“Quality Rooms, Excellent Staff and Good Food. Can I say Excellent Staff again...” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) Hotel

Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) Hotel
Ranked #5 of 64 Hotels in Aberdeen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Stopped for the week and it has been a pleasure, although I only ate in the resturant twice the service and the food was excellent. The staff at this hotel are what make it, nothing is to much bother. Nice 32” TV in room and good size rooms. Very clean. Will stay here again when next in area.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Marta G, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) Hotel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear Ngatland,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay here at Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) and I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay.

My team are dedicated to making sure all of our guests are looked after during their stay and it is rewarding to hear they went out of the way to make your stay excellent.

I am honoured you would consider to use the hotel again and if there is anything we can do to make your next stay even better please do not hesitate to ask.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

Thus hotel is anything but terrible. you may hear rants due to teething problems, as its simply a brilliant, well kitted out hotel. It's brand new and a fantastic hotel through and through.

I Stayed here on the 19th Aug 2013. I will list my experience as I experienced the whole stay...

Drove up and the building looks fantastic. Got ticket at barrier to let me in to car park, Parked and walked in.

Your met with a small reception desk with two "self check-in" terminals and a laptop in the middle.

I'm a business user booked my by travel booking team in my name, so couldn't use the self check in terminals. After 10 minutes of a little confusion I was checked in. Seems a little erratic with all 3 staff members falling over them self. It sounds bad but they were obviously struggling with new systems/processes. They were polite and very aware of a Q forming. When the receptionist asked the next in line if he would like to use the self check in terminal he said no.... For what reason I don't know. But when I watched another guest use it it seemed pretty simple. He seemed to have added to the problems. But after me, the Q went down pretty quickly. It seems a big mess but it was only 10 mins... So not ideal but not worth complaining about.

The room;
I found the room amazing. Very new. Very neat. Very modern. Fantastic Samsung LED TV just added to the boutique feel. The Bed was AMAZING! The room was Absolutely perfect in every way....

Dinner;
Good selection, well priced. Waitresses seem to want to try too hard. It's not a Michelin star restaurant so they can lay off the "over the top" serving attempts and they all looked quite inexperienced. They need to just relax... Food was very prompt and ordering was effortless. They looked after their areas very well.

Breakfast; Again faultless. But the servers (morning of 20th Aug!) were alot more chilled and relaxed than the dinner servers. So was a very nice pleasant atmosphere to start the day with.

Checked out and went to get out.

But I too experienced "card expired" when trying to leave but the staff were very helpful indeed and ill put that down to the hotel only being a week old.

Will I be back? Absolutely. And I'll see what it's like after these issues have been ironed out!

• Stayed August 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Marta G, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) Hotel, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Shab2050,

Thank you so much for such lovely feedback. My great team work really hard every day to make sure our guests have a fantastic visit and I cannot stress how rewarding it is for them when guests take the time to recognise that.

It is a great feeling to learn that you found our building to look FANTASTIC, bed AMAZING and our place to be simply a BRILLIANT, well kitted out hotel.

I'm so glad we met your expectations in the first few days of opening and contributed to making your stay a good one.

I have shared your comments regarding the cleanliness of the bedroom with my Housekeeping Team and they are thrilled that you appreciate their standards, Restaurant and Reception Team members are also delighted that you have recognised their hard work.

I hope we can welcome you back soon!

Regards,

Scottish Highlands, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The Dyce Airport is like any other Premier Inn, it does what it says on the tin. The hotel room was spotless, service was good although the meals quality was questionable(overdone).
Apart from the nightly cost difference(£77 one night and £123 the next?), the additional £5 per 24 hours parking charge was uncalled for and the silly little logo on the web site booking platform indicating this, requires to be highlighted more. Based on the total costs, I should have just commuted the 200 mile round trip rather than pay the daily £140 (average).
This hotel caters for the oil industry where costs are not an issue to companies requiring accommodation at short notice, hence the silly nightly costs.
I'll know better next time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear murdo428,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce).

I am glad to hear that you found our hotel to be spotless and service to be good.

Please accept my apologies for the meal experience and food quality. Let me assure you that all comments will be passed to Restaurant Manager and kitchen team. It remains our main objective to provide a high standard of service and our team is working hard in order to achieve this.

With regards to parking fee and accommodation rate feedback I will pass it on to our Central Revenue Team for consideration.

I hope that you will chose to stay with Premier Inn again in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Glasgow
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Stayed here 1st sept it is really nice as its only been open since early August 13
Everythngs fresh clean and brand new
The even have built into the wall of of your room below the tv connections for your laptop to connect to the flat screen tv
the dissapoint came in the parking cost £5 per 24 hours !!!!
Its not about the money,they want you to use the self check in to generate your room card but unlike the speedbird across the road wont have any reception staff to check drivers & gusts in and out.the barriers not now being used and is going to be taken out.
I arrived seen the signs about parking explained it didnt mention that on booking,i was told i would have to pay the £5 at that stage there were around 4 cars in the car park.
I went to pay in says on the sign above the machine number plate recognition is in operation no need to display the ticket in the car.
It tells u on the machine u must display your ticket.
Later on i noticed people coming in and out the restaurant for dinner arriving by car not hotel guests not paying,its extremely annoying when u try to do the right thing .
I reported my grivience to the reception and duty manager
Often £39 on a sunday night as no ones travelling but as the oil show was on it was £69.
Once they sort out giving gusts fee parking ill come back not till then
shame nice modern clean facility.

Dear corry186534,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, feedback is so important within our business in order that we better understand our services.

I am delighted that you found your room so comfortable and that you have noted the efforts of the team to keep everything fresh and clean.

I apologise for any issues you had with our car park facility, I assure you this have been addressed to LPS parking Security Company who is in charge of our car park.

Thank you once again for choosing our hotel, and I hope that we can welcome you back in the future.

Regards,

mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

We had an early morning flight so we chose this place. Walked back after returning the rental car and then a short walk to the airport terminal. Large rooms, very clean. Automated check in. We left very early so we did not experience the breakfast. We were offered a grab and go, which we declined. Nice restaurant and bar for dinner. The airport terminal has a Wetherspoons whcih is also good. Great location at a good price.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rudetravel,

Thank you for taking the time out to write such a positive review regarding your stay at Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce).

I was pleased to read that you were satisfied with our location and standards in our hotel. It will give me great pleasure in making sure your comments are passed on to the whole team and we will all look forward to welcoming you back to Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce).

Thank you once again.

Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

First the positives, I managed to book a room at short notice, check in experience was fine although system couldn't locate booking by my name but could when reference number entered. Room was excellent probably because it has only be open about a week and a half. However, once you enter the bar and restaurant it becomes a total disaster. As I was shown to my seat I was advised that the Gammon Steak and Profiteroles were not available. Service slow because they were short staffed in kitchen waiters & waitresses continually apologising. Meal was ok, have eaten in thyme restaurant's before but first time I would say that Brewers fayre a 100% better. Ordered Waffles and then told not available not sure if they had ingredients or of chef couldn't make them; then asked for a liquer coffee; coffee machine was working. I then went to bar hoping to watch Man United V Chelsea told they didn't have Sky Sports as it was too expensive. Have stayed in about 20 Premier Inns up and down the country only the second one where you couldn't watch football; probably explained why only two people in bar!!! Unless of course it is because bar staff have become members of the drink responsible movement; I asked for a large brandy and lemonade and was told this was not allowed because they were promoting responsible drinking. Not sure what training being provided but I would suggest they contact the Premier inn Aberdeen South; they know how to deal with customers, they can serve large drinks if the customer wants and oh yes you can watch Sky Sports in the Bar which was very busy compared to this facility

Room Tip: Stay in hotel but keep clear of restaurant, unless you want limited menu selection, drink non alcoho...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Meownboss
Marta G, Operation at Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) Hotel, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear Meownboss,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce).

I Am disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us and would like to offer my sincerest apologies. At Premier Inn we strive to deliver the best service we can and I am sorry that on this occasion we have failed to do this. Please be assured this is not a usual standard of service in our hotel and your comments will be passed onto the relevant departmental managers.

I would like to contact you as soon as possible as I would like to discuss this with you in further detail. Hopefully you will give me the opportunity to restore your faith in Premier Inn. You can contact me direct by emailing me at opsmgr.aberdeenairport@premierinn.com or by calling the hotel direct on 0871 5279460 and press option 3 to get through direct to reception.

Dartford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

This hotel has only very recently opened, it feels very modern and clean, i stayed in double room which i found very spacious, air conditioning worked well, the TV mounted on the wall is nearly as big as the one i have at home!
The bed was very comfortable, decor is the standard Premier Inn units and colours which is all well thought out and functional even down to a wall mounted bottle opener.
The staff were a mixture of experienced and trainees that worked very well, all very polite and helpful, have recommended to work colleagues.
You will need car if you stay in this area, not much in walking distance other than the Airport and a petrol station.

3 Thank Capt666
Marta G, Operations Manager at Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) Hotel, responded to this review, September 15, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and for recommending Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) to other travellers.

I am delighted you had a great stay and if there is anything we can do to make future visits even better please do not hesitate to ask.

We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn Aberdeen Airport (Dyce) in the near future.