“Went there for dinner.”

Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Went there for dinner.”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Stayed in Holiday Inn Express 21/6/14, they do not do evening meals. Knowing Premier Inn from many visits have adjacent inexpensive eateries, decided to seek one out. However found this Premier Inn has it's own restaurant within the hotel. The reception area was rather bland, and the restaurant rather darkly lit. The staff were attentive and polite. The food was good and enjoyable, but a little more expensive know doubt because it was where it was.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Trevor5845,

I would like to thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed your evening meal here and I will pass on your comments and try and resolve the issues of the darkly lit restaurant. I am happy you found our staff polite and attentive.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Derek Anderson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
Glasgow, Scotland
Reviewed June 17, 2014

The lift was broken, we were told, and there were only rooms available on the fourth floor. The stairwell was so hot we were drenched in sweat when we arrived. Everything about the room was shabby and has definitely seen better days. We didn't get the promised Good Night's Kip as the room next door had an issue with the plumbing which kept making weird loud noises throughout the night every time the toilet flushed. The room was far too hot that (very muggy) night, and as no-one answered the phone the twice that we called to help us out with air conditioning or thermostat, we had to sleep with the windows open - seagulls, drunk students, and early-morning lorries driving up to King Street. The price, for some weird reason, was £50 more than it had been in the Premier Inn in LONDON we'd stayed in three days previously. London!
Never again. There are enough good quality B&Bs at a fraction of the price in Aberdeen. Never ever going back to this again.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the Premier Inn.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Lulamae_Barnes,

I would like to take the time to thank you for the feedback on our Premier Inn hotel.

I am disappointed to read that your recent stay was not a satisfactory one. If you would like to discuss the matter further, could you please contact me on 01224 624080 or my colleague Laura on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com I would like to have the opportunity to speak to you regarding the issues.

Lagos, Nigeria
Reviewed June 17, 2014 via mobile

Very spartan rooms with few amenities but a comfortable bed...no fridge in rooms (had to put drinks on the window sill).
Excellent breakfast selection with a proper Full English breakfast on offer...
Satisfactory restaurant.

Location was good and a walking distance from the bars and shops on Union street.
Overall, a decent if not spartan place to sleep.

• Stayed October 2013
Dear Jollofmaster,

thank you for your recent review on our City Centre hotel.

I am glad you enjoyed our location and breakfast within the hotel. I aplogise that the rooms were not up to your expectations. We are in the process of refurbing the hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Thank you again.

Derek Anderson.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

After travelling for 8 hours I finally arrived at the hotel. I had 2 laps of the car park looking for a space, I couldnt find one so I Parked up and went to the reception. I entered from the basement the first thing I saw was that the lift was out of action. I was booked in for 6 nights B&B and evening meal. The reception was not great. I asked about parking & was told there was a public car park 300 yards away. I said I couldnt leave the vehicle there as I had several thousand pounds worth of gear in the back. The receptionist wasnt very helpfull And said there wasnt anything she could do. I asked if she could book me into one of the other premier inns And she was telepathic & told me they were all full. I told her I wouldnt stay here & was told to please myself So I found somewhere else to stay

1 Thank 24melly
Dear 24melly,

I would like to take the time to thank you for your feedback on the hotel.

At the moment we are in the process of getting a refurbishment in the hotel and are trying to keep the disruption to a minimum. Due to the car park having limited spaces before and now shutting off most of it we are advising guests of alternative car parking.

If you would like to discuss the matter further then please call myself on 01224624080 or my colleague Laura on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com I would like to have the opportunity to speak to you regarding the issues.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 13, 2014

I stayed here with my husband. The room was ok but a little shabby. It was rather small. Student halls are very close and quite noisy at night. Double glazing keeps the room quiet. The parking is virtually non existent. It was difficult to find parking. We ended up getting a parking ticket because there was very poor telephone signal in the hotel. The seats in the restaurant are so close together you are virtually sitting on a stranger's lap. There is no room service.

Room Tip: Ask if you can be on the opposite side to student accommodation.
Dear Dawn M,

I would like to take the time to thank you for your feedback on our hotel.

I apologise, we are in the process of a refurb which will update the look of our hotel, and has caused some disruption to the car park which we do advise guests of alternative car parking.

If you would like to discuss your stay further then please call 01224624080.

Thank you again.

Derek Anderson
Rochdale
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Not to be told about severely reduced car parking after a long journey to then struggle to find parking anywhere near the hotel set the scene. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be a good stay.

Several people at reception complaining their key cards weren't now working were made to feel awkward having to ask for their key cards to be re activated. As the lifts are currently out of order 2 gentlemen were annoyed that this was the second time this had happened and were unhappy that they had had to walk again from the second floor.

I was lucky, I was given a room on the ground floor, a disabled access room. That's fine but the bed was like a Futon and not great compared to the usual premier inn bed.
I ate dinner the first night in the restaurant. Unfortunately a member of staff serving me had extremely bad personal hygiene issues in so much that I could smell his body odour every time he walked past. Not good.
Another, clearly brand new member of staff under no supervision or guidance was walking around a busy restaurant aimlessly, simply doing nothing! After half an hour of waiting for my food I enquirer as to it's whereabouts. He went to check. After 10 minutes he returned advising 'it won't be long. It arrived 10 minutes later. 40 mins for a medium rare steak! It took the same member of staff 15 minutes to organise my bill. In the end I went to the desk to pay!
Breakfast the following morning I was told there was a long wait for tables so I went without, more provision should be made to accommodate all customers for breakfast, I went hungry and premier inn lost the revenue.
On the second day I returned to the hotel after meetings to find the chambermaid had simply shaken the duvet and that was it. Towels still over the bath, bin not emptied, no effort at all, which for £278.00 for 2 night stay I would suggest that isn't acceptable. Also on the second day I too had to go back to reception to reactivate my key card as I couldn't get into my room. I was asked several security questions by the same person who checked me in the day before.
Generally one of the poorest premier inn's I have stayed in on business, I will revert back to marriott I future when on business in Aberdeen
I did get breakfast on the second day. I ordered 2 poached eggs to go with bacon and beans. Cold beans, had to be reheated, and again after 15 minutes I had to ask if the eggs were ready! Nice strong coffee which was great in fact I would have liked another coffee to take away with me as it states £8.25 for full breakfast as much as you like. I was refused to take a coffee out with me unless I paid! Ok I won't bother. Thanks.
Much nicer hotels than this in Aberdeen for the business traveller, this hotel isn't well equipped to deal with such people

Dear Nathanoj,

i would like to take the time to thank you for your feedback on our Premier Inn City Centre hotel and i apologise for the unpleasant stay you have had with us..

I am disappointed to read that your recent stay was not a satisfactory one. If you could please contact me on 01224 624080 or my colleague Laura on f&bmgraberdeencc.pi@whitbread.com I would like to have the opportunity to speak to you regarding the issues.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2014

First time stay at premier inn city centre, it was fantastic. There was a few minors due to refurbishment , nothing that anyone could do about it. Didn't bother me or my husband.
(Everything gets worse to get better) is what they all say :-)

Checking in was quick and great by Scott- in training. Job well suited for him, very friendly and chatty. Was even offered to carry my bags upstairs, one word- gentleman!

After me and my husband went for a walk around the town we came back to the restaurant for dinner, great service was welcomed by Emma very smiley and chatty girl and sat straight away. Sabrina I think it was small, fair hair. very presentable. Fantastic service. Drink was taking to the table, was offered by Emma if we would like her to pour our wine. Sabrina asking if we would like the window open as it was a bit warm.

All restaurant team and reception fantastic. All offered that extra mile.
I shall be booking for my next vacation and will be recommending this to friends.

Thank you for our great stay see you again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Helen7919,

I would like to take the time and thank you for you lovely review. I am glad you had a pleasant stay with us here at City Centre.

I apologise about the disruption caused by our refurb at the moment, we are trying to keep things as smooth as possible, to make it an enjoyable stay.

I will pass on all the lovely comments to Scott, Emma, Sabina and the team, all feedback is appreciated.

Thank you again, and we will hopefully welcome you back to City Centre again in the future.

Derek Anderson.