“Premier Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #7 of 63 Hotels in Aberdeen
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Premier Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

My wife & I recently spent 3 night in the a/m hotel, and we cannot praise the staff enough.
The facilities were excellent and the hotel was spotlessly clean. All the staff were very friendly and helpful nothing was too much trouble. If we are in the Aberdeen area again we would definitely stay there.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gerryfrombury
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Hello Gerryfrombury,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback, we are very grateful for all feedback we receive.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us, i have past on to all members of staff about your great feedback.

We hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (157)
  • Greek first
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

I travelled from Germany for this stay in Aberdeen on business. I thought the hotel was great. Emma on check in was extremely helpful and explained about breakfast and dinners with the hotel. All staff were friendly. Comfortable sleep, quiet, room was very clean. Very impressed and I would stay here on return to Aberdeen.

Hello Germany13186487,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feeback, we are very grateful for all feedback we receive.

I am glad to hear you enjoyed you stay and i have passed on your lovely feedback to Emma.

Fife, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

This hotel is nice and quiet at night which I thought was very good. Rooms clean and basic but I like the hair dryer in room and the soap dispensers in te shower etc. only downfall is how hot the rooms are!! We left out window open our whole stay an hardly slept due to the heat! Even with the fan on. A very good hotel but if u want a good night sleep they need to have air con fitted or something

• Stayed June 2013
Hello Amy O,

The hotel is warm, due to the seasons changing. We have plenty fans to give out if needed. On your next visit please dont hesitate to call reception or ask any member for an additional one.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Thank you again for leaving us fedback, all is appreciated.
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Aberdeen is busy Tuesdays-Thursdays and prices rocket. Pay 60 at the weekend and you get value for money, pay £150 for midweek and you are not.
Rooms are clean and standard for Premier Inn, location is 10mins walk from centre and 5 mins from airpost bus stop so it is a reasonable location. However, car parking is limited.
Breakfast was advertised as buffet but hot selection was not available so was served to order. The advantage was that it was freshly cooked but staff would not serve toast so you need to wait for hot food to arrive, queue for toast and return to cold food. So, don't hope for scrambled egg on toast. Also, two orders in succession arrive with the wrong food.
Evening meal selection was good and, arriving 10 mins before they stoped serving meant that service was quick.
I would willingly return for a weekend trip.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
Hello Steveie B,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. We are very grateful for all feedback we receive.

Premier Inn now has a hot plate buffet, all you can eat, help yourself.
I apologise for the food orders being incorrect.

We hope to see you again in the near future.

Thank you again for leaving us feedback.
Bedford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013 via mobile

This Premier Inn has a great location, but apart from that it is really only average. I suspect from some of the fixtures, fittings and style that this was previously a Travelodge - there is only so much new corporate branding can cover up. It is in dire need of refurbishment - I regularly use this chain for stays so I know they can do much better.
On the plus side, I was offered a cheaper continental breakfast option - not advertised so far as I could see - which for me was a genuine bonus.

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Steve_T429,

The premier inn hasnt been known as a travel lodge, we are looking to get a refurbishment in the near future to come.

For future, we do have three types of breakfasts. The premier breakfast, the continental and the grab and go, please do not hesitate to ask staff additional information.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Thanks again for taking time to leave us feedback.
Manchester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

The room was very hot, could not open window due to loud traffic noise, so had to melt! Tea, coffee etc, take extras of your own as you are provided with the bare minimum, even though I asked for extra milk on 2 occasions I never got it. The shower had a mind of its own and was totally temperamental....had me literally gasping with the cold on occasions! As for the car parking .....was initially pleased that parking seemed adequate until some driver scratched all down the side of our car (drunk???) most likely....
The restaurant was ok quite a nice pizza
Staff appeared to be friendly
All in all Must improve!!! Please try to pay attention to the finer details, and at least pretend to be bothered......

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear Willowfish,

Sorry to hear that you did not have a pleasant stay with us.

We do have fans available for the guests that feel the rooms are too warm, also tea, coffee, milk etc can be provided at reception.

If there is anything you would like to discuss please do not hesitate to call myself and the hotel.

We do hope to see you again in the future.
Copenhagen, Denmark
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed at the Premier Inn as other preferred hotels were booked out in Aberdeen (as it happens during the week Mond to Thursd).
I had low expectations and whereas I wasnt blown away by anything I wasnt disappointed either. My room was quiet which is something I rate highly. Beds were on wheels, which is something I rate less highly. The bathroom was functional, of course with nothing in terms of shampoo etc. Tea and coffee making ability in the room which is appreciated. No minibar / no water.

My main issue with the hotel was probably that it was pre-pay - had never stayed in a hotel where EVERYTHING was pre-pay before - so even when I needed a cup of tea it had to be paid for up front (as I understand this is how they run their hotels).

It is totally fine to stay for a night at the Premier Inn, for a week's stay I would go elsewhere if possible.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Derek A, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hello FlowerPetalBlooming,

Thank you very much for taking time to leave us feedback, it is much appreciated.

Im sorry to hear you didnt enjoy your stay with us, we take in all feedback we receive and pass it on to make your next stay with us more enjoyable.

If there is anything you would like to discuss in person please contact the hotel and I would be happy to discuss this further.