“Great base for city break”

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel
Ranked #3 of 65 Hotels in Aberdeen
Reviewed August 24, 2012

Took the family for a 4 night break to Aberdeen. Beautiful architecture ro be viewed from the room. Ususal Premier Inn service - friendly staff, great value breakfast.
Good location. Not far from the train station and direct walk to beach.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Alan S, Food & Beverage Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

The team here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre are delighted to read your comments about your stay with us.

We are all delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your room, the service and your breakfast.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre in the future.

Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre

Write a ReviewReviews (1,252)

Reviewed August 17, 2012

We have stayed here twice and wouldn't hesitate to recommend. Almost all of the staff are extremely helpful and friendly. Only one waiter in Restaurant stops me giving full marks as the service he provided wasn't up to scratch. The rooms are comfortable, functional and clean. The bed is comfortable and a good size.The dinner, bed and breakfast deal is exceptionally good value for money. The breakfast easily beats those of many four and five star hotels we have stayed in. There is a great selection of hot and cold food and great coffee! Hope to return in the near future!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Cilla H, Food & Beverage Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the nice review that you have given our hotel. The team here at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre work very hard to ensure that our gests feel valued and are treated as you would a guest staying in your own home.

I am sorry that one of our waiters didn’t come up to scratch in the service department during your stay and hope that on your next visit that this will be a situation that is rectified.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the buffet breakfast here at Aberdeen City Centre as we strive to ensure that it offers both value and quality to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not to distant future.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

En route from Manchester to the Shetland Islands we were " grounded " at Aberdeen Airport by bad weather.
Airport staff arranged a taxi for us but we had no idea where we would be spending the night ,
We were given a warm welcome at this Premier Inn & all the staff we encountered were friendly & helpful . The room was clean & comfortable & contained a fan to help to keep it cool. We ate in " Thyme " resaurant which is within the hotel building but which may be a franchise .Again friendly helpful staff and the food was good value for money . Breakfast next morning was in the same place & there was a very good selection of hot & cold food .
We had not intended to stop over in Aberdeen but if we went again I would have no qualms about using this venue .

Room Tip: We wre at the back - the road at the front seemed to be quite busy .
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Cilla H, Food & Beverage Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted that you enjoyed your unscheduled stay with us at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. Though I am sure that you would have proffered to have reached Shetland in one trip.

I am grateful that you were kind enough to comment here on tripadvisor on how welcome you were made to feel.

I am jubilant to read how much you enjoyed your dining experience with us for both dinner and breakfast.

Finally I am contented to read that you would have no qualms about using us again.

Thank you, for your kind review and we hope that you will come and stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

A mixed bag of feelings with this hotel

Arriving at the hotel we were greeted by very friendly staff. The room was a good size and boasted a very welcoming queen size bed with 2 additional single beds for the kids. The cot supplied was not used as it was flimsy and broken from overuse. It was a travel cot and the plastic corners were broken leaving razor sharp edges. Luckily we managed to make do with having the 2 single beds pushed together and having our 3 kids share. Premier Inn would be better off investing in some proper wooden cots that are in rooms on a permanent basis.

The room was extremely warm and well kept. We were very thankful for the fan in the room as the window lock and handle was broken and the window only opened so far for safety reasons as we were 3 floors up. There was an apology note in the room with advice on helping keep the room cooler.

The room was good and as you expect with Premier Inn and the bathroom was a good size with both shower and bath.

My only complaint was the amount of noise from outside the hotel. I would recommend asking for a room that faces out to the rear of the hotel. The views from either side are not very impressive but I would expect the rear of the hotel to be quieter.

Breakfast staff were very good and made us feel welcome. Thank you to Karen & Charles and the rest of the team. Some staff were disappointing and seemed to be there just to collect wages. The blue haired Diane was rude, uncaring and very unhelpful. We opted for the dinner & breakfast meal deal. £22.00 for 3 courses and free breakfast. All in with 3 children we spent an average of £65 per night on dinner but got free breakfast next morning so we were very pleased with this.

Our last night was the worst. We sat down to dinner to be told they had none of the things I wanted on the menu but the staff did not care less. Considering it was a Friday evening and we were the only people in the dining room, the staff could not be bothered to make any effort to comfort us.

The hotel is located close to everything visitors need and the staff happily gave us good advice on where to go and what to do with our kids. There is access to the hotel from the back or front.
The front of the hotel has steps to climb but the rear is on ground level with lift access.
Being in the heart of the city of Aberdeen the hotel is quite noisy on the outside. The room we had faced the front and the main road was extremely busy and noisy with extra noise courtesy of the road works right outside the hotel. We asked to be changed to a rear room but were told none were available.

The free 30 minute daily wifi access were handy and then 24 hours at just £3 was good but it was very slow and frustrating.

In summary, we had a very enjoyable stay. Staff for the most part were friendly but others were simply rude and ignorant and let the hotel team down. Food was good value although they did seem to run out of everything. Cot bed was dangerous and useless but other beds were very welcome big and comfy.

Would we stay again?... Yes

Room Tip: Ask for a rear facing room. There is no loss of views as hotel is in city centre but rear of hotel i...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I am disgruntled to read that you had the mixed experience that you had while dining with us at the Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre.

There is no excuse for any of my team not going out of their way to ensure that your dining experience was one that you and your family would expect and deserve to enjoy. In all honesty there is no excuse for my team not exceeding your expectations as we aim to deliver world class service to all our guests. On this occasion we have fallen well short of the mark and I apologise for this.

I can only apologise again for the state of the cot that was left in your room and we are going to invest in some new and more durable cots. By your remarks it is obvious that we don’t currently have enough stock of quality cots.

When it comes to external noise in many cases there is very little that we are able to do to prevent or control external noise. However this does not translate as us not caring about your concerns. Our hotel location is extremely central in Aberdeen and an unfortunate by-product of this is the external noise that is associated with nearly all city centre location hotels.

I am however delighted to read that you would stay with us again. Next time you visit us we will strive to rectify the problems that you had with us on this stay.

Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed for one night at this hotel accompanied by my young son.
Room was spotless, beds were comfortable.
We had diner in the hotel which was a good standard, waiting staff very efficient.
Breakfast was also of a high standard good quality and large choice of cooked and continental items. Overall food good value for money.
The only downside to our stay was the temperature in our bedroom, this affected our stay to the extent that I have marked the hotel down.
We did not sleep well as the room was so hot despite using fan and trying to open the window, we could not cool the room down sufficiently to get a decent sleep. This was important for my son as he had a major exam to sit in the morning. Lay on top of beds but got rubbish sleep due to heat. Did not therefore feel the hotel had fullfilled its good nights guarantee.
Dont know why hotel was so hot as not particularly hot outside. Receptionist asked me if everything had been all right with our stay, and I explained about poor night due to room temperature, she said this was probably due to number of people in the building.
If this issue was resolved I would certainly use this hotel again if staying in Aberdeen.

Room Tip: We had a high room at the back and despite the city centre location there was no noise at night.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Thebrushinverness
Cilla H, Food & Beverage Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your dining experience while with us at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I am also glad that you were happy with the standard of your room.

I can only but apologise for the problems that you had during your stay in terms of the temperature of your room. Hotel buildings generate a phenomenal amount of heat energy. During mild periods of weather as we have experienced lately it is very difficult for us to remove this heat without the aid of an air-cooling system.

We try our best to circulate the air through the building through the use off fans, however as you experienced this is falling short of the mark in solving the problem.

We will continue to work on solving this problem until it is resolved to the satisfaction of our guests. I hope that you will continue to use Premier Inn and we shall strive to deliver a better experience for you if you stay with us again in Aberdeen.

Kind Regards

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I have stayed in several Premier Inns, and they are usually of a good standard, nothing fancy, but dependable. Sadly, this one was not in that category. My room, although a reasonable size, and clean, was totally let down by its high temperature and a lack of capability to cool it down. An apologetic note on the dressing table testified to the fact that this was not unforeseen. The window could only be opened a crack and made no difference at all. A fan was provided, and I used it all night, even though the plastic plug was cracked and may have been dangerous. I suppose I was not in the best of moods, but I was also irritated by two uniformed chambermaids who dashed into the lift before me, seeming not to care that as a guest I was contributing to their wages.

On a more positive note the buffet breakfast was fine, although even here I thought that placing the little packets of butter next to the permanently-on toaster showed a certain lack of imagination.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Let me apologise for you’re far from ideal experience with us at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I am extremely disappointed to read that you found the butter portions next to the toaster, as they should not have been there and instead they should have been next to the cool well further along the buffet.

We have been fighting a loosing battle in regard to the room temperatures during this current spell of mild weather. We are struggling to remove the heat from some of our rooms without the aid of an air-cooling system. We had hoped that circulating the air with fans would help but as you have experienced this has fallen short of the mark. We will not stop in striving to find a solution to this problem until we have a remedy that is satisfactory to all our guests.

In the matter of the ignorant housekeeping staff I can assure you that this matter has been dealt with and will continue to be monitored. I can only offer my most sincere apologies to you and let you know that all the team at Aberdeen City Centre are under no illusion as to the value of the guest to the business.

If you stay with us again we will endeavour to provide you with a far superior guest experience to the one that you have just had with us.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Stayed at this Premier Inn whilst celebrating a friend's 30th Birthday. We were welcomed upon arrival, the gentleman serving behind the bar was friendly and the atmostphere was good. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We did not have any meals in the hotel, only drinks so I cannot comment on the food. On the whole however this hotel is conveniently located in the city centre, is only a short walking distance from the beach, transtation and numerous pubs and clubs. I will happily return should I be in Aberdeen again soon.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your imbibing experience while staying with us at Premier Inn Aberdeen City Centre. I am happy that you were given a friendly reception by our bar team.

The hotel is fantastically located for enjoying the leisure hot spots in Aberdeen and we look forward to greeting you as our guest again in the future.