“Saturday night rock gig”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #5 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We were going to see a band at the Lemon Tree (within 50yds) so decided to make a night of it and stay at the Premier Inn. We pre-booked the meal deal so for about £91.00 we had DB&B which was great value in our opinion. We booked in mid afternoon and received a very warm welcome and were offered our choice of floor & room aspect. We chose to face the busy road to the front but on the top floor which gave great views over Aberdeen on a sunny day (for a change!!). Room was large. clean and well appointed and fitted with extra glazing so the road noise was not a problem but you could still open the window for fresh air. We had our 3 course dinner which was a pre selected choice off the main menu which was plentiful and of reasonable quality. Off to the concert had a great night and went to bed at the back of twelve to be woken up at about 2.00am with people in the corridor knocking on doors and the like. My wife swiftly sorted them out and the remainder of our sleep was fine. The staff at check in did advise if there any problems to phone down but this was not necessary. Breakfast was hot, due to the buffet being broken and this was of great benefit as the food was freshly cooked albeit slightly on the crispy side for my taste but the staff again were very helpful. Parking was ideal and free, so would we stay again, yes due to location, value and friendy service.

Room Tip: As stated rooms facing the main road get the sun but choose a high floor to avoid road noise. Rooms...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank charles m
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear Charles M,

Thank you for placing your feedback on trip advisor, It is always great to receive such good comments and I will pass your positive comments onto the rest of the team as they will be delighted to hear them.

I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable experience with us here, and the team and i do hope that you will visit us again in the near future.

Kindest regards

There are newer reviews for Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Aberdeen has spread but, once you get the central part sorted out, the Premier Inn is ideally situated, being a short walk from the city centre.
To be honest, it's not a pretty building, reminiscent of what I've seen in East Berlin but once you're inside that impression dissipates.
As I was approaching it, for a one night stay, other guests were stepping out, for a night's entertainment. Not me! What I needed was comfortable bed and a cosy environment: which is what I got. And, blissfully, a bath!
I was well impressed by the bed: room for four and, probably, the most comfortable bed I've EVER slept in, in a hotel. What's more-choices of pillows!!!!
Me, being a princess, chose the soft ones.
The breakfast was excellent, with lots of choice, Although the staff seemed a bit under pressure at times, they made it up in friendliness.
I liked the hidden menace in the notices about No Smoking.
Quite Right. Nobody who's a non-smoker wants that acrid aroma tickling their tonsils, as they sleep.
The one reminded me of a friend of mine, whose husband had been a diplomat. On her kitche wall she had a quotation: "A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to Hell, and you think: "That sounds a rather nice place to go!"
And, I also like the way the hotel policy looks after single women guests, putting you in rooms that aren't at the ends of corridors.
Not that I've ever felt threatened, where I've stayed, but that's a NIce Thought!
Would I stay there again? YES!

Room Tip: Just ask! That's all you have to do. And, it's what I did!
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Busybee888
Louise K, Operations manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Busybee888,

Thank you kindly for your review that you left on trip advisor. It is always great to hear that our guests are looked after and that we could provide you with our premier service..

I'm thrilled to hear that we could offer you a choice of pillows and that you had a great sleep..! As for our lone female policy - don't hesitate to ask if you are ever unsure when visiting our other premier inn sites across the estate ..

Once again thank you for your positive feedback and the team and I look forward in welcoming you back in the not so distant future.

Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Just back from staying 5 nights in city centre premier inn. First looks of hotel is that it looks like some kind of multi storey car park which is ironic considering there car parking facilities are terrible. When in the hotel they advertise guarenteed good night sleep. Do not believe this statement because its not true. If ur room is on road side forget , you have no chance but thats not the worst of it. The thermostats for their very basic very poor heating systems are an absolute nightmare. They click all night and i must add the clicking is so loud you can actually here it from outside the room. To stop the clicking u have to tun off heating which then makes the room freezing. An absolute nightmare. How they can advertise a great night sleep is beyond me. Apart from that very helpfull staff and good quality food. Just dont expect to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Andy M
Louise K, General Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Andy M,

I would like to thank you for your feedback and shall discuss this with our team at Premier Inn City Centre.

Recently we have had new windows fitted to help reduce noise levels. Also upon check in you can always request a room to the back of the hotel away from the busy road. I apologise about the parking but as it is city centre based we only have limited parking and can advise parking a few minutes away. We have passed on this issue with the thermostat to our maintenance team.

We do hope to see you again in the future.
Thank you again for your feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Louise.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here after an event in Aberdeen. Very good location, not far to walk from anywhere in centre and not too noisy when town is busy! Staff were helpful and friendly and all local. Very pleased with our stay!

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear GabbysMama,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our city centre location convenient.

It is always great to recieve positive comments and I will gladly pass your feedback onto our team. Thank you again for your response and we will hopefully see you back here in the future.

Kindest regards,
Louise.

Reviewed April 6, 2013

Exactly what you expect for the price it is nothing special but I was not expecting Hilton like experience I was needing a cheap room for a couple of nights and I got a cheap room for a couple of nights so I cannot complain.

Would suggest to friends.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear J0hnprice

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback regarding your stay with us..
It's great to hear that you availed of our premier saver offers which can be booked on line via premierinn.com

We look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Premier Inn normally meets all by needs, but I was really disappointed this experience.

I had a very important business trip on the 26 - 27 Feb, and chose the premier inn as it is central, the staff are friendly and you know what you're getting.

Check in was excellent - the girl on the desk friendly, and she explained everything. Sadly, after that, everything went downhill. My hair dryer blew up shortly after having a shower, which resulted in all of the power not working, the room I was then moved to by the friendly female Manager on duty at that time then lacked heating, with the male night manager (I assume) - extremely unfriendly, and not at all sympathetic with my plight. I asked if I could go back to my old room which had heating, to which he replied "you're here now." Still, I had my wifi and portable heater and got on with things, as it was just one night and I thought once I was asleep it would be fine.

In the morning, reception clearly hadn't updated their records, as I got not one but two wake up calls for a taxi at around 6:30 - 7am, after very little sleep because I was still wide awake after the issues of the night before, thinking about the busy day ahead which I soldiered on with (to the best of my ability). On checking out, this wasn't going to be mentioned to me so I made a point of mentioning it as I was far from happy at the early wake up call. Again, I kind of got a half hearted apology, which wasn't good enough really.

Since this stay I have been back to Aberdeen, and have stayed in the Ibis and the Jury's Inn, which have been completely problem free - aside from some very minor details in the Ibis.

In fairness, I got the good night guarantee for all the marish experiences I had, however I do feel reluctant to book via premier inn again after this, which is such a shame.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 2, 2013

I stayed here for two nights in the middle of March for work. I unfortunately had a room at the front of the hotel, overlooking a busy road. Due to being a light sleeper I was woken by noise from traffic and due to the hotel being full was unable to move to the back. The breakfast was good but not replenished immediately when full and the fruit compote was still frozen! Room adequate, staff friendly but not cheap at £94 for B&B.

Room Tip: choose a room at the back
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Dear Plum pudding_12,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback. All feedback we receive we take on board and discuss with the team. We have had new windows fitted within the last week or so to help reduce noise levels, but unfortunately you didn't experience this- your room may not have been fitted with the new windows at that time. I have also highlighted the Breakfast issue with my Food and Beverage Manager and she will then communicate this with the Restaurant team.

Once again thank you for your feedback,

Kindest regards