“Like every other Premier Inn in the country”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
London, United Kingdom
“Like every other Premier Inn in the country”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

It's purple.

The rooms are a bit smaller than a provincial Premier Inn but adequately equipped and furnished with everything you would expect. It's more expensive than a Provincial PI as well but you would expect that. Nevertheless it is very well sited for the city centre and the parking is free, which is a bonus for a City Centre PI.

The restaurant is a Thyme and it is as heartwarmingly average as every other Thyme in the country - although there is better food to be had in Aberdeen.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Octopia,

Thank you for leaving a review on trip advisor. Your comments are much appreciated.
It is definitely a plus having free parking here, especially as this is a City Centre location. I am delighted to hear that the food here was to your liking and I will pass your feedback onto the rest of the team and the Food and Beverage Manager.

The team and I look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards

Louise

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
  • Greek first
Chesham, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013 via mobile

We got a very small room,close to city centre. Expensive and cramped.The only blessing, it was close to the shops and restaurants. It had a restaurant where the food was average and did not always come as it was requested.

• Stayed May 2013
Dear Mintyburble,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on trip advisor.
We have taken your comments on board and I have passed your comments onto the Food and Beverage manager regarding the restaurant.

I do hope that you will return to us here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre in the near future.

Kind regards

Scotland
Reviewed April 30, 2013

I stay a lot in Premier Inns and am a huge fan, so booked this one for a night out in Aberdeen. I was disappointed to discover that this has not yet been part of the refurbishment program that Premier Inn has been carrying out. So the decor was a bit tired, lots of scratches on the desk, marks on the mirror, slight stains in the bath. The TV was the old style 15" 4:3 aspect ratio on the desk, rather than a big widescreen on the wall, and the storage area was old style rather than the new ones with the illuminated mirror next to the hairdryer.

The room was also a bit on the small side. We booked a twin, and it was clearly a "zip and link" double bed which had been pushed apart. As soon as I sat on it, it rolled across to meet the other bed. Luckily we know each other really well so it wasn't an issue.

Having mentioned the downsides, I still give this a four out of five for great central location, good soundproofed windows, usual very comfy Premier Inn beds and pillows, and the fact that I got this room for £39 - great value.

Top tip: if you're going to the Lemon Tree, book this hotel - it is literally straight across the road.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back don't overlook the busy road
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear DDootsie,

Thank you for leaving feedback on trip advisor. As you had mentioned the rooms are looking a bit tired, however we are currently waiting for a refurbishment which will hopefully take place next year. We have already started the process by replacing all windows in the hotel with extra sound proofing, and have recently received a whole fit out of new net curtains and curtains. So we are moving in the right direction!
Booking in advance and availing of our premier saver offers is definitely a great way of saving money when staying with premier inn's across the estate.

Thank you again for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre , and we look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Had a couple of nights in Aberdeen with work, and its a busy city to get accommodation.
I eventual ended up in the Premier at the end of King street. When I arrived the first issue was parking( well its a nightmare) the hotel do tell you on their site parking is restricted. How don't the hotel and Morrison's get together and share some of the parking in the Morrison's car-park just around the corner even if you had to pay for it. Well apart from that the room was on the second floor and the bed and pillows just divine. Best nights sleep in a hotel in a long time.On the second day I lost my room card but it was replaced without any bother from the fine staff. The restaurant isn't fine dinning but doesn't propose to be its just good food served well by good staff. All in all a good place if you want to be in the very heart of Aberdeen. Not the cheapest but it seems to be the going rate for the oil capital.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Gerryriddler

Thank you for leaving a review on trip advisor . We take on board every comment we receive and distribute to the rest of the team.
I fully appreciate parking can be a bit tricky here at site, unfortunately we have limited parking but do try our best in notifying guests of this when making a reservation. We have approached Morrisons in the past regarding parking but this has not been successful.
I'm delighted you found are pillows to be divine.. ! Premier inn has put a lot of effort in regarding the pillows they use and providing the customer with a selection giving them the choice of comfort.
The food and beverage manager will be glad to hear that the staff were providing a good service.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and the team and I will be delighted to welcome you back.

Orkney
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Excellent friendly welcoming hotel. Everything you would expect from premier inn. Had premier breakfast where the service we received from the older male waiter made our stay even more memorable. Great

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Linda M,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I am delighted to hear that you were provided with the Premier standards that we provide and that your breakfast experience was made enjoyable by our staff member.

I look forward to welcoming you back and do hope that you visit us against in the near future.

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were going to see a band at the Lemon Tree (within 50yds) so decided to make a night of it and stay at the Premier Inn. We pre-booked the meal deal so for about £91.00 we had DB&B which was great value in our opinion. We booked in mid afternoon and received a very warm welcome and were offered our choice of floor & room aspect. We chose to face the busy road to the front but on the top floor which gave great views over Aberdeen on a sunny day (for a change!!). Room was large. clean and well appointed and fitted with extra glazing so the road noise was not a problem but you could still open the window for fresh air. We had our 3 course dinner which was a pre selected choice off the main menu which was plentiful and of reasonable quality. Off to the concert had a great night and went to bed at the back of twelve to be woken up at about 2.00am with people in the corridor knocking on doors and the like. My wife swiftly sorted them out and the remainder of our sleep was fine. The staff at check in did advise if there any problems to phone down but this was not necessary. Breakfast was hot, due to the buffet being broken and this was of great benefit as the food was freshly cooked albeit slightly on the crispy side for my taste but the staff again were very helpful. Parking was ideal and free, so would we stay again, yes due to location, value and friendy service.

Room Tip: As stated rooms facing the main road get the sun but choose a high floor to avoid road noise. Rooms...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank charles m
Dear Charles M,

Thank you for placing your feedback on trip advisor, It is always great to receive such good comments and I will pass your positive comments onto the rest of the team as they will be delighted to hear them.

I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience with us here, and the team and i do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Many thanks

St.Andrews
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Aberdeen has spread but, once you get the central part sorted out, the Premier Inn is ideally situated, being a short walk from the city centre.
To be honest, it's not a pretty building, reminiscent of what I've seen in East Berlin but once you're inside that impression dissipates.
As I was approaching it, for a one night stay, other guests were stepping out, for a night's entertainment. Not me! What I needed was comfortable bed and a cosy environment: which is what I got. And, blissfully, a bath!
I was well impressed by the bed: room for four and, probably, the most comfortable bed I've EVER slept in, in a hotel. What's more-choices of pillows!!!!
Me, being a princess, chose the soft ones.
The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice, Although the staff seemed a bit under pressure at times, they made it up in friendliness.
I liked the hidden menace in the notices about No Smoking.
Quite Right. Nobody who's a non-smoker wants that acrid aroma tickling their tonsils, as they sleep.
The one reminded me of a friend of mine, whose husband had been a diplomat. On her kitche wall she had a quotation: "A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to Hell, and you think: "That sounds a rather nice place to go!"
And, I also like the way the hotel policy looks after single women guests, putting you in rooms that aren't at the ends of corridors.
Not that I've ever felt threatened, where I've stayed, but that's a NIce Thought!
Would I stay there again? YES!

Room Tip: Just ask! That's all you have to do. And, it's what I did!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Busybee888
Louise K, Operations manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Busybee888,

Thank you kindly for your review that you left on trip advisor. It is always great to hear that our guests are looked after and that we could provide you with our premier service..

I'm thrilled to hear that we could offer you a choice of pillows and that you had a great sleep..! As for our lone female policy - don't hesitate to ask if you are ever unsure when visiting our other premier inn sites across the estate ..

Once again thank you for your positive feedback and the team and I look forward in welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Many thanks