“Lovely staff in restaurant”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night with my boyfriend and our 2 young daughters. Took one star off because our room was cold but apart from that we had a lovely overnight stay and the staff this morning in the restaurant for breakfast couldn't have been any nicer. Great food too!

Stayed: November 2013
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2013

Hello Weebroon,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we are very grateful for all feedback we receive.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us at City Centre. I am sorry to hear that your room wasnt the warmest. In future, if you stay at City Centre we do have additinal heaters to put into the rooms.

We do hope to see you again in the future.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed November 19, 2013

This premier inn is situated in an ideal location if you are wanting to explore Aberdeen City centre on foot. It is near to Union street, bars, restaurants, art galleries and the maritime museum. It is also only a 15 minute walk to the beach or a 5 minute drive by car. The promenade is well worth a walk on.

Be warned you do have to pay £10.00 for 24 hour car parking which is not clearly noted when booking. However, as the hotel is so reasonable in price an extra £10.00 still makes this a very affordable city centre hotel. Hotel staff were friendly and happy to provide advice on local attractions and rrestaurants. My husband and I will definitely return again for a weekend break.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello Kate R,

I am glad to hear that the destination of the hotel was at great use for you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. Staff at City Centre are always there to help.

I am happy to hear that you will be visiting City Centre again. We shall see you again in the future.

Thanks again for the great feedback, i shall pass it onto all departments.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The staff were very good, polite and willing to serve. The service was 100% could not fault. However, the hotel is tired and in need of a bit of an update! Don't stay very often in hotels and this maybe the norm but no telephone in room, not everyone has a mobile and in an emergency you may not be able to find your phone and if you do a charge of 10p per minute we feel is a bit steep. Hotel well situated for the city centre.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Hello BrandyHampshire,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we appreciate all feedback we receive.

I am happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us and it was great for you.
Our hotel is due for a refurbishment in April 2014 so that will rejuvinate the hotel.

Thank you for your great feedback regarding the staff, i shall pass this onto all departments.

Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is well located if you plan to enjoy both the city centre and the university area/old Aberdeen. Rooms are nice and clean, sometimes cold but the heating is very fast. The window lets some road noise pass through, but not too much and this did not affect sleep at all. Nice mattresses, good duvet and large selection of different pillows to choose from. The continental breakfast is very scarce, I didn't find by croissant even though they were printed on the menu/advertisement. I've tried a burger at the restaurant. It was ok but the meat was a bit overcooked. Wifi internet is provided for a daily or weekly fee. At the time of booking, it was the cheapest option near the university. Overall, it's a good choice for Aberdeen, if you skip the restaurant.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2013

Hello Andrea G,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedbak, we are very grateful for all feedback we receive.

I am glad to hear City Centre was at your satisfactory, and you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am sorry to hear that your meal at the restaurant was not very good, thank you for the positive feedback as i can pass this onto the kitchen and take action.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Have been staying here quite alot over the past few months with no problems however after a 3 night stay upon leaving noticed I had been given a parking ticket while parked in car park but as I was running late for work had no time to go back to query this so hoping that perhaps management can perhaps explain why this happened in response to my review as doubt if I l be staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2013

Hello Billystephen09

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

LPS now control our car park to offer more secure parking for our guests. I would like to apologise for the inconvenience you incurred during your stay. If you could contact the hotel we will insure your ticket is dealt with.

I hope this clarifies the situation and we will see you again at Aberdeen city centre in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Overall not a bad hotel. Car parking charge is unacceptable. Hotel is centrally located in the city so no need to drive.food in restaurant is not bad. The staff friendly. Rooms are clean and functional

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Hello Robert P

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

LPS now control our car park to ensure more secure parking for our guests. The fee has now been reduced to £5 for 24 hours.

I am glad you found the team friendly.

I look forward to welcoming you back to city centre in the future.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I booked a long weekend at this Premier Inn at a bargain price. My plan was to spend three days walking in the nearby hills.
All the staff I met were polite and helpful. My room was to the usual Premier Inn standard with the exception of the bathroom fan which was really loud. The room was well shielded from outside noise.
The problem arose from inside noise on two of the four nights. It would seem that this hotel is popular with night clubbers and they don’t care how much noise they make on their return in the early hours. I had noted on checking in that the normal proactive mention of the ‘good night guarantee’ was muted. It is probably a bankrupt notion at this particular inn. If you have been rudely awakened in the middle of the night and wound up enough to ring a premium rate number your nights sleep is ruined. On the first occasions staff did attend and the shouting was reduced to loud talking. On the second occasion I asked staff to attend to ask the occupants to turn off loud music before they went out. After this red flag they still made a loud return at 4am. I was getting up at six and the toll of lost sleep impaired my day.
The solution to this problem is not easy, but I would suggest a security man in slippers to proactively patrol. Also a downstairs room to calm down in might help.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo

Hello Tundraboy,

I would like to apologise for the noise during your stay, and the discomfort this caused you. We do have our Good Night Guarantee policy and i hope you used this due to your stay not being the best.

Thank you for all the other great feedback, i shall pass this onto the team at all departments.

I hope we see you again in the future.