downgraded by the openly hostile and completely unhelpful reception staff - the whole lot need to be fired!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business