“Short Break”

Ranked #6 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
Whitburn
“Short Break”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Read some reviews which on the whole were positive, however some said the hotel was dated and in need of an upgrade.
Our room on the first floor was small however in fairness the bed was reasonably large a took up a good part of the room. The room was clean and tidy for all of the three nights, unfortunately it was very warm as was all of the hotel from walking in the front door. One of the cleaners even complained to me about how warm it was. We did have the window open and the fan on which was provided in the room. We stayed here mid August.

Dont let this put you off, the hotel was close to the city centre and looked very busy to me and overall the room was good and certainly not dated and if the price is right would have no issue with staying here again.

A word of warning, according to the receptionist they are going to start charging for there car park and would be an additional expense.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello GordyWhitburn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate all feedback we recieve.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for the great feedback.

I agree the rooms are very warm due to Aberdeens nice weather, we do have fans for the room for all guests to use. Please dont hesitate to ask all staff are here to help.

Kind Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
  • Greek first
Orkney Islands
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Dont expect a place in the car park, it is far to small to guarantee all guest a place to park. The rooms are very very hot. Other than that very Average.
Very central location,traffic noise starts around 6am and get worse until after 10am. Good location to stay for hospital visits.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Hello Sue M,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback.

I apologise for any inconvienence on your stay. We do take in all feedback and pass it onto the relevant departments.

Kirkcaldy, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Very well positioned hotel for visiting the City of Aberdeen. Limited parking is available for those with cars. Accommodation was as expected from Premier Inn. Meals are as advertised. We had a couple of evening meals in the hotel and were pleased with them, otherwise we ate out in the city, whilst exploring. I will not hesitate in using this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hello Langtoun-Wullie,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we appreciate all feedback we recieve.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and glad the restaurant stood up to your expectations. We shall pass your feedback onto the restaurant. Unfortunatly due to our city centre location we do have a limited car park.

Once again thank you for your feedback, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

After booking, I was a bit concerned that this hotel would be a little disappointing, as I was staying with my wife and mother in law.
What a surprise !!!!
I had phoned the previous day to arriving to ask if my mother in law could access her room prior to 2pm as we were due at the hotel at about 11am and bing a little older would need o have a sleep. On arrival we were greeted with free tea/coffee and our rooms were available.
The rooms were clean/bright although lacked air conditioning.
That night we had a great meal in the restaurant and after a great nights sleep we had a great breakfast.
Please don't be put off with the picture of the hotel on the web site it looks like this but inside it s a true gem to stay. With great access to shops/beach and night life.
Problem with parking on site was my only criticism, top place to stay for business or socially

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Hello LOVEHOLIDAYS160758,

I am glad your stay was upto your standards and enjoyful. We like to keep our guests happy.

Thank you for the great feedback, i shall pass it on to all departments in the hotel.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed here in May for one night, one of the better Premier Inn's i've stayed in. I didn't spend much time in the hotel but it was easy to find, parking was fine, location in the city is really good, staff really friendly, check in/out all fine, room was clean and couldn't complain, usual prem inn decor. Best thing about the hotel is the location and value for money, I think it was £40 for a twin room and was sharing with a mate. Plenty of other more expensives hotels in Aberdeen that aren't anywhere near as good.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Hello GWI_GLA

Thak you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We appreciate all feedback we recieve.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Thank you again for leaving us great feedback.
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 18, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 weeks one and a half years ago. loved it. Needed to come back again through work. I have been staying for two weeks now, the staff all remembered me by name, Charlie in the restaurant in the morning would shout hi Sharon every time. My company tried to book for me again w/c 19th but you were fully booked. I am to be working in Aberdeen for another 4 weeks and had hoped to stay here, I feel im at home here. Unfortunately I am depressed now as I have been booked into Britannia hotel which has shocking reviews, grubby, dirty, poor food, im not looking forward to going tomorrow, please let me come back, I had the same room every time I stayed I joked with the staff im in room 442 "the penthouse"

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Hello Sharon F,

Thank you for all your kind comments, i am sorry we are fully booked this week, due to oilweek.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed here for a night during a tour of Scotland. It is very well located for the city centre and shopping opportunities. We found the car parking at the hotel ok, although it can be at a premium. It looks like Premier Inn have taken this property over as it looks a little tired compared with others that I have stayed at. However, we found our room comfortable and clean and slept well.

We had dinner and breakfast at the hotel and both meals were nice. The staff were friendly and helpful, in particular Seb who was most helpful with finding out information about white fire engines when we were having dinner! A long story inspired by my wife's eagle eye!

The university building opposite also provides home to a peregrine falcon which makes for interesting viewing whilst eating.

A nice hotel in a convenient location.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Hello Gary C,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we are very grateful for all feedback we receive.

Thank you for your lovely comments, i shall pass them onto the relevent staff.