“Fine for what it is”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #4 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Its what you expect. lovely staff, good breakfast and central location. Nothing fancy but fine for short stay. Think they are renovating the rooms but can't be sure. Near Jamie Oliver's new restaurant if you're going.

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Blobby33,

Thank you for leaving a response on trip advisor. I'm glad to hear that the staff were lovely and that the breakfast was to your liking.
We are currently installing new windows in our rooms and this is to be completed this week which may answer your question regarding the renovation. We are also hoping to have a refurbishment of the hotel which is in the pipeline for the coming year!

Once again thank you for your comments, and I do hope you return for another visit in the future.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed for a night when on business locally. Pretty standard premier inn experience, comfortable room to normal standard. Good location in the city centre, bars and eateries close by. Used the bus from the airport, quicker than a taxi and very cheap, which stops close by.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Winchester,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on your experience here at the premier inn city centre.

I do hope that you will visit us again soon,

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed as a family of 4 adults and 4 children in two well equipped family rooms with pull out beds. Check in was efficient and quick and we reserved a table in the restaurant which was quite busy so we had to wait an hour but the food was lovely and the children's meals much nicer than kids menu's often are. We booked breakfast in advance and the children ate free which was really nice as they often usually have to pay for breakfast and don't actually eat enough to justify it. Restaurant and breakfast staff very friendly and the food was better than most chain hotels. I had the nicest chicken curry I have eaten out for years! The shower was great! Location was fine for walking to the centre of the city. All in all a good positive experience.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank chattymatty

Dear chattymatty,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave a review of your experience here, at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with your family here. It is always nice to here positive comments on our service and also the staff. I will pass on your remarks to the Food and Beverage manager regarding the breakfast and chicken curry..she will be happy to hear this!

The team and I look forward in seeing you again soon, in the not so distinct future.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Stayed for three nights. Room spotless, staff all friendly and helpful. I had steak twice while I stayed and it was PERFECT. Choice at breakfast should suit all tastes and the greeting even at 6 in the morning was welcoming. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Jinjerwitch,

Thank you for leaving great comments about your recent stay with us here, at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay, and that we maintained our standards within our room cleanliness and that our staff were friendly and helpful. I will pass your comments onto the Food and Beverage Manager regarding the steak that you had. I am thrilled it was to your liking..

The team and myself look forwarding in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is a OK hotel, nice rooms and very helpful & friendly reception. However we were woken up several times during the night (between 2am & 4am) with people shouting, kicking our door, they tried to force their way in - it was very scary. We told reception and it seemed like a common occurrence because although they were very upset and promised to refund our money (they didn't) it seems like this happens every weekend. We stayed before at the Travelodge Aberdeen and you can't go to the rooms unless you have a room key, at Premier Inn anyone can go to the rooms - not good!
We did have dinner at the hotel and it took over an hour to arrive. It was also dry and we left most of it.
The rooms are nice but if you are staying at the weekend be prepared for a sleepless night.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear David 1224,

I appreciate the time you took in placing your review on trip advisor. I am concerned about the experience you had and that the person at the time on the reception promised you a refund and didn't follow through with this.
With regards to the Key Cards only those who have keys cut for a particular room can gain entry to that room, however we are at the mercury of all our guests and we do always hope that they respect the fact the other guests are staying in the hotel.

If you could get in touch me regarding this on 01224 624080

Kind regards

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I'm used to staying at PI and thought I would use this one as I knew what the standard should be. Check in was good and efficient. The room was small and very tiered but at least it was not on the road side so not much noise. Went for dinner which I had to book for. When i went to go in the Restaurant I was told "Your early but I suppose I can get you in" . Not the greeting I was expecting. Ordered the Steak, I am sure they had someone in the kitchen who's job it was to count the peas to make sire you didn't get too many. I know chefs have a profit to make but the portion were very small.

The bar and the restaurant were both under pressure as it was very busy, I think some one should have a look at the staffing levels.

If travelling from here to the City allow plenty of time as the traffic is a nightmare

Room Tip: Ask for the back of the hotel, less traffic noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear JonteT

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre.

Every comment we receive we take seriously and this helps us to improve our service. I have passed your comments onto my Food and Beverage Manager regarding the greeting you received, which I agree, should not be the greeting to expect, and this is certainly not the standard we promote. Also regarding the staffing levels, we are currently looking into how we can be more efficient with our staff and having extra cover.
The Food and Beverage Manager will in turn discuss this with the team and ensure that this does not happen again.

Once again I would like to thank you for your response, and the team and I do hope that you will return to us in the near future.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hotel staff pleasant, check in seemless, room clean, toilet paper thin, restaurant fine, service wee bit slow (possible lack of staff or staff talking in room behind bar).

Breakfast too expensive (go to Morrisons half the price, just along the road)

Parking tight for some spaces, but free

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear RabBarbour,

Thank you for putting a response regarding your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre on Trip advisor.

Every comment we receive we take on board, and this helps us fill any gaps, where we can improve the guest experience. I have spoken to my Food and Beverage manager regarding the staffing issue and she will follow through and discuss with the team.

Our Premier Breakfast is an all you can eat buffet with high quality products, and at £8.25 Premier Inn believe that this is a competitive price to pay in the hospitality industry.
However we thank you for your comments regarding this matter.

Once again thank you for taking the time in placing a review on this feedback forum, and we do hope that you visit us again in the near future.