“overnight stay”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Hotel staff pleasant, check in seemless, room clean, toilet paper thin, restaurant fine, service wee bit slow (possible lack of staff or staff talking in room behind bar).

Breakfast too expensive (go to Morrisons half the price, just along the road)

Parking tight for some spaces, but free

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

Dear RabBarbour,

Thank you for putting a response regarding your stay at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre on Trip advisor.

Every comment we receive we take on board, and this helps us fill any gaps, where we can improve the guest experience. I have spoken to my Food and Beverage manager regarding the staffing issue and she will follow through and discuss with the team.

Our Premier Breakfast is an all you can eat buffet with high quality products, and at £8.25 Premier Inn believe that this is a competitive price to pay in the hospitality industry.
However we thank you for your comments regarding this matter.

Once again thank you for taking the time in placing a review on this feedback forum, and we do hope that you visit us again in the near future.

Louise

Write a ReviewReviews (1,268)

Reviewed February 26, 2013

From the outside I would have to say this Premier Inn looks a little dated with the blue windows. However inside it is the usual Premier Inn standard with good quality rooms / beds so would recommend it. Car park is a good size for a city centre hotel and free as we've stayed in some central Hotels in Aberdeen with no carpark and public/ncp ones are expensive.
Great value for money especially given its location.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Colholly,

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Premier Inn.

Externally the building isn't the most attractive, however as you mentioned in your review the facilities and standards are very modern and to the Premier Inn way and this does not take away from our main focus; which is to look after our guests and making sure that they have the best experience possible.

I do hope that you will join the team and myself in the near future for an enjoyable stay.

Many thanks

Reviewed February 25, 2013

One night business stay here showed that sometimes going out to eat is a better bet!

Upon taking advantage of the Meal Deal the chicken I ordered arrived pink which I promptly rejected only for it to be sent back cooked dry. Needless to say I went hungry.

The location was pefect right in the middle of the city with access to everything and the room was a standard Premier Inn setup with a lovely bed, however the seagulls dont seem to have a night off switch squealing away all night which was fun as I like to sleep with a window open. (Maybe I am getting old)

Still is still bothering me why there was a hole in the ceiling just down the corridor from my room, wonder if the seagulls got it!

Fine stay/bad food!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Louise K, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Jimbles

I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay with us here at the premier inn.

With regards to your meal deal, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy it and that you had to send it back a second time, I have informed my Food and Beverage manager of your experience in the restaurant and have been assured that the kitchen team will be retrained in this area, I do apologise if this let your stay down.

Unfortunately with the seagulls, I completely understand, they do like to squawk. As for the hole in the corridor, I have been in touch with a contractor to come out and fix this, we are awaiting his arrival.

Once again thank you for leaving a response on trip advisor , and we do hope that you will come back to visit us again in the near future.

Many thanks

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Excellent location, free car parking, comfortable room, very high level of service from all staff. Breakfast was very good value. Have paid considerably more in other hotels in Aberdeen. Would definitely stay again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RTKL2,

Thank you for your positive comments. It is always nice to hear them and the staff will be happy to know that they are providing a great service.

We do hope that you come to visit us again in the not so distant future.

Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Ok well had to stay with my husband on business and booked here as most say you know what your getting most of time.. Lets start with the good points Location Excellent, most of staff good oh hi Charles :) don't know what they would do without you lol Parking great always managed to find spot.now the not so for us anyway, asked on check in anything required yes quiet room please having been on the road over 6hrs. Placed next to air conditioning cupboard which they was updating I couldn't sleep went to reception 2 am which I was given another room after breakfast and yes refunded moved rooms but being November with snow etc the room was very cold given a heater which helped but also extra duvet but I've never spent over £100 a nite having to sleep with extra cover and heater which dried the air so bad... Most of cleaners didn't speak English. You may ask why didn't move hotels because too far from where needed to be until the 2nd week so yes we moved to another premier Inn 3 miles away which I have to say was excellent. The breakfast was hit or miss cold or over cooked at Aberdeen Central.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Purplediamond88

I appreciate you taking the time in writing a review on your experience with us here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre.

I am glad you found the location to be excellent and that the staff here were friendly, especially Charles. I will inform him of your comments.
However I am disappointed to read that you were not happy with the location of your room, and that you had to be moved to another, which interrupted your sleep. With regards to the heating in the room, we are currently getting our windows re-placed which will hopefully keep the cold at bay and we are investing in new heaters.

I want to thank you again for your comments as these are invaluable, and help us improve our business and to understand the guests needs.

I do hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future, and the team and myself look forward in welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This Premier Inn is pretty much the same as all the others, but we did find the staff particularly helpful at Aberdeen Central.
In particular Peter arranged for us to change rooms shortly after arrival, with a minimum of fuss (the first room had a strange buzzing coming from the pipes in the bathroom that would have kept us awake!).
My only suggestion for improvement would be a power point at the 'head end' of the bed, to enable phones to be charged and be accessible without having to get out of bed!
However, that certainly wouldn't stop us staying here again.
Overall our experience was positive - good value (or better than one or two others), clean and functional rooms and excellent staff - recommended.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Fugly22

I am delighted you took the time to write a review about your experience with us here at the Premier Inn.

I will have great pleasure in passing on your good words to Peter who is our Duty Manager here, and he will be thrilled to hear them. We strive to make sure our guests are comfortable and our main priorty when they come to visit.

I have noted your suggestion with regards to the power points at the 'head end' of the bed, and will bring this forward for when we receive our refurb which will be in the next year or so.

I do hope that you will join us again in the near future and we look forward in welcoming you back.

Kind regards

Reviewed February 24, 2013

When you stay at a Premier Inn you always kind of know what you are going to get. Comfortable accommodation at a reasonable price. This hotel carries on in that vein and the people are genuine and friendly. Despite being in the centre the rooms are well insulated from any external noise. Location wise the hotel is a short 5 minute walk from the town centre and 10 minutes from the station. The only advice I can give for Aberdeen is that if you are going to book a room do it early because rooms book up quickly

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear MikeB1964,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review, regarding your stay here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre.
I am delighted to hear that the staff were friendly and genuine towards you and that you found your stay to be a comfortable one.

Premier Saver rates are definatley a great way to save some money and like you say these get snapped up quickly..!

Once again thank you for your response,

Kind regards